RCT3 Downloading + Using Custom Tracks

Hi All, I am new here so apologies if this is in the wrong place :s

I have seen several other threads around the web and on here regarding this topic however there has been no answer to my problem (that I could see). Many of the threads just stopped before a solution was reached Frown

ANYWAY;

I have found and downloaded a .trk file for a rollercoaster that someone has built and made available to download.
Following instructions, I have placed the .trk file [Extended](name).trk into the folder:
C:\Users\(----)\Documents\RCT3\Coasters

Then when you go in game and use the search function (in sandbox mode etc), I search the C drive but I get "No items meet the current search criteria" AngryAngry

I then decided to change the file to [VerticalDrop](name).trk and also place it in this folder:
F:\Stuff I know about\RCT3\Coaster Designs (so now the file existed in 2 places but with a different header between the [ ] )

This allowed me to actually select the track design form the preset menus however I then got the error message "No object in file"

I have since deleted all existence of this file so I need to start from the beginning again.

Can anyone help me?
If youre going to give me instructions please just assume I am 5 years old! BiggrinTongue I have since deleted all existence of this file so I need to start from the beginning again.
I don't understand why you would need to search your root drive to place a CRT into your game. It should show in the menu for that type of ride.

Regardless of what problem one might be having with any CS of any type, the last thing one wants to do with CS files is to rename them. CS file mavens know not to do this for any reason.

You were right in deleting all existence of that file. I would recommend you download that file again, making extra effort to look for any special installation instructions on any pages you need to browse leading up to the actual download. Also, double check the page on which that particular CTR is listed on the download site. A brief note on installation might be there along with the description of the ride and the illustration if there is one. Failing this, all CTR downloads should come with installation instruction files that must be read carefully before placing any files.

After this and after launching your game you should be able to simply access the ride by finding it in the right ride menu. For example, if the CTR is a woodie you would find it with all the other wooden coasters in your game. Following the installation instructions to be sure you place the download correctly in your game folder is the only time you should be worried about where a file can be found. There should be no need after this to use an external search utility to find CS files.

Should the above still not remedy the problem it can be assumed that the file itself is a problem and, hopefully, the creator is aware there is a problem and is working on it in which case, if you really want that ride in a park you'd need to keep an eye out on that CTR download site to see if or when the ride creator has updated his download.

I personally wouldn't place any CTR in my game file that didn't come with instructions.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.