Thx's Structures and Pools.

Hello folks,

Here are some of my latest assorted builds...

I re-did the Trocadero nightclub in RCT3.

Here is the old one from RCT2...

[Image: SCR11.jpg]

Kind of hard to have a nightclub with no "night".

Here it is in 3...

[Image: Shot0190.jpg]

[Image: Shot0188.jpg]

Much more "Euro-style" and lighting is everything here.

[Image: Shot0193.jpg]

Finally found some cafe chairs that I can use, so many custom sets lock the game when I open them...

[Image: Shot0192.jpg]

[Image: Shot0179-1.jpg]

Also, I did an RCT3 version of the "Taj Cineplex" from my Miami Beach RCT2 build, here is the old one...

[Image: SCR103-1.jpg]

I had always planned to put more razzle-dazzle etc on the roof, but never got around to it.

Here is the Taj in 3...

[Image: Shot0226.png]

Now it is the "Blue Taj" Cineplex.

This one was built from the interior out...

[Image: Shot0221.jpg]

Three large screens, 600 seats and two concession bars.

[Image: Shot0213-1.jpg]

I need to place a few more lights in the lobby...

[Image: Shot0212-1.jpg]

I have added a few lights since this pic...

[Image: Shot0228.png]

Those chaser lights flash in sequence and look beautiful as some of you may know and have them...

[Image: Shot0217-1.jpg]

[Image: Shot0227.png]

[Image: Shot0225.png]

I put it in a new park I've been tinkering with for the last couple months: The Plaza.

[Image: Shot0231.png]

Lots more to come.

Thx Smile
I'm surprised no ones seen this thread, and he hasn't posted anything in a while, because that last picture makes it look FANTASTIC!! I love how you made it in rct2 and rct3. I'd love to see it during the daytime, because it's really cool. My favorite building is the Blue Taj, because of its detail and theater. It's honestly one of the best projects I've seen on this forum [no offense everyone Smile]. It's definitely better than anything I've ever made. The nightclub looks fascinating also, because of its design.

GREAT JOB!

-Andrew
Unfortunately, sometimes something gets posted and it quickly moves off the Latest Posts board into potential oblivion.

But we can remedy that .....

Your Trocadero is a great structure except the one in RCT2 looks more like a building. While I appreciate you've put a lot of effort in the RCT3 structure it looks like you simply had too many CS choices and tried to use them all – sort of like in the graphics industry where it might take you all day to decide Times New Roman would be the best font for the project except to the next person your choice will look like you spent a minute deciding to go for the default font.

If you'd like some constructive critique I'd recommend you reduce the amount of split-levelling you have incorporated in your RCT3 Trocadero (changing about half of this split-levelling into long flat areas), add some art deco trim, a few art deco-esque windows, a few more balconies (one or two with more scenery) and perhaps some pieces to suggest portions of the roof are gabled – add some pieces from Moby's curved walls and floors to your roof. Keep the overall height of the structure but slightly lengthen its overall appearance. Your beautiful restaurant beneath the glass could do with some more furnishings. I'm afraid your hedge at the railing there doesn't match the polished appearance of the remainder of your park. I may be judging your work before it's completed but I believe you could also do with more scenery in the park grounds so your day shots look more lush.

BlueTaj Cineplex is just ideal. Your night shot is stunning.

What is that fantastic, enormous glass structure in the distance? Screenshots ple-e-e-e-e-ese!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Mar 17, 2013, 08:43 PM)AndrewKramer Wrote: I'm surprised no ones seen this thread, and he hasn't posted anything in a while, because that last picture makes it look FANTASTIC!! I love how you made it in rct2 and rct3. I'd love to see it during the daytime, because it's really cool. My favorite building is the Blue Taj, because of its detail and theater. It's honestly one of the best projects I've seen on this forum [no offense everyone Smile]. It's definitely better than anything I've ever made. The nightclub looks fascinating also, because of its design.

GREAT JOB!

