Harro Rct3X

Harro. Im frostiez, and i played RCT 1 and bairly parts of 2. I just bought 3 and in a bit need of help.

1. Custom Scenery: I know how to install but i cant figure out how to use Scenery well
2. What makes a roller coaster that good? Is it all that scenery, or just flips and twists?
3. What makes a park its fullest?

Appreciate all help!

If any of you guys play anything other than RCT3, I can probably help with it in return for the help I need.

~Frostiez
Hello and welcome to RCT3x!!

I'm not so good with custom scenery myself so i cant help you with that, however for good, exciting roller coasters it is a combination of several different things. (in my opinion at least) These can include height, speed, air time, number of inversions, twists and turns, and a smoothe flow from one element to another althought this last one doesnt really change the ratings on your coaster in RCT. Usually if you want a coaster that is very high and has a lot of speed you won't really want to put a lot of inversions in it unless you plan to make them extremely high off the ground and that is not very realistic (fortunately this is a game so i suppose it would be alright).

If you plan to build a ride with a lot of turns and inversions you probably won't need to worry about putting in bunny hops (little hills for air time). If you plan to make a large coaster that may use a large loop or something like i would suggest putting in a brake section in the middle of the ride. This is a ride that uses a brake section in the middle of the ride. The Boss (also a good idea for giga/hyper coasters)

These are the ways that i build my coasters and it works for me. If you would like to see any more of my videos or parks ive posted most of them at rctlounge.com. Click here to go to Thread at RCTlounge.
~~Mhoutz09~~
(Aug 7, 2008, 02:13 PM)Mhoutz09 Wrote: Hello and welcome to RCT3x!!

I'm not so good with custom scenery myself so i cant help you with that, however for good, exciting roller coasters it is a combination of several different things. (in my opinion at least) These can include height, speed, air time, number of inversions, twists and turns, and a smoothe flow from one element to another althought this last one doesnt really change the ratings on your coaster in RCT. Usually if you want a coaster that is very high and has a lot of speed you won't really want to put a lot of inversions in it unless you plan to make them extremely high off the ground and that is not very realistic (fortunately this is a game so i suppose it would be alright).

If you plan to build a ride with a lot of turns and inversions you probably won't need to worry about putting in bunny hops (little hills for air time). If you plan to make a large coaster that may use a large loop or something like i would suggest putting in a brake section in the middle of the ride. This is a ride that uses a brake section in the middle of the ride. The Boss (also a good idea for giga/hyper coasters)

These are the ways that i build my coasters and it works for me. If you would like to see any more of my videos or parks ive posted most of them at rctlounge.com. Click here to go to Thread at RCTlounge.

Thanks for the advice! Your parks at RCTlounge are incredible. The Tatsu sign is crazy.
Thanks for the compliment.

I didnt make that unfortunately. It is park of Dkimbers ride signs custom scenery set.
~~Mhoutz09~~
Oh. Oh well.. A question though..

Where did u get the models or scenery that covered ur rides? (aka, the roofs, i cant find those, or any of the roofs on the picture of the month)

Help well appreciated.
In the two parks that i have posted i used the generic roofs that came with the game or the Hangar 51 set.

I also believe that the roofs in the picture of the month are from the hanger 51 set.

Give me a minute and ill post a link to the site where you can get it.
Hangar 51

Hanger 71

These are the two that i think have those roofs. If not you can look around this site and find much more that may have them. Smile
~~Mhoutz09~~
(Aug 7, 2008, 04:24 PM)Mhoutz09 Wrote: In the two parks that i have posted i used the generic roofs that came with the game or the Hangar 51 set.

I also believe that the roofs in the picture of the month are from the hanger 51 set.

Give me a minute and ill post a link to the site where you can get it.
Hangar 51

Hanger 71

These are the two that i think have those roofs. If not you can look around this site and find much more that may have them. Smile

Sorry for the double post.

Mate, I just wanna thank you so much for your help. All appreciated. Hope to return the favor one day.
8)No problem.Smile

I do sugggest that you register at rctlounge and ask your questions there. This forum is pretty much dead, you just got lucky that i happened to check it today. At once this site was great for everything but now it rarely even checked by people other than new members that dont post. You will get a quicker reply at another site.

8)
~~Mhoutz09~~
Hello Frostiez, hows it going? I am pretty much the only person who checks this forum, I jsut so happened to be away on vacation this week.

For your custom scenery problem I have to say look at other peoples parks, ask what scenery they used and take those Ideas and expand on them. Its pretty much inspiration and creativity that makes custom scenery look good, and don't forget that most CS has no collision so they make perfect doors on paths and stuff.

For a good coaster I say that hills are the best. Besides that Mhoutz kind of said it all.

What makes a park the fullest is easily scenery, trees (lots of 'em) and hills.
[Image: 2yowokk.jpg]