Poll: Which ride was better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Apocalypse by Sixflagsgr8
37.50%
3 37.50%
Splinter Mines by CalderCity
50.00%
4 50.00%
Orange Racer by Coasterwarz42
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RCT3 Official RCT3 No CS Contest

How are you supposed to scare me with text?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Um... it kinda scared me.
Oookay well we're getting a little off topic.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
We need more submissions! The entries are open for only 2 more days, so get them in soon!
Eat, sleep, ride!
My band's first single, "Get Outta Mah Face!" has been released! Look us up on iTunes!
(Feb 26, 2013, 09:01 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: Oookay well we're getting a little off topic.

Good point alex.
What happens if no one else joins?
My temperate page for coaster news- comming soon! Visit my newest park project!!-California's Great America http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7122.html and BoomDunes-http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7140-post-82305.html#pid82305

we go on with the contest.
The images show some good work by Sixflagsgr8 and lots of interest from others but I feel compelled to comment that the concept of this contest is similar to the evolution from DOS to Mac, then MAC to Windows then back to MAC several years ago because MAC was seen as trendy at that time. There was even a brief spell some years back of people wanting to do what they could on Windows through DOS without using the user interface (because it was believed cool to do so) when in fact the user interface was created as an advancement over DOS.

One of my mates said he felt the same way when he was taking a graphic design course and, in this day and age of the computer, rather than design their work in Creative Suite the instructor wanted the students to cut paper and use glue in one of the modules.

While none of this has anything to do with RCT3, after coming so far with CS in RCT3 is seems a shame to take a step backwards and create a park with no custom scenery. I wonder how the creators of CS feel about this?

Regardless of my opinion though, it's good to see that some of us are gaining enjoyment out contests such as this.

Perhaps tonight, instead of preparing my dinner on the cooker I'll just light a wood fire on the kitchen floor .....
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Feb 27, 2013, 12:08 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: The images show some good work by Sixflagsgr8 and lots of interest from others but I feel compelled to comment that the concept of this contest is similar to the evolution from DOS to Mac, then MAC to Windows then back to MAC several years ago because MAC was seen as trendy at that time. There was even a brief spell some years back of people wanting to do what they could on Windows through DOS without using the user interface (because it was believed cool to do so) when in fact the user interface was created as an advancement over DOS.

One of my mates said he felt the same way when he was taking a graphic design course and, in this day and age of the computer, rather than design their work in Creative Suite the instructor wanted the students to cut paper and use glue in one of the modules.

While none of this has anything to do with RCT3, after coming so far with CS in RCT3 is seems a shame to take a step backwards and create a park with no custom scenery. I wonder how the creators of CS feel about this?

Regardless of my opinion though, it's good to see that some of us are gaining enjoyment out contests such as this.

Perhaps tonight, instead of preparing my dinner on the cooker I'll just light a wood fire on the kitchen floor .....

Don't be a grape, man. It's about seeing how creative we can be without the benefit of CS. It's much, much harder to make a cool ride without the CS than with it. And what do you mean what would the founders of CS think? Do you honestly think they would care? They wouldn't mind at all. It's not like we're deeply offending them by (god forbid) making a coaster without the use of their custom-scenery-gift-to-the-world. In fact, they don't even know who we are, and probably haven't even seen our work.

Have you never been to a 90s themed party?

Why are 80s nights so popular at bars and clubs?

Why do people still go camping when there are hotels?

Why (ahem) do people still cook over fires when there is a stove in the kitchen?

Why do people play soccer when American Football and basketball have been invented?

The only reason you posted that comment was to be a grape. Because you know as well as everyone here that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a no CS competition, and you know as well as everyone here that this is a video game and can be played however we avocado well want to play it.

The pretentious flavor of your posts since you returned to the site is starting to wear on me. It houses sour and bitter undertones that disagree with me badly.

So get over it.
[Image: caldercitycoasters_zps4ade4f3e.png]
ok, lets move on.