Open Source RCT3

Do you have assets which could develop RCT3?

Would you like to see a game developed by the community like RCT3, but with the things we like?

Pop over to the Atari RCT3 board : http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sho...p?t=524241

Feel free to post your feelings here, and vote on the above link Smile
Yea, Great idea. I don't have the time to develop or write the code. If I were to attempt it, I would use QT 4.1.3 with Open GL. I would not use GTK or GNOME because it has issues. KDevelop would be optimum for code development.

I have thought about this for at least 3 years. I even tried to design the grid map like RCT2. RCT2 interface would be much simplier to work with from a programming standpoint.

THanks,
Andrew
I think Open GL is better than Direct X in many ways. I would definately use it if I could choose
[Image: 7.jpg]
The reason why QT 4.1.3 is necessary is because the entire KDE 4 shell is based on it.

In QT (C++) There is the OpenGLWidget class. This allows you to use OPEN GL to design custom controls such as dialogs, buttons, and menus. This is important.

If anyone is willing to contribute, I will get a website going and write the source code for the Ground Grid with the ability to rotate using FFT and do color shading for such terrains like Grass, Sand, or dirt. I can also create the application shell alsso.
We'll have a site open (very) soon for this project. I also know JonWil and perhaps Tom65789 will also be working on this project (among others I have not mentioned). It seems we'll also have enough testers too :P
ah goody, I was just about to set up a myBB forum, Thanks T youve saved me some work, I can go to bed now lol,

Id be happy to help out on the graphics/image side of things for the website if needed Smile
That would be great. I'm not sure, but I will try and get belloman to help too.
ken A has said no forums websites or anything should be made for this project yet
[Image: jag100banner.gif]
I was aware of that jag Wink Thats why we havn't moved forth with anything. Infact we may not move forth at all.
This sounds fantastik. The only way that I could help out would be to test; but I'm willing to do what I can to help...
[Image: 1.jpg]
5 videos FOR YOU