allooo

hey there wonderful people,

oh, there will be questions... so many questions.
just got into RCT recently. i shoulda gone to engineering school but the schooling lasts longer than that of a surgeon and i suck at math. blush i played around a bit before but never considered modding to the level i am now. i have a sandbox im filling up, just getting started. so i start looking around the net for helpful things and i guess this was the inevitable destination.
finding my way around the downloads is a little challenging, i wish folks who build coasters with custom content would post linx to that content (?) and getting the freaks platform pack was almost given up on (filesharing is being shut down by the man). though i did manage to dl a couple of groovy coasters and even got them to show up ingame. Eek
having a look at the fireworkx now, got 2 types: .frw & .fwd - where these go? and parks (.dat) im guessing the folder in docs/rct...
i appreciate the help. and i would like to share my progress on my first sandbox, just as soon as i figure out where to find that file.

again, thanks for any help i get... oh boy, this is gonna get fun real quick...
Hello, and welcome to RCTgo!
Want help?, just PM me! =D
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
ok , figured out the firework thing, and im ready to upload a park, but ill have to do that later today.
the learning curve on this game steepens exponentially as i dig deeper. i eventually would like to create laser & pyro displays. (but its sooo much fun building and riding coasters) so how would i go about finding a specific coaster in my park for uploading, i think i can find the park file if i rename it. i have a variation of the storm runner i spent 3 days editing. im a little proud of myself, and want to share.
ok so ive learned alot already, but some details need explaining to me first.
what is ctr & cfr ? also when i change a guests name to activate the advanced fireworks editor in my sandbox, it is gone the next time i start my game, how do i make it permanent?
CFR= Custom Flat Ride (Merry-Go-Rounds, Ferris Wheels, etc...)
CTR= Custom Tracked Ride (Rollercoasters)

Go to the peep maker and name the peeps cheat codes Wink
[Image: Ardy.png]
thanx demos, custom peeps... (d'oh, why didnt i think of that? <facepalm>)
as for the custom track rides, i got the file for a coaster named nitro. featured dl's i think, and the filename is thus " [CTR_Hyper]Nitro (scenery).trk " but i cant seem to locate it ingame, am i just not looking in the right place or am i missing some crucial custom scenery?
also if i built a neat coaster in my sandbox where would i find the file to upload and share here? in documents folder or in program files/rct3... etc. ?
thanx again, im probably going to end up spending way too much time with this game. ;P
nevermind i found it. going to try upload now, look for stormrunner2 in ... uh dont know where itll go, feedback would be nice. wait ill just put it here as att.
thanks again

Attached Files
  [Stormrunner]Stormrunner2.trk (Size: 110.6 KB / Downloads: 115)
Why don't you upload your coaster instead of attaching it to a post? - It would be alot easier, if you do please use a screenshot. Biggrin
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.