How to Fix RCT3 Billboards

[Image: F3YHL.png]

In this tutorial, I will show you how to fix the RCT3 billboard problem for Windows Vista and 7. If you haven't done this, when you use billboards in the game, it will crash and your unsaved work will be lost. If you have any questions, leave a reply in this thread.

1. First, click start and search for the program called "Command Prompt".

[Image: 2012-12-15_1458.png]

2. Type in the following words exactly how they are typed below:

cd "C:\Users\(Your Username)\documents"

Now press enter.

This is what it looks like if your username is Alex, like mine:

[Image: 2013-02-21_1916.png]

3. Now type in these exactly how I did:

rmdir "MY PICTURES"

Press enter.

This is what you should have:

[Image: 2012-12-15_1506.png]

Now just type EXIT and press enter or close the program.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1511.png]

4. Go to your documents folder. Press the "New Folder" button.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1512.png]

5. Now name it:

MY PICTURES

Hit enter and you will have your new folder.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1513.png]

6. Now drag any pictures into the folder that you want in your game:

[Image: 2012-12-15_1518.png]

7. Open RCT3 and you now can use your own pictures in the game! Here's an example of a billboard in use:

[Image: s7eps.jpg]
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Beautiful rustic screenshot with breathtaking trees. I just downloaded a passel of Spice's stuff today which I believe includes the coveted swamp grass and lily pads (his vegetation pack). I hope some of the downloaded CS includes some of the trees in your shot. I recognize Spice's pine behind your billboard and I already have that installed.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

It works for Vista, I've tried it before. But now that I switched to Windows 8, it doesn't work. You said that this works with 8. I followed all instructions and it doesn't work. Do you mind messing around with stuff and making a seperate tutorial for windows 8? I will be pleased. Thanks.Cool
Sorry, I don't have 8 to work with. I'll change the OP, I thought it worked.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Dec 15, 2012, 05:59 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote:
[Image: F3YHL.png]

In this tutorial, I will show you how to fix the RCT3 billboard problem for Windows Vista and 7. If you haven't done this, when you use billboards in the game, it will crash and your unsaved work will be lost. If you have any questions, leave a reply in this thread.

1. First, click start and search for the program called "Command Prompt".

[Image: 2012-12-15_1458.png]

2. Type in the following words exactly how they are typed below:

cd "C:\Users\(Your Username\documents"

Now press enter.

This is what it looks like if your username is Alex, like mine:

[Image: 2013-02-21_1916.png]

3. Now type in these exactly how I did:

rmdir "MY PICTURES"

Press enter.

This is what you should have:

[Image: 2012-12-15_1506.png]

Now just type EXIT and press enter or close the program.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1511.png]

4. Go to your documents folder. Press the "New Folder" button.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1512.png]

5. Now name it:

MY PICTURES

Hit enter and you will have your new folder.

[Image: 2012-12-15_1513.png]

6. Now drag any pictures into the folder that you want in your game:

[Image: 2012-12-15_1518.png]

7. Open RCT3 and you now can use your own pictures in the game! Here's an example of a billboard in use:

[Image: s7eps.jpg]
HI; Alex , My name is Darin and only recently joined this sight? and had problem with getting pictures in my RCT3 billboards . Your instructions were perfect! and I have windows 8 ! Theirs one thing you have do before the instructions you gave will work and that is? for windows 8 people they need to set the game program to windows 7 or vista ? and windows 8 can do this 8 has a recovery disk built in and gives the person the option to change program files? after doing the change? then they can follow you Instructions to the TTTT! mine works and I'm excited ? thank you Darinblush
this is the greatest post 7 years i went with no custom pics or sound and in 4 weeks we get custom billboards,my music,CSO.CFR,CTR and utilities bleh
maybe you could post a beginner's guide on awesome cso/ctr/cfr sets with your step by step instructions even a mor...nm cause im here haha and maybe a guide on utilities download and what they do in plain talk and ones that are critical to park operations etc
in advance thank you
The GREAT ONE
ps
indirectly this would highly please The Greater One too)
Thanks - it worked for me Smile
(Jul 7, 2013, 05:51 PM)Casburn21 Wrote: It works for Vista, I've tried it before. But now that I switched to Windows 8, it doesn't work. You said that this works with 8. I followed all instructions and it doesn't work. Do you mind messing around with stuff and making a seperate tutorial for windows 8? I will be pleased. Thanks.Cool

HI ! my name is Darin and I also have windows 8 it will work all you have do , is set your RCT3 game to run in a previous version of windows then follow Alex's instructions? it will work!!!!!Smile
Recently my billboard-usability got killed somehow. I am using windows 7 and had no problems with them before. I already did the cmd procedure a thousand times but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Game crashes when i add a new billboard or reimage an old one though it doesn't happen immediately all the time. In example: i could happily build a whole billboard maze for about half an hour one time and have a game crash even before the game is loaded the other time.

Another thing is that when i start from scratch, all picture-files are selectable. But every time the game crashes more pictures get grayed out. However they are still visible on billboards i placed and saved before game-crash. I am going nuts! Tongue
If you’re suddenly having this problem with the same park chances are that, between the time your billboards worked fine and now, you’ve added a great deal to your park.

In a huge park that's maxxing out your CPU, RAM, graphics card and game engine, RCT3 will occasionally crash when we try to add another billboard image. The game engine seems to put a low priority on the billboard images in that the game will alternatively drop the link it has with a small percentage of the images you have placed on your billboards (about 10-20% of them in my experience), and will at such times also have trouble identifying the images you have placed in your My Documents\My Pictures folder, graying out the images and listing them as “unsuitable.” This is a temporary problem and when this happens you will need to replace the image on the billboard after the next time the park is opened (the image won't re-link on its own). Although as mentioned the game has temporarily indicated the images in your folder are unsuitable your images are just fine and can still be used.

Huge parks seem to be more prone to this problem. Usually when this happens to me I can continue to play my park as regular, making sure to check my billboards before taking screenshots. When adding images to my billboards causes my park to crash this tells me my system is choking on my park and it’s definitely time to minimize the park or reconsider an upgrade to my graphics card. You would also do well to ensure your system has more than 2GB of RAM.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.