I'll be gone for a little while

I'm going to be gone for a while, while I try to get this computer straight.  I have had no problems with RCT3 except no backgrounds but the plain grassy one.  Now I can't save any games.coasters, buildings or anything.  I keep getting a popup that says " unable to open, file may be set to read only, you may not have sufficient access rights or the hard drive is full.  I've checked all the folders and files and none are read only.  I have a 2 tb hard drive with over 1.5 tb free and I am the owner and administrator will all rights and priviliages.  I can't get Atari to answer my questions and Microsoft technician said it was beyond her training and she set up an appointment with a more advanced technician for this coming Monday.  If I can't get this resolved, I'm out.  Sorry. I love the game and you guys have been great.
If anyone has any suggestions I am free to any help at this point.

Retsarge
(Mar 9, 2019, 05:18 PM)Retsarge Wrote: I'm going to be gone for a while, while I try to get this computer straight.  I have had no problems with RCT3 except no backgrounds but the plain grassy one.  Now I can't save any games.coasters, buildings or anything.  I keep getting a popup that says " unable to open, file may be set to read only, you may not have sufficient access rights or the hard drive is full.  I've checked all the folders and files and none are read only.  I have a 2 tb hard drive with over 1.5 tb free and I am the owner and administrator will all rights and priviliages.  I can't get Atari to answer my questions and Microsoft technician said it was beyond her training and she set up an appointment with a more advanced technician for this coming Monday.  If I can't get this resolved, I'm out.  Sorry. I love the game and you guys have been great.
If anyone has any suggestions I am free to any help at this point.

Retsarge

I suggest re-installing RCT3 and backup your saves & CS (if you have any installed, I learned this the hard way).
thanks I've already done this twice with the same results.  At least I've got my coasters, buildings, CS's etc saved.
Ok I spent over 3 and a half hours with the Microsoft advanced technician.  I seems that during an update I had a corrupted file that corrupted the update.  I had to sign off as my usual user and create a new one.  then had to copy all my files over to the new user.  Then I reinstalled RCT3 and reloaded my coaster etc. Still got the popup but remembered what another member had said about looking for rct3.2 in the files.  found three of them.  deleted them and now I am back.
Welcome back!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Thank you glad to be back, still have some minor problems, but everything is working better. Thanks again