CS Darkener? Is There One?

Now that I’m seriously into using CS I’ve been making lots of structures. I’ve noticed that the insides of completed buildings are lit just as well as the outsides of buildings are lit. Here’s an illustration of what I mean:

[Image: staffloungezooexterior1.jpg]

[Image: staffloungezooexterior2.jpg]

This is the upper level of one of my zoo outbuildings, an area I’ve built for the staff to have a break or eat their meals. I’m not happy with the way I can see right inside the building? I don’t mind seeing through the building like in the window to the right in the bottom image but I would like the insides of the buildings to appear darker so they look more shadowy inside and more realistic.

Is there something available for this? There are CS lights available. Is there a CS darkener available?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card you can use ambient occlusion. I'll send you the link if you do.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Wish I did but I've got ATI Radeon.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Too bad, then. Are your shadows off? CS does produce shadows.
Well, I noticed the support killers on some support sets (Jcat's Steelworx for one) make a 1x1 square shadow where you place it. Not sure how it would react with your CS, but it's an idea.
Eat, sleep, ride!
My band's first single, "Get Outta Mah Face!" has been released! Look us up on iTunes!
Use Dasmatze's Utilities. They don't make shadows. Find it on www.rct-3.org.
(Mar 5, 2013, 05:07 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: Too bad, then. Are your shadows off? CS does produce shadows.

Yes shadows are off, unfortunately never to return again. My goal is to get as much as I can with all the CS I want in as large a park as I can get away with without the park clogging (see the last two paragraphs in this post: http://forums.rctgo.com/thread-7207-post...l#pid82752 ). While I would prefer the shadows I can't afford to add to the game load so I have cut them. I now start a park with geometry imposter around 750, all the LOD's whacked up, bump map on simple water, clouds, background and that's it. Everything else is set at zero, none or is disabled from the start because it eventually gets cut anyway as the park develops. I don't even use 3-D trees because with my graphics card you can't tell that the trees are actually flat with it turned off. Near the end, when a park starts to become trouble I start turning down geometry imposter and the LOD's. I've observed that the LOD's seem to take more resources than GI.

Possibly I may not need to be so drastic as I graduate down to smaller parks . The images I posted are from my final 252x252 park where I am fine tuning the scenery prior to saving it as structures to go into my new smaller park (around 200 x 200). I'd rather have all the CS I want than all the graphics options enabled. As my brother would say, “That's the trade-off.”

(Mar 5, 2013, 08:09 PM)Piedude81 Wrote: Well, I noticed the support killers on some support sets (Jcat's Steelworx for one) make a 1x1 square shadow where you place it. Not sure how it would react with your CS, but it's an idea.

I've used Jcat's Steelworx's support killers but haven't noticed any shadowing.

I considered using darker flooring inside the structures to suggest darkness but the walls are tilted and the tiles don't quite line up. Not sure what to do .....

You should get a better computer.
Use Photoshop
(Mar 6, 2013, 06:19 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: You should get a better computer.

During my recent computer upgrade, among other things I requested my run-of-the-mill Nvidia nightmare be replaced with a comparatively improved ATI delight. The difference between the two graphics cards is the difference between being with an unapproachable stranger on a cold winter's evening, and being with a special friend on a warm summer morning.

Since my upgrade I already have a better computer system. The challenge is I just like to build huge busy parks with lots of scenery.

If money were no object and I could have exactly the system I wanted I doubt I would be able to get everything I wanted into a 252 x 252 park – I believe this is a by product of the way RCT3 is designed. If a member's opinion differs from this last paragraph I would very much like to hear from you.

(Mar 7, 2013, 01:01 AM)Ness64 Wrote: Use Photoshop

I'm willing to attempt a solution with Photoshop. What solution did you have in mind? What do I need to do?

20 March

I've recently downloaded Parallax's Fading Tunnels and will give them a try.

23 March

They might have worked if they could be placed in increments. Also, depending on which way one is viewing them they change from slightly shaded to darkly shaded.