Legally though....

Where do you stand on using Atari's images. I mean what are their rights and what are yours. I mean if I take a Coca Cola image and add it to my website and make a Coke fansite is it legal?

Are you legally okay in using RCT3 images is what I'm basically asking

Smile
[Image: newsig.gif]
We're not claiming ownership for them, and I believe they're fine with us using them. If they don't want us to host them, or any videos, I'll remove them as soon as they tell us to.
Yes but legally though who owns the following images;
  • The RCT3 Logo; It's used alot by you and others but who gets to claim it's theirs
  • The RCT3 Screenshost released by Atari when promoting Soaked/ Wild?
  • The screenshots I take?

Cheers if you can clear that up for me!
DraytonMonkey Wrote:Yes but legally though who owns the following images;
  • The RCT3 Logo; It's used alot by you and others but who gets to claim it's theirs
  • The RCT3 Screenshost released by Atari when promoting Soaked/ Wild?
  • The screenshots I take?

Cheers if you can clear that up for me!
  • The RCT3 logo is Atari's trademark/copyright, I believe - I don't claim it as ours, I only use it so visitors can visually recognize RCT3 better - which would you rather see, the logo used in the game or some logo I come up with for it (or just plain text).
  • The screenshots Atari/Frontier takes are theirs - we are simply uploading them into a gallery for users to see. We aren't claiming them as ours (unlike some others, we don't put our logo on them or anything), we are simply adding them to a gallery for viewing.
  • The screenshots you take are yours... if you upload one to our download center for your download, it's still yours, as is your download. We do not claim ownership for anything you upload - in fact, I (believe) the terms of service when uploading state that.
I'll also note that there are some screenshots in the Soaked! and Wild! section that I took, meaning they are indeed mine - look towards the end.

Again, if the true owner of something ever asks me to take it offline, I'll do so as soon as I can.
Thanks, I just want to make sutre that I don't sound very rude when I said all of that...so excuse me if I did. I just wondered the other day as a Prince website was shut down as they were uploading Prince songs and I wondered where we stood uploading RCT3 files seeing as they weren't directly ours if you see what I'm saying.

Have you put on the thank you page of 3.0 for the fonts you use? It would be nice; even if you just say what font it is...

..or is that a touch pedantic?

:xpirate:
DraytonMonkey Wrote:Have you put on the thank you page of 3.0 for the fonts you use? It would be nice; even if you just say what font it is...

..or is that a touch pedantic?

No, they're just fonts, and I don't remember how I got them Tongue
Have you said thank you to me yet?

DraytonMonkey Wrote:Have you said thank you to me yet?

Thanks for bringing these issues up; it's good to clarify things every now and then Wink