Fox Studios World, my second RCT2 park

youre amazing!

Take it from a guy who is really rubbish at RCT2... :P

No really... wow!! Smile
Cut the pizza into 4 slices cuz im not hungry enough to eat 6
@ Drome G60: Thanks, but don't sell yourself short at the game!

I managed to make a bit of last minute progress before I go to Europe for some holidays. I am starting to feel optimistic about this park, and in my own humble opinion, believe my abilities have even improved from my original attempt at making FSW - but I guess that's not for me to conger.

Regardless, I am quite happy I have pretty much finished an entire section of the park, I just need to tweak a few things here-and-there. International Street is home to restaurants, souvenirs, a monorail station, and even a few rides (such as the Fox Lookout seen in previous screenshots, and 2 new rides...

[Image: 0826091.jpg]
FOX ACTION 3DEATRE AND BACKLOT TOURS
This screenshot shows the monorail station (the track is not built yet), but this station is also home to 4 souvenir shops, as well as a pathway that goes right through the structure. The shops sell sunglasses, plush toys, teddy bears, and hats. Beside the station is the Action 3Deatre. Featuring a rather posh exterior, it is home to great cinesphere style 3D shows. One annoying thing I am trying to fix is getting rid of that annoying white "ghost" of a diagonal railing that seems to be immovable.

[Image: 0826092.jpg]
GLOBAL STUNT RIDER
In keeping with the flavour of International Street, which includes generic ride titles (Fox Lookout, Backlot Tours, Action 3Deatre), I gave in to temptation, and put in the first coaster of the park: Global Stunt Rider. It's your basic Vekoma Inverted Boomerang (which exists in only 5 amusement parks in the world). One neat idea I put in was moving gears at the top of the vertical towers. I wanted to use the 8 Cars trainer to incorporate the inverted coaster track to make it look more authentic, but that is beyond my abilities. The theming is designed to suggest visual warnings and safety, like yellow and black warning signs put up when a stunt is about to be performed, etc.

As always, these and all my other screenshots, as well other information about all my parks (all 2 of them) can be found at ThirstyDeer Online! - my own lil' RCT2 website.

Before I sign off for the few weeks I am gone, I have two questions I need help with:
  1. Are there any good tutorials out there on how to use the merge track feature on 8 Cars?
  2. Does anyone know how to get rid of that white ghost railing shown in the first screenshot by the entrance to the Action 3Deatre?
  3. Can perhaps anyone think of a better name then Global Stunt Rider?

HAVE A GREAT FEW WEEKS!
[Image: forumbanner.gif]
Not so much an update as it is a question...

Even though I'm on holidays right now, I still get a bit of time to put towards working on my park.

I'm trying to make this park a more realistic one, so that means trying to improve the supports that go with the coasters I design. As I've placed my inverted boomerang coaster in the park, I find myself having a difficult time replacing the game's default track supports with some more realistic custom ones. As you can see in the below screenshot, I've started putting the custom supports (look at the vertical loop) in, but when I try to add the custom supports between the vertical loop and the cobra roll, I can't seem to get rid of the default supports. If the coaster track wasn't inverted, it'd probably be a lot easier, but since I need to have the supports go above the track, that seems to be what makes it tough.

That being said, I did make some changes to the ride, namely changing the queue line (replaced the tented area), adding a station building, and tweaking a few custom objects on the ride.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me, please?

[Image: 090309.jpg]
[Image: forumbanner.gif]
Looks good so far.
Awsome. I wonder how long it took to build that hotel! lol
ALL I COULD SAY IS WOW........
CURRENT PROJECT:Liberty Park(Winter 2010)
FEATURED:V The 5th Genaration Of Coasters
ON YOUTUBE:DANNYDANNYTV
Wow. Easily the best rct2 project of 2009!
Coasters: Quake-Repercussion (Available for download! Click HERE for download)
Coasters being made: Impulse, Flying Scorch
[Image: BANNER.jpg]
Wow, it looks great! I can't wait to see the finished park! Good luck! Smile
[Image: jackthedogsig.jpg]
Upcoming Projects: Space Oddity, Luke's Big Park, Thrill Valley Theme Park
Wow! I like it.
Click here to go to my Youtube Channel.
[[Image: tcsworldbanner.png]
Please people join RCTgo it's awesome!
Please join TC's world!
OMG THAT PARK IS LOOKING GOOD!
[Image: image11kkz.jpg]