[solved] Help RCT3 Keeps Crashing

My Friend Also had a similar, or exact problem. The error was caused by two things:

1) The drivers were out-of-date. Updating them worked
2) He had a faulty DirectX. Reinstalled them worked

Also, check to make sure your Video card is not over clocked. Those can cause heat problems which lead to random restarts of games that use video card accelerators.

Here are the links to your latest drivers: http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.93...nglish.exe
This should update your version about 5 versions.

Here is the latest DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info....bsetup.exe
[Image: 7.jpg]
Quote:Also, check to make sure your Video card is not over clocked. Those can cause heat problems which lead to random restarts of games that use video card accelerators.

What is this? Over clocked? I posted a help me in the Atari Community Click Here How do I know if my Vid card is not "over clocked?"
[Image: 1.jpg]
5 videos FOR YOU
Well, you have to download special programs to 'overclock' a video card. By 'overclocking' a video, it will make it run faster. Most of the time it is safe if you have adequate cooling... Else, it will crash alot and then turn into cotton candy Smile
Thanks tikitiki! I'll stay away from that then.
[Image: 1.jpg]
5 videos FOR YOU
yeah, i think that there is an issue with the nvidia video card that you are using. there may be something about it in the readme that is installed with the disk. (hope this helps. a direct quote from the readme is as follows- "VIDEO CARDS WITHOUT "SHADERS" - RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! uses an advanced technology called "vertex shaders" found on newer video cards (see system requirements for a list of supported video cards). The following video cards do not have "vertex shader" technology and are NOT COMPATIBLE with this software.
- ATI Radeon 7000, Radeon 7500
- NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS, GeForce 2 MX, and GeForce 4 MX
- INTEL Extreme or any integrated chipset "

U may have to upgrade to a different graphics card manufacturer. Smile
soakedmaster Wrote:yeah, i think that there is an issue with the nvidia video card that you are using. there may be something about it in the readme that is installed with the disk. (hope this helps. a direct quote from the readme is as follows- "VIDEO CARDS WITHOUT "SHADERS" - RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! uses an advanced technology called "vertex shaders" found on newer video cards (see system requirements for a list of supported video cards). The following video cards do not have "vertex shader" technology and are NOT COMPATIBLE with this software.
- ATI Radeon 7000, Radeon 7500
- NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS, GeForce 2 MX, and GeForce 4 MX
- INTEL Extreme or any integrated chipset "

U may have to upgrade to a different graphics card manufacturer. Smile

GeForce 4 MX -- Yup, if none of my tips work, then this is probably why. Sorry!
hey peeps,

sorry i did not post replys to your help. A couple of days after posting my pc problem my computer completly crashed and would not even start up. On top of that my internet was cut off.:evil:
After talking to many peeps I had found the problem I had.
My motherboard was burning out my memory and as a result the graphics card was overclocking its self to compensate for the memory it couldnt use. As you could see from the specs it wasnt a great computer.

I have been told that graphics cards take a certain amount of memory from your pc memory to make up the graphics card onboard memory that it losses when running certain applications.
My advice would be, DONT overclock your graphics card unless you are 100% certain you know what you are doing.
And have 4 times the amount of memory your onboard grachics card memory is.
E.G If you have a 128 mb graphics card then you should really have at least 512mb memory.
Hope this makes sense.
I now have a new pc and it runs like a trooper. Im just waiting for my internet connection to be fitted and installed and i hope to be up and running again by the new year.
If im not on before. everyone have a great christmas. And keep on tycooningSmile