THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER - B&M Wing Coaster - SUMMER 2013

I am happy to present my next project, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER:

[Image: 2sbpbwk.jpg]

SIX FLAGS — Join forces with the Dark Knight this summer as he flies above and below the city of Gotham in an attempt to foil Bane's plot to destroy the city. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER, a thrilling wing coaster, is coming to a Six Flags theme park near you.

Guests will traverse through Gotham, across bridges, and into the city's sewers as they approach THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER loading dock. They will then board "The Bat" which seats 28 riders, with no track above or below them.

The "Bat" train will depart the station before climbing nearly 100 feet into the air. After passing through Wayne Enterprises Headquarters, guests will plunge over 90 feet, spiraling into the coaster's first zero-g inversion.

[Image: 2zs4fok.jpg]

The above rendering simulates riders riding on the wings of the "Bat."

Riders will then maneuver a second inversion, a giant flat spin, before immediately entering a dive element. An overbanked turn directly leads into a world's first element for a wing coaster: the elongated batwing inversion, which inverts riders twice.

A tilted helix leads riders into an indoor sequence where they come face-to-face with Bane and his mercenaries in the sewers of Gotham. Light and water effects heighten the cinematic experience as Batman decides to take on his archenemy.

The train emerges from the sewer as riders climb to a max height of 117 feet. Guests encounter a stunning view of the surrounding scenery, but the tranquility is brief, as the train inverts into a dive drop element, plunging riders 11 stories into another giant flat spin.

[Image: 9a4le1.jpg]

Riders speed through another zero-g roll before completing two overbanked turns, the last of which leads back into the loading station.

At 4,466 feet, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER will be the longest wing coaster in the world. With eight inversions, it will turn riders upside down more times than any other wing coaster. The coaster is a product of the acclaimed Bolliger & Mabillard, responsible for thrilling coaster at many Six Flags properties.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER will open in summer of 2013.

STATS

Height: 117 feet
Speed: 58 mph
Length: 4,466 feet
Inversions: 8
Duration: 2 minutes
Trains: 3, 28-seat wingriders
Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard

LAYOUT

[Image: 2yung3l.jpg]

At 4,466 feet, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER will be the longest wing coaster in the world.

More updates coming soon!
Whoa yeah go CD5!
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Dang, this is sweet.
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
Where are my comments?
^In the spam box.

Is this ride going to be indoors or in a "city"?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I was just showing how excited I was for his new thing. I thought he might like it.
looks super cool! really want to see how this turns out Smile the ctr looks cool too, never seen one like that with the vehicle thing in the middle
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
(May 21, 2013, 06:33 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: Whoa yeah go CD5!
Thanks!

(May 21, 2013, 08:54 PM)sixflagsgr8 Wrote: Dang, this is sweet.
Thank you!

(May 21, 2013, 10:10 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: ^In the spam box.

Is this ride going to be indoors or in a "city"?
There will be one indoor section not including the station, but most of the coaster will be set in the "city," so expect several building fly-throughs.

(May 21, 2013, 10:36 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: I was just showing how excited I was for his new thing. I thought he might like it.
I'm glad you're excited!

(May 22, 2013, 01:08 AM)DorneyPark5 Wrote: looks super cool! really want to see how this turns out Smile the ctr looks cool too, never seen one like that with the vehicle thing in the middle
Thanks!

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER - UPDATE

B&M Wing Coaster Rising Summer 2013

As was fairly evident in yesterday's screenshots, I still have a lot of work left to do until THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER departs with riders. In the coming weeks, I'll bring you frequent updates leading up to the coaster's completion.

[Image: 3007bev.jpg]

I've been working on the coaster for nearly a month, and I'm happy to report that the support work is nearly complete.

[Image: 5aggp5.jpg]

After the trackwork is finished, I will start on the thematic elements. For a Six Flags coaster, the coaster will be heavily themed.

[Image: 34j4r50.jpg]

Finally, here is another overview of the coaster. This shot will look drastically different once the coaster is complete with the indoor sections and "keyhole" elements.

Stay tuned. More updates are coming soon.
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - UPDATE

B&M Wing Coaster Rising Summer 2013

[Image: b8kzya.jpg]

Today I began working on the foundation for the coaster's indoor sequence where riders will come face-to-face with Bane in the underground sewers of Gotham. The coaster room will incorporate thematic scenery pieces with video technology to bring the infamous villain to life.

Also visible in the above shot are the sections of track where trains will receive maintenance. This coaster is unique in that the transfer track is actually in the middle of the coaster rather than the end.

[Image: rco75g.jpg]

Above is another angle of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES COASTER.

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter for more behind-the-scenes previews of this wing coaster.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cd5productions
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cd5productions
wow looks really cool! can't wait to see the indoor sequence!
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity