[RCT2] NieSch's coaster designs

(Apr 26, 2015, 03:03 PM)Cobra Wrote: Great one, NieSch!

A coaster in RCT2 with 10 inversions that isn't "too extreme" in intensity isn't that easy. It need average skills to build something like that. Respect! Smile

Two parts that i don't like:
(...)

Thanks Cobra! You're right about what I called "cobra roll" and "sea serpent roll". But it wasn't my intention to make these inversions, it's just that when I described them afterwards these were the descriptions that fitted the elements best. The same goes for the "Immelmann" which also isn't like the real thing. My main goal is always building a nice looking and compact design that's fun to watch and works great in the game. Realism comes after that for me. Smile
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
Well "ROAR" can be seen from two different angles.

Gamewise its a perfect, yes perfect design.
Maybe the price is high, but it can be placed in most ingame maps and it has good ratings with only a bit of objects. With other rides, pathes and objects around the 10 excitement will be no problem.

On the other hand, if it comes to realism it looks a bit off. Some parts would work, other ones not.
As Cobra pointed out, you build more gamewise and compact, so a judement about realism falls apart.

I would say a typical "NieSch" design that can be allways used very well ingame Smile.

Colors won't fit the name, if you enter this in build it with landscape and scenary i would change it a bit.
With "ROAR" in my mind i think about Katy Perry's song "Roar!". So maybe some more jungle/tiger colors could fit better. Or change only the blue on it, this would help alot. Yellow/Orange are good.

Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
Thanks Cheleste! A jungle themed edition would be nice, but I named it ROAR! because of the sound the train makes and I like the yellow/blue/orange color scheme very much. Smile (I actually built a first version with only the first 7 inversions back in 2002. It can be found in the park "Pleasure Islands" I made in 2004.)
[WIP] RCT3 version of Firefly

[picture deleted]

It's my first time playing with custom supports (mainly Steelworx) so I can do with some tips.
Use Moby's Steel Jungle, it saved my life: https://app.box.com/shared/sxgisxe9gr
Amusement Park/Roller Coaster Builder

I have some great rides made, and I post great roller coaster news!

Favorite steel coaster: Fury 325 at Carowinds
Favorite wood coaster: Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer.
Longest Line: 4 Hours for Millennium Force :P
I agree with James, and I feel like that pic is a really weird camera angle, it kinda stretches the coaster it seems
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

Never use the "Schwarzkopf" Looping Frames for other coaster types. That looks totally weird.

Also the use of Jcats Steelwork is out of time.
Moby's Steel Jungle and CPcisco's Addon pack additional, give much more variety and options for custom supporting.
And for B&M Coasters (Extended Coaster Track) it's also useful to use CoasterJoes B&M Connectors.

The camera angle is, i would guess, the isometric one in RCT3. Don't use it, as you can see it ends up in a totally strange result.
Use the advanced or freelook one. Maybe it needs some time to learn how it goes if you play more RCT1&2, but if it comes to screenshots these both camera types are much better.

So long, Cobra
Keep it everytime fair and with enough respect for each other!
Thanks all! I'll take a look at the custom scenery/support packs you mention.
I use j'cats steelwork, but just for the tunnel braces and such, not supports
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

(May 10, 2015, 12:57 PM)naveisawesome Wrote: I use j'cats steelwork, but just for the tunnel braces and such, not supports

Yeah, those tunnels are a nice addition to this particular layout I think.