READ FIRST: Build It! Competition

I guess that means I do stand a chance
This question may have already been asked I tried to search to see if anyone had already asked but couldn't find it. My question is, when you upload an entry for build it, is it supposed to be just the track or the entire park? If I only upload the track how will the judges see the CS and everything else? I was under the impression uploading just the track would only show the coaster layout.
You can upload the track file, or you can upload the entire park. It doesn't matter during the voting phase which file you upload because nobody will be able to download it until the round ends, so it will have no effect whatsoever on the voting. People will only be able to see what's in the screenshots you take (and in the POV should you choose to upload one, but that's optional), so make sure that the screenshots (as well as the POV) depict the coaster and its environment well enough for voters to see what they're voting for.

The file type only matters after the round ends and the file becomes downloadable, depending primarily on what you want other players to see when they download it. Uploading the park file will give players firsthand access to the entire park. Uploading the track file will only allow them firsthand access to the track, but they will still be able to see the environment in the screenshots you've provided.

Either way is acceptable, and rounds have been won both ways.

The short answer is: File type does not matter in Build It
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
(Aug 8, 2017, 05:27 AM)Terry Inferno Wrote: You can upload the track file, or you can upload the entire park. It doesn't matter during the voting phase which file you upload because nobody will be able to download it until the round ends, so it will have no effect whatsoever on the voting. People will only be able to see what's in the screenshots you take (and in the POV should you choose to upload one, but that's optional), so make sure that the screenshots (as well as the POV) depict the coaster and its environment well enough for voters to see what they're voting for.

The file type only matters after the round ends and the file becomes downloadable, depending primarily on what you want other players to see when they download it. Uploading the park file will give players firsthand access to the entire park. Uploading the track file will only allow them firsthand access to the track, but they will still be able to see the environment in the screenshots you've provided.

Either way is acceptable, and rounds have been won both ways.

The short answer is: File type does not matter in Build It

Ok thank you very much for the info I really appreciate it! 
Just a note: The first post in this thread has been updated to match the current procedures and rules. It was extremely out of date...
(Sep 2, 2017, 06:57 PM)Justin Wrote: Just a note: The first post in this thread has been updated to match the current procedures and rules. It was extremely out of date...

Thank you sir Smile
That was a need be update. Thank you, Justin!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
I have Mining Mission Ready but I seem to be having a hard time getting it entered. I know the round is still open but entry seems to be rather sluggish after step 2
You need to elaborate on us more on why your entry is sluggish after step 2. So, why is it sluggish after step 2? Is there problems with your file that you're uploading? Or do you not know what to do past step 2?
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
There's nothing wrong with the file but while I'm uploading the site just stalls after step 2 and I can't go any further.