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew for the post and nice comments! Smile

I think I belong to almost every RCT board out there and never seem to get many comments, threads do go down with not even one post sometimes. Frown

Glad you like the Blue Taj, it's the first one where I really buckled-down and decided I would build from the inside-out and I do that from now on.

Here is a Chinese restaurant I finished more than a month ago...

It's named "Pink Panda": Pink Panda Chinese Restaurants.

Thanks to Ralfvieh for their East Asia custom scenery pack and Vodhin and several others!

[Image: Shot0403_zpsad20f653.png]

Every Chinese restaurant I've been to seemed to have pink tablecloths and I guess I just extended it throughout the build, lol

[Image: Shot0408_zpsd9d9324d.png]

A glass-walled octagon shape which just begged for a pink glass stripe and I was committed to the pink theme.

[Image: Shot0412_zpsa67476ee.png]

Black accents to make it pop...

[Image: Shot0413_zpsbe8c1aca.png]

I used to build a lot of glass enclosures like this for thrill rides back in RCT2, make 'em look like giant wrapped presents or something.

And the awesome rooves...

[Image: Shot0414_zps71d1bd7d.png]

A pink panda mascot out in front, natch'.

[Image: Shot0435_zps0a42b69b.png]

A shallow pond for the swimming coy in the back, I might put an overhanging patio extension if I get ambitious...

[Image: Shot0441_zpseddb65c7.png]

[Image: Shot0433_zpsbd39aac9.png]

[Image: Shot0442_zpsb80cbb00.png]

[Image: Shot0430_zpsb3380596.png]

There is a bit more to do to the restaurant, a billboard sign, some more shrubbery and maybe some pink neon accents...

Much of the space you see here will have thrill rides, so I don't have too awful much more to go. lol

[Image: Shot0439_zps310950d8.png]

Thx Smile
(Mar 18, 2013, 05:42 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Unfortunately, sometimes something gets posted and it quickly moves off the Latest Posts board into potential oblivion.

But we can remedy that .....

Your Trocadero is a great structure except the one in RCT2 looks more like a building. While I appreciate you've put a lot of effort in the RCT3 structure it looks like you simply had too many CS choices and tried to use them all – sort of like in the graphics industry where it might take you all day to decide Times New Roman would be the best font for the project except to the next person your choice will look like you spent a minute deciding to go for the default font.

If you'd like some constructive critique I'd recommend you reduce the amount of split-levelling you have incorporated in your RCT3 Trocadero (changing about half of this split-levelling into long flat areas), add some art deco trim, a few art deco-esque windows, a few more balconies (one or two with more scenery) and perhaps some pieces to suggest portions of the roof are gabled – add some pieces from Moby's curved walls and floors to your roof. Keep the overall height of the structure but slightly lengthen its overall appearance. Your beautiful restaurant beneath the glass could do with some more furnishings. I'm afraid your hedge at the railing there doesn't match the polished appearance of the remainder of your park. I may be judging your work before it's completed but I believe you could also do with more scenery in the park grounds so your day shots look more lush.

BlueTaj Cineplex is just ideal. Your night shot is stunning.

What is that fantastic, enormous glass structure in the distance? Screenshots ple-e-e-e-e-ese!

Thanks for the post and the detailed analysis FlightToAtlantis, that Trocadero structure was quite a project.

It is pretty tall in rct2.

The thing about that roof is, there are so many holes left, you cover up one and find two more, there are a LOT of building pieces that comprise that roof.

But as far as different types... almost all of that structure was built with NYR's concrete walls, the only other set is Vodhin's glass roof covering the little atrium in the back.

"Windows"?, it's a night club, we don't have windows, just the glass in the back.

The Troc wasn't built from the inside-out though...

I do plan on building another one, this with the "Karaoke Stage" attraction as the centerpiece... full restaurant, booth and table seating... it should also go much smoother when putting the roof on.

I'm pretty happy with the exterior of the Troc, it's the interior I'm ashamed of, lol. Smile

Oh, that large glass structure is "The Plaza" mall/indoor theme park/food court and has the roof off while I am finishing the interior. (All thoise shops have to be done one at a time and can take several hours each.)

