Who, in your opinion, makes the best rollercoasters?

You do not need to ride coasters from each manufacturer to voice out your opinions.

Me first. I think it is Bolliger & Mabillard. Whether given a small space to build on or a large patch of land, they know how to make a coaster. From the wing-over inversions that make Gatekeeper good, to the not-so-aggressive but quality airtime reported to be on Leviathan, to the legchoppers and dives in their inverted coasters, they know how to design coasters really well, and they also know how to do advanced elements like dive loops that took longer for other manufacturers to do. Plus look at those beautiful trains! As a whole, only Maurer Sohne comes close, and it isn't close enough.

I'd say Intamin, Maurer Sohne or Gerstlauer are my next favorites. Intamin makes fantastic launch coasters and also provide a smooth experience, if more aggressive than B&M. Maurer Sohne has the excellent X-Train, and they made some very cool layouts, though I hope that their issues get fixed. As for Gerstlaurer, those Euro-Fighter coasters seem to be the 2nd most flexible track ever (the first being Bolliger & Mabillard, which unlike Gerstlauer haven't made beyond vertical drops). Too bad the cars are low-capacity.

For the honorable mentions, I would say Vekoma is the most improved. In the past 3 years they finally figured out a way how to reduce their headbanging, and their new train system can also be applied to old models! As for S&S, their invention of the air launched coaster, plus the fact that their Arrow subsidiary invented the 4D Coaster, I'd say they are truly innovative, if a bit rough.

As for the rest of you, who do you think are the best coaster manufacturers?
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
Itamin and Bolliger and Mabillard are my favorites. I haven't ridden on any but from the pov vids and research the a coaster fanatic like me does I have found out a lot about them. (My family is not into theme parks like me hence I never go to any)
I'm excited to go to Hong Kong. It's my first international trip, and though my family also isn't into theme parks, my dad is, and he is bringing me to Ocean park, which includes a B&M floorless coaster on the side of a mountain, an Arrow Looper that pulls 5 G forces, and a Zamperla Mine Train that has speeds faster than the Space Mountain! Can't wait... :-)
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Gee, that sounds like great fun. I'll be at Cedar Point in two days, which should be great. As much as I love B&M coasters (which are favorite coasters) I more pumped for the great Intamin coasters there. Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and Maverick just to name a few. However, Gatekeeper is up there with those coasters.

Bolliger and Mabillard are still my favorite, followed by Intamin. When it comes to wooden coasters Great Coasters International just barely edge out Gravity Group.
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
Rocky mountain construction for woodies and hybrids. Then It's either B&M or Vekoma for steel!
(Jun 4, 2013, 11:50 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: I'm excited to go to Hong Kong. It's my first international trip, and though my family also isn't into theme parks, my dad is, and he is bringing me to Ocean park, which includes a B&M floorless coaster on the side of a mountain, an Arrow Looper that pulls 5 G forces, and a Zamperla Mine Train that has speeds faster than the Space Mountain! Can't wait... :-)

Wow that sounds awesome!!Biggrin Wow a mine train that goes that fast!! That sounds fun!! Smile Hong Kong I believe also has a Disneyland Resort. I don't think I'm going to any parks this yearFrown My family is taking a trip to Wisconsin but it is in late September so by that time most parks up there are closed. I was hoping I could convince my parents to spend a day at mt. Olympus in Wisconsin Dells.
Oh. Really sorry about that. :-(