Vote for your favorite track! Round 263

(May 7, 2017, 11:36 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Rainbow:
First off, I am rather surprised this is even allowed to be in this round. For one, there's little to no scenery, what is there is atrocious. The layout....I can't even begin to acclimate how bad it actually is. It's a death coaster. If you didn't die from going 70+ miles per hour through a loop, those un-banked sharp turns would literally kill you. Even worse off is the layout is so uninspired as if the creator didn't even think to try.

0.8/10.
(May 8, 2017, 04:09 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: For one, Buried Treasure is the best entry this round no doubt, but rating it 4.5 because of a layout? That's honestly really crazy and really inconsiderate.
why are you giving it a .8 rating for the layout then? thats honestly really crazy and really inconsiderate

(May 8, 2017, 03:19 PM)Slurp Wrote: $> Buried Treasure
4.5/10
The scenery looks nice, but holy sh!t dude take a look at a real GCI layout! this layout is so unrealistic!

-Slurp
i agree with slurp here. like some people (myself included) one of my biggest factors in voting is based on the layout. buried treasure is a nice coaster, dont get me wrong, it just doesnt have a gci feel.

(May 8, 2017, 04:09 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I do not intend to put a damper on anyone's entry or round or thoughts, but what you've suggested Slurp is really illegitimate to me.
so his criticism is invalid because you dont like it? what?

maybe im going crazy here - but everyone needs to chill out, its just a "friendly" competition dont get triggered if someone gives criticism on how to improve your ride.
^Drew I guess we rustled some jimmies huh!
I'm useless, but not for long, the future, is coming on
You're both neglecting to see my point.

(May 8, 2017, 05:39 PM)Drew_ Wrote:
(May 7, 2017, 11:36 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Rainbow:
First off, I am rather surprised this is even allowed to be in this round. For one, there's little to no scenery, what is there is atrocious. The layout....I can't even begin to acclimate how bad it actually is. It's a death coaster. If you didn't die from going 70+ miles per hour through a loop, those un-banked sharp turns would literally kill you. Even worse off is the layout is so uninspired as if the creator didn't even think to try.

0.8/10.
(May 8, 2017, 04:09 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: For one, Buried Treasure is the best entry this round no doubt, but rating it 4.5 because of a layout? That's honestly really crazy and really inconsiderate.
why are you giving it a .8 rating for the layout then? thats honestly really crazy and really inconsiderate

(May 8, 2017, 03:19 PM)Slurp Wrote: $> Buried Treasure
4.5/10
The scenery looks nice, but holy sh!t dude take a look at a real GCI layout! this layout is so unrealistic!

-Slurp
i agree with slurp here. like some people (myself included) one of my biggest factors in voting is based on the layout. buried treasure is a nice coaster, dont get me wrong, it just doesnt have a gci feel.

(May 8, 2017, 04:09 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I do not intend to put a damper on anyone's entry or round or thoughts, but what you've suggested Slurp is really illegitimate to me.
so his criticism is invalid because you dont like it? what?

maybe im going crazy here - but everyone needs to chill out, its just a "friendly" competition dont get triggered if someone gives criticism on how to improve your ride.

Sure, the layout isn't up to par with GCI, but is that a reason to give something such a terrible score? Layout aside, it should be at least like 6.5.
The 0.8 I gave to Rainbow was not even relevant to this topic. I gave him a 0.08 because it at least had some trees.

I agree with Slurp on the layout. Not everything else. He seems to interpret the actual scale of being 'good' wrong. He's very much entitled to his own opinion as am I, so this is why this has come up. Because for once, Montanhoso is not a 6.75 no way no how, Buried Treasure is the best entry this round, and Thunderbolt is not even close to a win.

Like I've said before, all these entries are good, aside Rainbow. Simply to state it, I don't agree with what Slurp said, and that is all. I've already given my reasons, and I don't need to again.

Now, let's get back to this round.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Whatever...
I agree with drew that blazes rating for rainbow is a bit harsh, I mean, this is supposed to be constructive criticism.

That rating aside, I think slurp's cc was totally irrelivant. Why vote for a rct2 entry that could have been put together in as little as half an hour by an experienced builder, when in the same round is a rct2 entry that has one or two flaws, but took a while. Also a Nolimits 2 entry with (not too major) layout issues, and a good deal of time effort. Also, Buried treasure is not a death coaster, unlike the other layout criticized entry.

About what slurp said about realism, and the fact that none of these entries would ever be in a real park, well, build it is a competition, and in general competitions look for something extraordinary, not normal. I mean, its not like Kingda Ka will ever win build it, or any recreation for that matter.