[Image: Shot0124.jpg]

[Image: Shot0081-1.jpg]

[Image: Shot0103.jpg]

[Image: Shot0084.jpg]

[Image: Shot0570_zpsf2967e60.png]

[Image: Shot0569_zps3cde5cd8.png]

[Image: Shot0568_zpsdac61c87.png]

I had to put a side additon on to accomodate three large swimming pools...

[Image: Shot0143-2.jpg]

[Image: Shot0574_zps77dd07e4.png]

[Image: Shot0145.jpg]

The park has done pretty well so far with test openings and has won several awards early on...

[Image: Shot0556_zps201fa8df.png]

[Image: Shot0476_zps8364031f.png]

[Image: Shot0572_zps94ad880c.png]

Thx Smile
Something new has been added to The Plaza build skyline: The Wedge.

Here I'll cover the process of putting this latest building together, I think it was more than a week, maybe ten days from beginning concept to placement in the park, so here goes...

I wanted a condominium for permanent residence as opposed to another resort, something under 2000 sg. feet, here is the beginning...

[Image: Shot0294_zpsaf7fe07b.png]

Modern, split-level, the wedge shape was bold, but would prove challenging to lay out a workable interior...

[Image: Shot0300_zps59db6fa6.png]

Fortunately I can save structures and lay out a bunch to mess around with, here is a typical if not neat and organized build site, this building took two separate ones...

[Image: Shot0314_zpsa93e3060.png]

Finally you have the floor plan all figured out and set the windows and lighting and maybe a few ornaments...

[Image: Shot0305_zps26061484.png]

I still don't have much in the way of custom interior scenery like furniture so I have to improvise as much as possible. (And that can be of one of the fun aspects if you look at it that way, there will always be some scenery you need but don't have, lol.)

Here I tried to build from the "inside-out" as much as possible to include a kitchen, mock furnished living room, master bedroom/bath floorplan with room to add another bedroom and bath over the kitchen...

[Image: Shot0384_zps887b85ef.png]

While the wedge shape was selected with the exterior foremost in mind, I knew that the large angled glass would afford breathtaking views from every room...

Two of these units would be joined together in pairs and then a number of pairs stacked upon a lobby...

[Image: Shot0325_zps80072a9a.png]

Inside there is room for the resident elevator and two enormous Lexan truss rods depicted here in red...

[Image: Shot0316_zps1fd8652f.png]

The truss rods are sunk deep into bedrock, four gigantic bolts at the top of the building put tension on the Lexan rods and keep the whole building rigid and not just sitting on top of a foundation, but firmly fastened to bedrock.

Now we are ready for a platform to build the stack upon, here is a shot of the lobby with the roof off...

[Image: Shot0322_zps91195e91.png]

Inside we have a couple fountains, some plants, a few vases, a lobby desk and a full buffett, coffee and soda bar, compliments of the house.

Here is the finished lobby, ready to start stacking...

[Image: Shot0386_zps464ee0a6.png]

But wait a second there Hoss, we're not quite ready yet... what's going to go on the very top of the skyscraper?

I could have just capped off a pair of condos at the top of the central joining member and put a red light on that, but I really wanted a structure at the top and considered several shapes including a star-like pointed structure, a lightning bolt shape, but finally settled for... another wedge.

The Skybar...

[Image: Shot0388_zps95d7d2d5.png]

A semi-glass roof and stratospheric view do more to put you in the clouds than even the generous drinks they pour. Don't worry, a sheet of that armor glass could easily support two elephants jumping up and down on it as though it were a trampoline. (Even pink elephants...:wink )

Here is the Skybar with the roof off...

[Image: Shot0326_zps54a904f0.png]

Another buffet table for happy hour, some tables without chairs, (no good chairs yet :/ ) plants, the same ol' large vases and a small bar with the biggest view around.

