Vote for your favorite track! Round 291

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 291 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: KingCobra

[Image: 5bf053516c9d1.png]

#2: MK Ultra [NL2]

[Image: 54adc08711ec2.jpg]

#3: Hawkins Lab

[Image: 5c088e84bd178.png]

#4: Rock 'N' Roadster

[Image: 5c0dbcf8f1bd0.jpg]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Tuesday, December 18
hawkins lab for the win
I am really fond of "Hawkin's Lab" and "Rock N Roadster". Great work was put in both of them. Not really a fan of the colour scheme of "MK Ultra", or the track layout of "King Cobra" though. Also not sure what the name "King Cobra" has to do with the theming of the rollercoaster but perhaps I'm nitpicking. In the end I voted for "Rock N Roadster", I found it more appealing than the other entries Smile
I voted for Rock 'N' Coaster. The layout was fine, nothing too spectacular but the theming was the best. Maybe it needed a bit more interaction because it's a bit outlying from the paths. This could've made it a bit more interesting.

I liked the smoke effects from Hawkins Lab but the interiors were lacking so many details.
CC:

KingCobra is lacking in multiple areas, namely the layout and foliage departments, although landscaping could have been better too.

- Try emulating real coaster layouts when you build, if you want to make a Woodie pick a manufacturer (be it GCI, CCI, Dinn Corp, etc.) and study their rides. Learn how they structure their layouts and apply that knowledge to yours.

- The foliage is just a random jumble of trees placed on every square with no rhyme or reason for it, try to pick a region and use plants native to it (this can be done with vanilla RCT2, there are plenty), or even just stick to a few trees and use bushes and terrapainting to fill in the rest. Negative space is your friend!

- The landscaping is very basic, incorporate terrapainting to make the landscape more interesting and do your best to try and escape the grid. Rockwork and more diagonals will certainly help you achieve this.

This is by no means a bad entry, but it does certainly need some work and I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in the future.

MK Ultra:
You could have done a ton of very interesting things with a name like that for your ride, yet you decided to just stick the coaster in the middle of a forest with a small pond nearby... You are clearly capable of making a quality ride, as the POV shows, now take the next step and properly provide context for your creation. If you want to go with generic theming, trick us into thinking it could be in an actual park. If you want to go with the MK Ultra brand, then maybe make it an indoor ride with the two vertical sections of track blasting through the roof (and properly theming the interior of the building as well). This project had (and still has) a ton of potential, and I hope that you go back and take another pass at this to achieve that.

Hawkins Lab:
Nearly everything I already said about MK Ultra applies to this, although instead of just forest we have a mostly empty box housing part of the ride. If you can manage to craft a semi-decent interior for this it'll be much, much better than it already is (and it is quite the ride).

In the end I went with Rock N' Roadster as it is (in my opinion) clearly the best entry this round. Some of the layout looks a little undersupported, but other than that I really have no CC about this, it's another stellar entry as we've come to expect from this builder.
Team CoasterTech

Hawkins Lab is well presented and I really like the sterile government facility architecture that is taken from the show! All the outside parts are really cool. I agree about the points made about the interior, because whatever would be visible to the guests would kinda look uninteresting. Just a bit more time in the oven would help it significantly for me. A pretty good entry overall though.

MK Ultra doesn't really stand out as much in contrast, and seems to be in the same vain as many NL2 work we've seen in the past that has a coaster in the middle of a forest without any ideas to tie it to. The video was cool, 10/10 would jam to it again.

KingCobra looks decent but the bar for RCT1/2 is slightly higher than this. Past winning RCT1/2 entries should give an idea of what more can be done with the game. Build more!

Rock 'N' Roadster, though. I'm not a big fan of the many trackitecture roofs but that technical skill is just too good. Some of these tricks can become very gimicky (roofs, kinda) but this strikes an okay balance for me. It's very vibrant and pleasant to look at. Definitely my vote as well.
Currently working on a fictional Italian non-park. Expected release date: Soonâ„¢

[Image: QLvoQOM.png]