Poll: What is your favorite coaster car, and why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
B&M Floorless Coaster
20.00%
2 20.00%
B&M Standup Coaster
0%
0 0%
B&M Hyper Coaster w/ Lap Bar
10.00%
1 10.00%
Maurer Sohne X-Car
10.00%
1 10.00%
Maurer Sohne X-Car Floorless
10.00%
1 10.00%
Maurer Sohne X-Train 4-seater
10.00%
1 10.00%
B&M/Intamin Wing Rider Coaster
10.00%
1 10.00%
Intamin Mega Coaster w/ Lap Bar
10.00%
1 10.00%
Arrow/S&S Multidimensional Coaster
20.00%
2 20.00%
Robotic Coaster Seats
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best Coaster Car Design?

For me, it would have to be the Maurer Sohne X-Train. Choose the two seats at the middle for an on-track experience, or choose the "Wing Rider" seats at either side of the train and get the floorless experience of B&M/Intamin Wing Rider Coasters!

The lack of an over-the-shoulder restraint helps, too, which means more airtime, and even the middle seats with a floor provide ample leg room and enough open-air feeling, too.

My second favorite would be the Robotic Coaster Seats, which have over-the-shoulder restraints but a very unique experience and floorless cars.

What is your favorite coaster car design, and why?
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
wing rider, for sure. So innovative, so free, so cool. Wing rider coasters aren't always my favorite, but the experience is always unique - and it's definitely because of the car design.
[Image: caldercitycoasters_zps4ade4f3e.png]
My favorite would be the B&M hyper coaster lap bars. They are so nice and comfy. Even though they don't have seat belts I still feel safer on one of those then a PTC wooden train and a GCI train, and even though they safe they can also give me good room in my seat for more air time. I would be fine if all coasters inverting, non inverting, wooden or anything else had those lap bars!
Most recent upload: Shockwave
Featured upload: Depths of Atlantis
What about those sexy B&M inverts?
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(May 17, 2013, 11:04 AM)CalderCity Wrote: wing rider, for sure. So innovative, so free, so cool. Wing rider coasters aren't always my favorite, but the experience is always unique - and it's definitely because of the car design.

Definitely.

(May 17, 2013, 11:06 AM)sixflagsgr8 Wrote: My favorite would be the B&M hyper coaster lap bars. They are so nice and comfy. Even though they don't have seat belts I still feel safer on one of those then a PTC wooden train and a GCI train, and even though they safe they can also give me good room in my seat for more air time. I would be fine if all coasters inverting, non inverting, wooden or anything else had those lap bars!

Well, it is common sense. I'd choose a nicely built lap bar steel car over a rattling train with over the shoulder restraints any day.

(May 17, 2013, 08:01 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: What about those sexy B&M inverts?

Oh yeah, those look beautiful! Plus your feet dangle in the air. I have seen only one invert in my life, though, and I refused to ride it because of the extremely close legchoppers. And it's not a B&M, it's a Pinfari. Not that I have anything against Pinfari, but B&M has a better reliability and smoothness track record.
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Love S&S Multidimensional Coaster technology it a mini organism just looking at it Raw!!!! But my first ever coaster Was a GCI wooden coaster call ghostrider but since is not there so... S&S all the way B&M over rated lol.. And I Howly Doubt people ever touch a Maurer Sohne X-Floorlest in the form but It might be Possible but that my number 2 love there on bored Audio lol but last thing..
X2 all day Six Flags Magic Mountain 2second best park in the world lol..
[Image: logo_214894_web_zps05a2499c.jpg]
http://gosixflagsholland.weebly.com/
I just love how every single ride at Carowinds that my friends think is painful (with the exception of woodies) is a Vekoma. The logo is just right there on the side ride operators control panel and I can't help but laugh. Then my friends wonder what's wrong with me, but I don't even try to explain because for some reason I feel like it would make the situation worse.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(May 20, 2013, 04:15 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: I just love how every single ride at Carowinds that my friends think is painful (with the exception of woodies) is a Vekoma. The logo is just right there on the side ride operators control panel and I can't help but laugh. Then my friends wonder what's wrong with me, but I don't even try to explain because for some reason I feel like it would make the situation worse.

Some people think that Vekomas are painful. I certainly did, at least for some time. My first rollercoaster ride was when I was in 2nd grade (oh memories) and it was a Vekoma Boomerang. I got home without riding anything else and my chest hurt a lot. Maybe I should have rode the kiddie coaster considering my midget-like size at the time. XD

The last one I rode was a Pinfari indoor roller coaster. The first round was lame enough but it continued for about 8 laps and it got faster and faster every time! Don't forget the headchopper in the form of an icicle. Now I know why the park placed it in the "Thrill Rides" section.

(May 20, 2013, 09:38 AM)nineflagsinc Wrote: And I Howly Doubt people ever touch a Maurer Sohne X-Floorlest in the form but It might be Possible but that my number 2 love there on bored Audio lol but last thing..

I actually think the X-Car is great. The S&S Multidimensional Car is tied with the awkwardly similar Wing Coaster as my 3rd favorite car design (just below the Robotic Coaster and the Maurer-Sohne X Train). It might even be better than the X-Train if the effects are nicely managed - and X2 is much better, layout-wise and thrill-wise, than any rides featuring the X-Car, which is a shame considering that the lack of OTSR is a great advantage of the X-Car.
The Maurer Sohne X-Car are cool, no doubt about it.
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
have we forgotten about the b&m trains on steel dragon 2000?
------
my personal favorite has gotta be the lap bars on gigas, so much fun....