Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11)

This is so exciting!
Newport Pleasure Gardens isn't dead!

We will return from this brief hiatus on Monday, March 9, with our Season 3 Announcement. All comments will also be replied to at that time. Thanks for your support!

Stay tuned...
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Announcement
Season 3, 1980

[Image: inverterconceptart.jpg]

Quote:Newport, RI - Newport Pleasure Gardens announced this morning the addition of Inverter, the park's third roller coaster.

Inverter will take the guests up to a height of 105 feet, down a 100 foot drop and through a vertical loop. After a helix, riders will then experience two consecutive corkscrews over a pond, before riders enter the brake run and prepare to disembark.

Inverter is the park's first looping roller coaster. "We really wanted to capitalize on the momentum we gained after last year's addition of the Mine Town area. We're sure that guests will not be disappointed by our new addition!" said CEO Robert Clarke during the offical announcement this morning.

Inverter will be accompanied by an expanded midway, going under the theme of a "Town Square." The area will also feature new food options and shopping. The park's existing Dream Tower attraction will be incorporated into the new area as well.

Inverter will open with the park on May 17.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Can't wait for some more pics.
BTW, how did you do that to the pic, making it look like someone drew it?
DiarugaCoasters: Thanks! I use gimp for my concept art. Search "watercolor affect gimp" on google, theres a ton of tutorials.
-------------------------
Season 3

Hey guys -

I headed out to the park today for opening day. I knew I couldn't wait after I read the announcement about Inverter! It'll be my first looping coaster! Check out these photos from my day:

[Image: shot0817bmp.jpg]
I made sure to pick up a map on the way in. The park sure has grown over the last few years!

[Image: shot0819.jpg]
I immediately ran back to the new area - it was already super busy!

[Image: shot0814.jpg]
The line was long, but I made sure to get a few rides in on Inverter.

[Image: shot0787bmp.jpg]
That first drop goes right into the loop; it was really intense!

[Image: shot0790bmp.jpg]
These corkscrews were great right over the water. I have a feeling this will be a signature shot some day...

[Image: shot0766s.jpg]
I made sure to stick around after most people had left for the day. It sure is beautiful at night!

I'll be back soon, time permitting. Exams are setting in again, so we'll see. I'm also going to apply for a summer job at the park this year. Wish me luck!

-Jimmy
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Can you post an updated download?
That would be cool.
^DiarugaCoasters: I'll post an updated download in a few more seasons. I'd like to wait a bit longer, because there's a lot more coming to the park. Stay tuned!
---------------------------------------
Season 3

Hey guys,

I decided that today was just too beautiful of a day to pass up. With that, I closed my textbook and headed out to the park. Eh, I can study for my exams next weekend Wink

[Image: shot0764.jpg]
I'd never noticed these flags at the park entrance.

[Image: shot0765.jpg]
It looks like they've already got one up for Inverter. I wonder when High Flyers will be replaced by the next coaster...

[Image: shot0769.jpg]
As soon as I saw these crowds, I headed the other way!

[Image: shot0794.jpg]
I ended up in Mine Town, so I grabbed a ride on Hill Runner. Always a fun ride!

[Image: shot0820.jpg]
I eventually did make it back to the Town Square.

[Image: shot0779.jpg]
I ended the day on Inverter. The loops get me every time!

I'll be back to the park as soon as school is out. Wish me luck on my exams!

-Jimmy
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
cool park map But I think you should add more attractions and rides maybe like 21 Rides
USA Fun And Blast Is great Company to plan and design any Park so if any parks need an buyer then USA Fun And Blast is there to help.
^Remember, we're only 3 years old, so we're still small. Don't worry though, there are big things to come! Thanks for your comment!
-----------------------
Season 3

I survived my exams. Luckily, summer is here and I applied last week for a position at the park. Lets hope I get it!

[Image: shot0809.jpg]
I stopped into the High Street Train Station first. I don't come in here much, but it's a fun ride.

[Image: shot0818.jpg]
I passed on the Bumper Cars. They're fun, but not quite thrilling.

[Image: shot0788.jpg]
Time for a ride on Inverter!

[Image: shot0789.jpg]
This helix is intense!

[Image: shot0816.jpg]
I couldn't stay at the park all day, sadly. At least I got this great pic as I was driving home!

I'll let you know soon if I got the position!

See ya later,
-Jimmy
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
I was on holiday for the past week, and I've missed so much action. I like Inverter, but on some pictures it looks like you've added to many flanges.
Coasteriffic