Upcoming Server Maintenance - April 15, 2013

Hello everyone,

On Monday, April 15, at approximately 10:45am Eastern US time, RCTgo will experience a short period of downtime in order to take advantage of an available upgrade to our server hardware. This will result in approximately 30 minutes of downtime as part of the process. The only disruption should be this brief period of downtime.

I will post updates on Twitter and Facebook the day of the maintenance to report on its status.

Thank you for your understanding and please let me know if you have any questions.

Justin
Ok, thanks for the information. Smile
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Will this just update the server hardware or change the look of the site, or both?
(Apr 11, 2013, 04:09 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: Will this just update the server hardware or change the look of the site, or both?

It's just a change in server hardware. You shouldn't notice any change at all.
If you don't mind, could you please fix a really annoying bug with the website? I only use Internet Explorer (versions 9 and 10) - and whenever I leave a comment anywhere on this site, the entire browser just freezes up. This doesn't happen with any other website I use. When it does happen with the RCTgo website, I have to close the entire browser (along with any other tabs I have open), and re-open everything. And sometimes when I leave a comment, then come back to it later on, there're two of the same comments (double post).
I suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox. It is safer than Internet Explorer because hackers can access your files from your computer more easily.
[Image: Ardy.png]
Thanks for keeping us informed, Justin.

(Apr 11, 2013, 10:22 PM)Rct3Demos Wrote: I suggest downloading Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. They are safer than Internet Explorer because hackers can access your files from your computer more easily.

I used Firefox some years ago and whenever you change systems or reinstall it's like starting over with a different application, regardless how much you record or back-up. And it is always an oddysey to change a single setting.

I tried Chrome some months ago and uninstalled it when I got nine positives with a spyware scan.

My solution is rather drastic. Internet activities only on my XP disk which if I ever have a problem can simply be wiped and reinstalled. I do everything else on my Vista disk. All my files are on my Vista disk. When I'm on one disk the other disk is physically disconnected. Back-ups and synchronization can sometimes be a nightmare but I know I'll be thankful one day.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I'm going to be asleep, so, I'm all good.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Meh, I'm just glad Justin is taking really good care with the website, thanks Justin! Smile
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
22 minutes left!
[Image: Ardy.png]