For the most part, I agree with blaze on these issues.
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Subscribe? Maybe? No? OK.
Montanhoso - This is one of the strongest RCT2 entries we've seen in a while, and that can be attributed primarily to the interaction between the track and the heavily-foliated terrain. The environment is complete with appropriate terrain variation and foliage density, and it looks as if it would be a very exciting and unpredictable ride through a Brazilian rainforest. The buildings are a bit repetitive in comparison, consisting primarily of plain, brown wood accented occasionally with olive green wood. The most striking feature of the architecture is the use of flowers on the roof, which is an unusual technique since guests wouldn't actually see them there. It's merged well and includes a custom support job, which looks realistic for the most part except for the donut footers. Using gumdrops on top would increase their credibility as footers; alternatively, removing the pipes and adding shrubs around where the footers would be is a sneaky little trick to keep from having to build footers at all, though NE members would likely prefer the gumdrop method. Other than the relatively simplistic buildings and the minor footer fractures, this has strong winning potential.

Rainbow - It's intriguing that one would take the time to form mountains, plant trees, dig and fill a pond, place unusual custom scenery, and still build a death coaster. While it may be completely unrideable and unrealistic, some effort was at least put into the surrounding area. As Hank Hill once said, "Whatever you should do, you should do it right, even if it's something wrong."

Thunderbolt - Going by layout alone, this does have potential. Although it's longer than almost every wooden roller coaster that exists, the 12 seconds of air time would likely be worth the length. Going by environment, it's definitely lacking in obvious areas, most noticeably the endless plains of grass around the ride. With a traditional layout like this one, you could build a whole park around this coaster, and it would be the difference between a winning design and an overlooked entry. People look at an entry surrounded by grass and move on without looking more closely at it, so they likely missed the fact that three different types of shrubs made it on top of the station but none managed to find their way to the sandy palm area, or the fact that there's foliage somehow growing all over the station without coming into contact with the ground. I almost missed the fact that train 2 gets stuck at the lift hill for what's likely almost half the ride due to the lack of a block section between the lift hill and the first end brake run. Even if the fact that it's surrounded by grass is overlooked, this could still be greatly improved, but it definitely has some potential.

Buried Treasure - The only disadvantage that this ride presents is that it's labeled as a GCI, since it doesn't strongly resemble one, but as a nondenominational family wooden coaster, there's nothing wrong with the layout. The scenery is better than any NL2 entry thus far, and the environment looks realistic. There are a few minor things that could be improved, such as adding fences around the station to make the building look more realistic, or moving one rock out of the way so that it doesn't awkwardly intrude upon the wooden building following the first drop, but other than those minor details, it's a very strong entry with plenty of winning potential.
[Image: Vk1WYNV.png]
I agree with just about everything he said and Terry have stated.

You already know what I've stated, twice, I simply think that you were way too harsh on both Montanhoso and BT, but not harsh enough on Thunderbolt, or in other words, you seem to praise Thunderbolt way more than what it's worth. i can't stress enough, Thunderbolt is a good entry, do not get me wrong, but it is not even close to par with BT or Montanhoso. Clearly, you don't agree with me on that, Slurp, but w/e.

I don't like to bicker, but I can't agree with what Slurp said. Oh well, I guess. Stuff like this will happen, no need to get riled up.

I rated Rainbow so poorly because a couple years ago, he actually had decent winning entries. What happened?

Anyways, enjoy the round.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Amen Brother ^^^

Also, we must remember that quote by naveisawesome when it comes to thunderbolt.

Naveisawesome wrote: just trees, support structures and a simple station are not going to get a coaster a win, it needs more extra scenery

Thunderbolt does not have the extra scenery needed to win build it over two great entries. It only has the trees(and not too many) the supports, and the simple station. It is a decent entry, and a pretty good build, but not a winner in a round like this one.
Check out my Youtube Channel!
Subscribe? Maybe? No? OK.
Okay then heres my mother fuqing rant!
Montanhoeso
This is a terrible layout with awfully generic theming and really doesn't deserve all the praise it's getting from its fuqing CREATOR coughblazecoughcough
Runbuw
Oh this v1210 ic
Got to give him credit actually like dis nice troll 10/10
Rustled a lot of jimmies with dis entry
Thunderbutt
Well idk that anyone gets my point. This is a theme park coaster more than anything. Holy cow take a look at it and tell me that downt blong in a real park
I get theres no extra scenery but imo the ride makes the coaster. The scenery is a nice addition but not completely necessary for a track. I judge mostly based off of layouts.
And finally
Buried Trash
Well well well jozibrazy always critiques us but dosnt do the sh!t himself
The layout is unrealistic for a gci, the scenery is lazily slapped together brcuz yo wanted a 'pirate' theme 
Yo look at thes crap it is just so lazy
You basecly didnt want to do a hoel lot of werk so yu just made a lake put a terrible layout in front of it then lazily slapped sh!tty pirate theming in front of it.
If this sh!t wins words cannot describe my anger.
Overall I say get over it y'all too nitpicky and b!tchy its a fuqing game 
I no im contradictory i be trollin
Slurp
@Slurp you do realize that none of us are going to be able to ever take you seriously again after that
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]