Poll: Did this tutorial help you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
71.43%
5 71.43%
no
0%
0 0%
a little bit
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RCT3 Uploading Screnshots

Uploading Screenshots

I have noticed that there are many members that cannot upload because of the following reasons:

• they do not know how to take a screenshot
• they cant upload the picture type

I am here to help these people with this issue. First of all, i have told Justin (the administrator) and told him about this issue. He replied and told me the reason that this happens. I will not go into very many details with that, but i will tell you exactly how to get the pictures on here.

•step 1 - name a peep David Walsh, and press ctrl+u to get rid of the icons. press it again to change it back.
•step 2 - take a snapshot of the game by pressing f10 (do not type f10, look for the key that says it)
•step 3 - save and close rct3 and go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 4 - go to this website: http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/
•step 5 - upload the pictures that you took in rct3 (do it one at a time or open a new tab if you are uploading multiple pictures)
•step 6 - download all the pictures. they should be a jpeg format!

If you are uploading pictures for an already submitted track, cs, etc:

•step 7 - go to rctgo and click "manage downloads"
•step 8 - find the file you want to add screenshots to.
•step 9 - click screenshots
•step 10 - scroll down to the button that says "add screenshots". click it.
•step 11 - go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 12 - hold ctrl and click on all the pictures that you want to upload. then hit ok.
•step 13 - choose the order of the pictures (drag them) and save!

If you are uploading pictures for a track, cs, etc that you are currently uploading:

•step 7 - click dowloads > upload your works
•step 8 - choose the rollercoaster and all that stuff
•step 9 - click "add screenshots"
•step 10 - go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 11 - hold ctrl and click on all the pictures that you want to upload. then hit ok.
•step 12 - choose the order of the pictures (drag them) and then upload your rollercoaster, cs, etc.

If you are uploading images to post on a forum/message board:

•step 1 - name a peep David Walsh, and press ctrl+u to get rid of the icons. press it again to change it back.
•step 2 - take a snapshot of the game by pressing f10 (do not type f10, look for the key that says it)
•step 3 - save and close rct3 and go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 4. Open a new tab, and then go to www.imgur.com, or any other image hosting website. Make an account if required, and upload your image from the file destination you found in step 3.
•step 5. Find the direct link for the image and copy it, for example:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1627/do...tons04.png

•step 6. Go back to the new thread or reply tab and right next to the right bracket, type [img]. Then paste the direct link next to that.
•step 7. One final step, type this: [/img]

Thank you for reading this tutorial. Comment below and tell me if it helped you!
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
You can also convert multiple pictures at a time here: http://www.resizemypicture.com/
step 2 is f10 not f11 and an easier way is to go onto paint, save as Jpeg and upload them!
Yes, but the quality isn't as good. It's around 5kb worse.
It doesnt matter does it? I mean, do you have trouble looking at mine?
oh well, if you are not good at computers, then do it the paint way. but if you have a mac, well i dont know what that thing uses. not many people play rct3 on a mac though.
I think the paint way would be harder if you're not good at computers, especially because many computers don't actually say where the Print Screen button is and it takes you ages to find it.
Not if you have windows vista or 7 and you can search for it in the start menu.
(Dec 19, 2011, 10:49 AM)alexwohlbruck Wrote:
Uploading Screenshots

I have noticed that there are many members that cannot upload because of the following reasons:

• they do not know how to take a screenshot
• they cant upload the picture type

I am here to help these people with this issue. First of all, i have told Justin (the administrator) and told him about this issue. He replied and told me the reason that this happens. I will not go into very many details with that, but i will tell you exactly how to get the pictures on here.

•step 4 - go to this website: http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/
•step 5 - upload the pictures that you took in rct3 (do it one at a time or open a new tab if you are uploading multiple pictures)
•step 6 - download all the pictures. they should be a jpeg format!

If you are uploading pictures for an already submitted track, cs, etc:

•step 7 - go to rctgo and click "manage downloads"
•step 8 - find the file you want to add screenshots to.
•step 9 - click screenshots
•step 10 - scroll down to the button that says "add screenshots". click it.
•step 11 - go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 12 - hold ctrl and click on all the pictures that you want to upload. then hit ok.
•step 13 - choose the order of the pictures (drag them) and save!

If you are uploading pictures for a track, cs, etc that you are currently uploading:

•step 7 - click dowloads > upload your works
•step 8 - choose the rollercoaster and all that stuff
•step 9 - click "add screenshots"
•step 10 - go to c:/users/(your username)/my pictures/rct3
•step 11 - hold ctrl and click on all the pictures that you want to upload. then hit ok.
•step 12 - choose the order of the pictures (drag them) and then upload your rollercoaster, cs, etc.

If you are uploading images to post on a forum/message board:

•step 4. Open a new tab, and then go to www.imgur.com, or any other image hosting website. Make an account if required, and upload your image from the file destination you found in step 3.
•step 5. Find the direct link for the image and copy it, for example:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1627/do...tons04.png

•step 6. Go back to the new thread or reply tab and right next to the right bracket, type [img]. Then paste the direct link next to that.
•step 7. One final step, type this: [/img]

Thank you for reading this tutorial. Comment below and tell me if it helped you!

Where do I type [/img]?
Eat, sleep, ride!
My band's first single, "Get Outta Mah Face!" has been released! Look us up on iTunes!