RCT3 How do i use CS?

I have been trying to use CS, but I don't know how to. Please help me.
If you are new to CS the best thing to do for now is to stay away from custom tracks and custom flat rides and focus temporarily on actual scenery. This would be the easiest way to get started.

If you have installed CS already and it's not working, uninstall that, redownload the CS and reinstall it making sure you follow any and all the instructions on either the download page(s) and/or in the extracted file. Also be sure and not rename any of the extracted files and that the directory structure is preserved during the extraction process. Proper installation is essential for CS, and usually is as simple as unzipping the downloaded file and placing it in your themed folder. If you have looked thoroughly and can't find any instructions for installation it can be assumed the file will go in the Themed folder, which is inside the Style folder inside your program files RCT3 folder.

Another reason CS sometimes doesn't work is because it's contained inside too many folders. After extracting, if you open the extracted folder you will find one or more other folders inside along with two other files called style.common.ovl and style.unique.ovl. If you don't see this arrangement then you will have to open one of the folders that are there until you find one with this arrangement. The folder that you find with this arrangement inside (one or more other folders inside along with two other files called style.common.ovl and style.unique.ovl) is the folder that you place in Themed, or wherever the CS creator says it needs to be placed. Be sure before installation to remove any ReadMe's, image files, links, html pages or anything else that does not fit the aforementioned arrangement. If it is not one or more folders + a file called style.common.ovl or a file called style.unique.ovl then remove it.

Redownloading of files is highly recommended whenever there are problems because compressed files by their very nature sometimes just do not download completely. Also the download might be complete but will have become corrupted sometime during the downloading and extracting process. More rarely the files has become corrupted during uploading by the CS creator.

Finally to find CS in your game when you're new to it can be hit and miss. The Walls tab is usually the best place to start but sometimes the scenery could be located in another tab such as trees, or general scenery. Very rarely, CS can be found with the shops, paths, fences, etc. so you'll need to look everywhere before concluding it's not showing in your game. Also it's not always filed in alphabetical order. Some sets are designed to show at the bottom of the list, others are designed to show even if you deselect all the themes at the top of the menu. Also several sets from the same creator are not always filed one after the other. Old Spice's sets for example, are sometimes found under Old Spice and sometimes under Spice. A file that downloaded with the name Ubuntu's Safari Plains Trees could be listed as just that, it could be listed as Safari Trees, or Plains Trees, USP Trees, or anything. Very rarely a set will not have a tab but will show as individual items throughout your menu listing.

And always test new CS in a blank empty park, or at the very least a small park with not much going on. A huge busy park that is running full tilt and flat out maxxing your CPU, RAM, graphics card and game engine is not the place to test CS, CTR's or CFR's, speaking of which, once you've successfully installed a few CS sets you'll be ready to install CTR's, CFR's, and track & support enhancement packs.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

1. Download the set.
2. If you don't have a ZIP extractor, open it with Windows Explorer and find the folder inside.
3. If you do have a ZIP extractor, open it with that.
4. Open the folder inside. If it has at least one folder and a common.ovl and unique.ovl file in it, then go back.
5. If it doesn't have those three things mentioned above, open it and find that folder.
6. Copy the folder and paste it into C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/RollerCoaster Tycoon 3/Style/Themed.
7. When asked for Administrator's permission, hit yes or type in the password for the admin account.
8. Once the folder is copied, check again that at least one folder and two OVL files (common and unique) are in it.
9. If your game is opened, close it and restart it.
10. If not, next time you start your game, open the scenery section. If the set has walls, go under the walls. If the set has fences, go under the fences or foliage. If the set has random objects, go in the miscellaneous section, and if the set has plants, go to the foliage section.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Thanks for help! NOTE: I am not a noob to RCT3!!!! So don't worry I have just been using regular stuff and I have made a lot of parks.
(Mar 19, 2013, 07:17 PM)Connor141232 Wrote: Thanks for help! NOTE: I am not a noob to RCT3!!!! So don't worry I have just been using regular stuff and I have made a lot of parks.

I'm sure we didn't think you were new to RCT3 - only that you are a noob to CS Smile.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Thank you! This really helps me, too! Smile
                                                           Total coasters ridden: 66
Soon to be more. Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, and Six flags St. Louis are all upcoming for me. Also possibly Kings Island!

Please don't bump threads.
[Image: yZzmSgV.png]
Hi All, Newbie here. Followed instructions. The CS is in the game when I search on it . When I click though to use the CS it freezes up my game. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall a new CS and the same thing happens. I am using Windows 8. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if i'm missing a step. Like I said, The CS I downloaded and extracted is in the scenery where it should be in the actual game. I see the pics but can't use them and the game freezes. Any ideas?

Thanks
Does the game work as regular when you click on in-game scenery? Did the game work as regular before you installed the CS?

Yes. I installed the game several weeks ago and have not had any issues using any aspect of the game.

Thanks