RollerCoaster Tycoon World in-game screenshots

I agree with alex, but i get what they're doing. Like im pretty sure they're trying to keep that rct2 and 1 nostalgia in the next game to the franchise, rct3 was kinda the same. I just hope the coasters look a bit nicer in this and we find a way to make CS in this. Just look at rct3, if we found a way to make CS on that I think we can find a way to do the same on RCT4 or RCTW (I don't know what to abbreviate it like lol). If we could combine awesome CS on to some better looking RCT coasters on this game, we may just have hit something that could change the whole RCT community.
[Image: 8lbd5Z7.png]
DorneyPark5 | Youtube | Twitter @PaulOrtegs
Check Out My Newest Creation: Solstice
Current No Limits Project: Velocity
(Sep 3, 2014, 03:46 PM)Cobra Wrote: Yes, it is the PC version of this mobile fiasco!

The point why alot of people, including myself, are very sceptical to this, is the fact that Pipeworks has no experience into games like RCT and Atari haven't any knowledge why RCT1&2 were so popular.

Another thing is that alot of people see/watch only a short teaser and one/two screens and thinking "wow that looks cool and that is the final look"!
Nope sorry, that's not the final look of the game, that's only advertising and photo- & videoediting to become nicer look. And after this mobile fiasco its not an suprise that Atari makes alot of advertising for RCT-World (RCT4).
And if this is the final graphic, than only ones with an high-end PC with an modern graphic-card (or two) become this look.

Don't get me wrong, it looks not that bad, but for an RCT4 its way to cartoonish, and Atari could use TPS as an little template, so they had the choice to create an more realstic look into it.
On the other hand, RCT is/was allways a game and not a simulator like NL or TPS.
And games can have an more cartoonish look.

Currently it looks like an HD version of RCT3, not more or less and the wish for an "no-grid-placement" isnt there if you look closer to the screen.
Everything on it looks like build after an grid, and not like an free placement system.

I think we all should sit back and wait about it, everything else is only speculating what could be or will be. And in the end, some people will love it, some others will dislike it.

Soo long, Cobra Cool

I appreciate the thought on the matter. The "cartoonish look" is what I don't like and many others as you described I agree with. Some people may like it and others may not. I just hope we can respect each other for our different opinions and not take it too personally with respect. Maybe they are looking for a different kind of audience for there new game? It's too bad they didn't read the forums on this website. It could have been so much better. I think awhile ago I said, it would be awesome if people on this site could create a new game. A new game with all of the features people want. It would be a huge task. But in the end it could be a success if done the right way. I am not a programmer so I would not know where to begin,. Just some thoughts on the issue at hand.