RCT3 Custom Scenery No :svd for :sid

Hello, I am a new user. I have looked in multiple places for a fix for this problem. There are a few different custom scenery packs that I am installing, two of which cause this "no :svd for :sid" error. I have installed them in the correct directory (Style/Themed) and I have used the folder containing the .ovl files. I have used the updated version and tried multiple times to reinstall. The custom scenery packs I am trying to install are:

ImagineerJohn's Animated Billboards and Tubes
Gadget Goodies

My game freezes, generating the error message in the background whenever I put my mouse over the custom scenery.
I am also running a Windows 7 System, and using RCT3 Platinum.
I would appreciate your help!
Thank you!

EDIT: I fixed it, nevermind
Mind posting a hint as to how you fixed it?
I also have Windows 7 (SP1) and the Platinum version and no matter what CS set I throw in there crashes to the No :svd for :sid, making me bonkers I tell you.
I consider myself an advanced PC user but this problem is ridiculous and the best advice being posted around the web seems to be "reinstall it!" and verify the location.
How many times can I need to re-download, re-install and/or re-load it to the Style\Themed directory anyway?

OK Since I fixed this myself I'll post my fix maybe it will help others.
Not entirely sure what fixed it bt I changed the name of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum directory folder to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (deleted the Platinum) and I think that was the real fix, however when I did that Windows popped up a warning about needing admin privileges to do that, so I went into the security settings and enabled Full Control for all users and applied those to all the subfolders in that directory
Launched the game and the test CS set started working, loaded a couple more and those worked so I kept going and added about ten more and all those worked.
Doesn't Help Frown Anyone Else?
[Image: Ardy.png]
The most common result in this is extra folders/files, look thought the CS and see if there is any un(Wanted) files/folders that you don't need.
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Hey this thread was posted on my birthday! Tongue
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Try follow this method:
1. Download your custom scenery
2. Save it to the desktop
3. When extracting the WinRar file, instead of clicking the third option "Extract To," click the second option "Extract here"
4. Test it on RCT3. It should work with no error

I try it...and it worked....From Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agykqHQEMTg
Yeah. I hate Sid. HE CAN'T GET ENOUGH SVD!!! IF HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SVD HE FREEZES YOUR GAME!!!
I like what you did there. The way you put it sounds like its a disease. Biggrin
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
I always save my game before opening a CS set that I haven't tried out yet.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Jul 13, 2012, 08:06 PM)Lunartech Wrote: …..
How many times can I need to re-download, re-install and/or re-load it to the Style\Themed directory anyway?

Re-download?! Once, as far as I’m concerned! We can only hope that after they’ve uploaded their files that the CS artists try downloading them and installing them to confirm they work. If once is not enough I say it’s time to move on to other CS.

(Jul 13, 2012, 08:06 PM)Lunartech Wrote: …..
Not entirely sure what fixed it bt I changed the name of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum directory ….. added about ten more and all those worked.

Thanks so much for sharing. I’m sure many of us like to see someone share solutions to difficulties they have had in RCT3.

(Apr 24, 2013, 02:32 PM)RCTgoMatthew Wrote: I like what you did there. The way you put it sounds like its a disease. Biggrin

I don’t like Sid either. I think he needs therapy for his Svd issues When he gets like this he's acting just like a disease.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.