[Image: Shot0389_zpse5aef116.png]

So, we put the Skybar on the top and start stacking pairs of condos... (the bar is not depicted in this screen, so you are not going crazy, lol)

[Image: Shot0385_zps1fd757c9.png]

After a number of levels you finally put the whole thing on top of the lobby...

[Image: Shot0323_zps24733b9b.png]

Instead of building from the ground floor up, in RCT3 you build from the top level, save it, then put down another level, what will end up the next lower level and stack what you have saved on top of that... then save again and repeat as often as you need, with this technique you can build much higher than the old method of 5 or 6 stories, I can go 100 if I want.

All the way into the sky...

[Image: Shot0339_zpsec4b6330.png]

It almost resembles a vertical windmill and one idea is that the winds can rotate the entire structure on an enormous thrust bearing and turn a maximum of once every 15 minutes or whatever is most comfortable. In times of calm a motor could drive the building... but, this particular one is pretty much stationary.

I decided seven levels and the Skybar would be tall enough, I had originally planned on ten levels but thought that was too tall for this park in the end...

[Image: Shot0338_zpsa72270d3.png]

Even though there are only seven levels of condos, remember they are two-story and spaced twenty feet, so altogether you are about 300 feet up at the Skybar...

[Image: Shot0341_zps4d2b731d.png]

And of course we have a wedge-shaped swimming pool in the back built over steep cliffs...

[Image: Shot0353_zpse1f777e2.png]

I really wondered where I could put this tall structure, I sure didn't want it in the front blocking our view of other buildings like the Trocadero, so I flattened a hill and put the Wedge building among the steep hills in the back of the park.

[Image: Shot0334_zps5e728670.png]

So there we have it, from concept to finished building...

[Image: Shot0348_zpse8c839ca.png]

[Image: Shot0356_zps7d6fa1c9.png]

[Image: Shot0370_zps4f980274.png]

Thx :-)
I think the building in the last part is very cool, but very unrealistic. You should probably put some supports to hold up the ends of the building. But otherwise I kinda like it.
nice......
[Image: Ardy.png]
Not bad.. however I think it needs some supports every now and then. That's going to have to be a pretty strong beam to support an entire hotel room on it's side. Also, the pool needs some "sprucing up".
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Thanks you guys for the responses!

Yes, it does look rather precarious, the Wedge building, but I would remind that it is an advanced design made from advanced materials...

I realize it seems as though an apartment could detach pretty easily and come crashing to the ground. ("Marketing" said we could put seat belts on the beds...:/ )

But actually I imagined two Lexan beams that extend through the floor, through the central joining member and into the adjacent apartment.

Lexan is a space-age polymer that is similar to nylon... it will bend, it will twist, but it takes Herculian force to break it. (Think of those tie-wraps they use for handcuffs.)

The tinsel strength is so high on those beams, just one could support not only the weight of an apartment, but more than twice the weight of the entire building...

(And just think, no noisey neighbors walking above...)

The central member is made of steel boiler plate and held rigid by the giant Lexan truss rods, the apartments are made of light, but strong composites.

The main drawback with the design is the cost of the units... they would have to be almost ten million each, maybe more.

I'd like to hear the ideas about snazzing up the "Nevada shaped" pool area... maybe a water slide? Some more shrubs and fancy palm trees? What do you think?

Many of my structures are based on real-life places I remember from my childhood.

This one is my version of a Farrell's Ice Cream parlor I remember from Rosemead CA., here is a shot with the roof off...

[Image: Shot0460_zpsb552abd1.png]

Again, trying to build from the inside-out.

[Image: Shot0545_zps138147dc.png]

Here we have a nice ample kitchen...

[Image: Shot0522_zps720c9918.png]

[Image: Shot0473_zps44dce659.png]

[Image: Shot0542_zps094818bb.png]

[Image: Shot0499_zps7d1df7f5.png]

[Image: Shot0492_zps6d3bcdbe.png]

[Image: Shot0500_zps0a95848c.png]

[Image: Shot0490_zps0c99933f.png]

Thanks again guys!

Thx Smile