Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11)

Hey guys - you may have seen that the download has disappeared. I have edited some things due to questions about CS requirements and such. As a result, it must be re-approved. Once it is, I will repost it.
--------------------------------
Season 7

Hello guys,

I have interesting news today - it seems that land clearing has begun for next year's addition. Of course, I know what it is, but it's your job to guess...

[Image: 9vba5.jpg]
This is what I saw from Monstrum's exit path.

[Image: P6ctj.jpg]
Could it be another coaster?

[Image: B7Y0z.jpg]
A new area, like Town Square?

[Image: 4mbhM.jpg]
Maybe even a water ride...

We'll have to wait and see Wink

-Jay Jones

--------------------

Hello!

Well, it's been a long first year here at Newport Pleasure Gardens. We've managed to turn around our attendance, and are almost in the black, which is definitely a good sign. Hopefully next year's addition will help push us over the line - we're confident that it will. As to what it will be? Well, we'll find out tomorrow...

[Image: I2ppQ.jpg]
A family attraction was just what the park needed for this year.

[Image: HiDsJ.jpg]
The crowds have really picked up.

[Image: 6PHmO.jpg]
Our coasters are giving their last rides of the season.

[Image: Oa0O5.jpg]
This view will never be the same again!

-Jay Jones
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Updated Download (7/21/11): DOWLOAD
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
--------------------

[Image: ptYg2.gif]
LIVE BROADCAST

Quote:<static>

Tom Munro: "Welcome back listeners. For those who've just joined us, I'm Tom Munro coming to you live from Newport Pleasure Gardens. Any moment now park officials are expected to take the stage to announce next year's additions. It's expected to be a big year for the park, given that they're holding a full-scale press conference. And it looks like Jay Jones is moving towards the podium; let's take a listen:"

Jay Jones: "Welcome to Newport Pleasure Gardens, everybody! <applause> Thank you! It's been a busy first year for us here in Newport, but we were fortunate to already have such a great park to work with. Island Voyager was our first addition to the park, and it certainly won't be the last. We have plans in place that we're sure will be very successful. Today, however we're here to talk about next year's additions - that's right, two.
We'd first like to announce the Clarke Memorial Theatre! This summer concert venue will host local talent and Aerosmith in August! With seating for over 400 and standing room on two levels, this will become Newport's premier open-air concert theatre! <applause>
Thank you! Our most exciting announcement, however, is Thunder River, a new water ride. Thunder River is our second water ride, after Crawfish Island River Excursion. This white-water rafting style ride will take riders through waterfalls, water spouts, thick trees, and down a 30 foot drop! We're sure that Thunder River will be great fun for the whole family! <applause> Thank you!...."

Tom Munro: "Well, it sounds like Jones is just wrapping up. Two big additions - I don't think anyone was expecting that! We'll be discussing what this means for the park and Newport when we return - don't go away."

[Image: Wdzg2.jpg]
Thunder River Concept Art

[Image: vpBMh.jpg]
Clarke Memorial Theatre Concept Art
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
I appreciate the occasional comment!

Sorry for the late update! The next week or so might be like this, so I apologize in advance.
----------------
Season 8

Hey guys!

Welcome to another exciting season at Newport Pleasure Gardens. Let me tell you, we are super excited about this year and our additions, and we've got lots more great stuff to come! I'll get going with it; we've got pictures from opening day:

[Image: 69Udz.jpg]
Welcome back to NPG! Thunder River gave its inaugural rides this morning!

[Image: i5hiN.jpg]
These guys were the lucky first riders!

[Image: uqIm7.jpg]
The Clarke Memorial Theatre is closed now, but we'll be hosting a local talent show later this week.

[Image: Acq7y.jpg]
The "Monstrum Midway Expansion" seems to be a success!

We'll have more soon!

-Jay Jones
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Nice work on the additions. I really need to get a better computer so I can open your park!!!!!!! lol
I'll friend you over at shyguy's world.
(Jul 27, 2011, 09:37 AM)DiarugaCoasters Wrote: Nice work on the additions. I really need to get a better computer so I can open your park!!!!!!! lol
speaking of shyguys worl whats wrong with the page it wont let me on it

MeadowBrook Gardens Comeing Soon!!!!!!Cool
(Jul 27, 2011, 04:58 PM)Talismenf22 Wrote:
(Jul 27, 2011, 09:37 AM)DiarugaCoasters Wrote: Nice work on the additions. I really need to get a better computer so I can open your park!!!!!!! lol
speaking of shyguys worl whats wrong with the page it wont let me on it

Ok, so it`s not just me then... Hope he fixes it soon!!!!
^Yeah, he said that he just had to increase his monthly bandwidth limit. Fixed now!

DiarugaCoasters: Sorry about your computer, you're not the only one. I even have problems opening it, but I release it anyway because I recognize that some will want to try anyway. If you have a specific problem or any questions I can answer, feel free to PM me!

-----------------
Season 8

Hello again,

We experienced a bout of bad storms this morning, and as a result crowds were low today. Fortunately, it cleared up in the afternoon, and I managed to ride a few of my favorites with no wait!

[Image: jZSvd.jpg]
I didn't manage to get out until about 2, it was really pouring.

[Image: ZPQse.jpg]
A few of our tried-and-true flat rides still had lines.

[Image: hdvau.jpg]
The Corner Café is my favorite place to have lunch in the park!

[Image: TBEK0.jpg]
Lucky for me, the Monstrum Midway expansion is just a short walk from my office!

More soon!

-Jay Jones
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
I have a Core i3. Would that be good enough to run this park?
Me? I use Dove soap to make MY napalm.
OK here is the cereal part of my sig.
I'm playing ROBLOX and I liek wafflez. :3
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2088]
^Most likely. I'm on a MacBook Pro (a good one, but still...), and it works well enough for me. Give it a try if you want to.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects