Will there be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4?

(Jun 4, 2013, 12:32 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: …..
I mean, a new engine that doesn't have to be resource-intensive to make RCT3-level or better graphics in a huge park, using new techniques, like multi-threading, that didn't exist in 2004.

As for the new features, I'd take a custom flat ride editor where you base it on an existing ride and then modify roof size, add restraints, etc. as well as the ability to import models into the game. Another one would be a track drawing mechanism similar to Coaster Crazy as Construction Method 2, the other method being the good ol' piece-by-piece construction method.

Plus, even if the graphics are the same, I'd like more realistic skies please. Other than that it's okay.
…..

Point taken about your graphics suggestion. Again your post says exactly what I would like, except with the realistic skies perhaps they could be enabled or disabled in game options, just like now bump mapped water or reflective water can be enabled/disabled.

Hmmm ….. maybe the better graphics can be enabled/disabled as well?

(Jun 3, 2013, 10:57 AM)invadazimrocks777 Wrote: You guys may be saying how cool it would be to have all these things in the next roller coaster tycoon, But I have serious doubts about the people who buy the Rct series having enough money to hire the best people and to make these ideas come true.

How can you make that comment? Do you know specifically who’s about to bid on the rights to buy RCT3 and do you know for sure their bid will be the winning bid - is your comment an informed comment?

And Pantera is a very rich company to whom money is no object, is it?

(Jun 3, 2013, 11:05 AM)invadazimrocks777 Wrote:
(Jun 3, 2013, 11:01 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: .....
A-a-and ..... what's your take on Theme Park Studio?
It's a great game, but that's not what I meant …..

What is it that I meant?

(Jun 3, 2013, 11:05 AM)invadazimrocks777 Wrote: …..
I meant don't get your hopes up about the new rct being the greatest thing ever.

Why wouldn’t we get our hopes up? Wouldn’t things be simpler if you let us continue running around with our high hopes while you quietly maintained your own lack of anticipation?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I really really really really hope that they make rct4. or at least fix the bugs in 3 that make it hard to use with windows 7. that's the main reason i didn't buy it (im pretty new to the rtc series, but i have 2).

in terms of actual stuff to add, i think that the pre-built coasters from rct2 was great. it saved so much time. that's about all i can really think of, as i don't actually play 3, but have only watched youtube.

so to re-cap, they should DEFINITELY make 4. i would buy it instantly.
(Aug 19, 2010, 09:56 PM)Justin Wrote: Do you think another installment will be coming soon?

No.
[Image: Ardy.png]
they need to make the coaster building like no limits. its would be super fun and harder to "copy" tracks and you could make better recreations.
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
(Jun 13, 2013, 12:52 PM)the-big-cheese Wrote: they need to make the coaster building like no limits. its would be super fun and harder to "copy" tracks and you could make better recreations.
If it was more like nolimits it would lose it's charm.
RCT is known for being a game where it's easy to make good coasters. Yes the coasters would be more entertaining and thrilling, but for new players or people who have not played nolimits it would be confusing.
^No, it's easy to make coasters, it's hard to make good coasters.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Jun 19, 2013, 09:02 PM)playgames0315 Wrote: If it was more like nolimits it would lose it's charm.
RCT is known for being a game where it's easy to make good coasters. Yes the coasters would be more entertaining and thrilling, but for new players or people who have not played nolimits it would be confusing.
I see. what I was trying to get at is sometimes I feel restricted with rct3, and its hard to make the coasters "smooth".

(Jun 19, 2013, 10:10 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: ^No, it's easy to make coasters, it's hard to make good coasters.

that's a good signature quote Wink
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
I would love to see what Chris Sawyer could do now if made RCT4! I think that would be sweeet!!
[Image: Ardy.png]
After the DS one being a disappointment, I don't know if there will be one.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
no it wont happen

kthxbai.