RCT-3 New Build: Pacific Plaza

Hello guys, I have been building a new park the last few days: "Pacific Plaza."
[Image: eren8k.jpg]
Here are a few random shots from this something less than half finished park... it's really just getting off the ground...
[Image: 30wunit.jpg]
I still need to do some retro-1950s finish work on this burger joint^, put something on the roof... give it some pizazz, and they do a lot of business!
What can I say- the place is a goldmine!
[Image: 2usj4ao.jpg]
They sell hamburgers, fries, ice cream, drinks, shakes, and balloons... red ones so I can see at a glance how much business they are doing. *pop*
Anyway, right now I am in the middle of finishing a very high-end restaurant: "Liaison."
[Image: 34zi0sk.jpg]
You can see the kitchen equipment set up there off the main dining room, no walls around the kitchen yet.^
Here is a more finished side of the restaurant, the main dining room with a magnificent view of the sea...
[Image: 2exv97c.jpg]
That is part of a resort complex that includes a shopping mall and a hotel with swimming pool hanging off the side of the hill.
And, just a few more random shots...
[Image: 2n7ilh0.jpg]
[Image: 307lwrn.jpg]
[Image: 2lnxy83.jpg]
Still enjoying this game!
Thx Smile
Looks good, just a suggestion though, pick up Belgabor's Invisible Doodads. In the CS pack there's invisible bathrooms, ATM's, paths, and stations. It just gives you a little more freedom with what you can and can't customize.
Team CoasterTech

(Jun 14, 2016, 05:39 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Looks good, just a suggestion though, pick up Belgabor's Invisible Doodads. In the CS pack there's invisible bathrooms, ATM's, paths, and stations. It just gives you a little more freedom with what you can and can't customize.

Thanks, that sounds like a very good tip!

So, after three days at it I had the snazzy new restaurant, "Liaison" pretty much squared away...
[Image: sc9w5s.jpg]
And it needs more shrubbery and a finish coat more or less, but is reasonably presentable...
[Image: 552d1f.jpg]
(I need to put a planter for that fern, I can see that.^)
[Image: 2z7kfv9.jpg]
[Image: 2mi16l3.jpg]
I told myself I wasn't going to go crazy with RCT-3 custom scenery, but this has been a worthwhile addition to the park.
[Image: n64wmd.jpg]
[Image: msk4k0.jpg]
And look at all those red balloons! ^

Thanks again for the tip and your comments are always welcome guys!

Thx Smile
I like your park, it looks really good so far.
Here is an additional set I think you would like for your park
Funtimes17's Golden 50s I think it's by Osudenny
http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index....;down=2304
I must say that the park is looking good, albeit in the early stages of development. N7 also has a lot of foliage sets on CS Depot you may be interested in, he's made more plants than I knew existed in CS lol. I know this is going to be mostly Vanilla, I just feel it may be a worthwhile addition to the park.
Team CoasterTech

Thanks again for the tips guys, I do need some new CS, my stuff is very dated.

So, we have the restaurant well in hand...

[Image: 34po0nb.jpg]
[Image: 282gj91.jpg]
And, the next project down the line was to be a hotel, as upscale as the Liaison restaurant, I started with the elevator...
[Image: 11u7wac.jpg]
I wanted to get a stairwell going down around it, as tight as I could get it, and the rooms for the hotel were going to be hung off this stairwell, at first.
Now it was time to build the hotel rooms, these were going to be spacious with as much detail on the inside as I could muster with the CS I have.
[Image: w1brz7.jpg]
I first build them on the ground^, then I copy them and put them into place one at a time onto the stairwell...
[Image: ixavmg.jpg]
And keep adding to them...
[Image: 2q3n595.jpg]
[Image: 2qv4kci.jpg]
All around with units...
[Image: 29bbomx.jpg]
[Image: xm5wxx.jpg]
[Image: 2qwpt3q.jpg]
[Image: 30u2yci.jpg]
And that's about where we are.
Next is to build the lobby of the hotel and add support structure to the hotel rooms so they are not merely suspended by the stairwell... but not too much support, I want to preserve a great deal of overhang on this structure.
[Image: 68ahrq.jpg]

Thx Smile
I like how you are using in game scenery and custom scenery items in your park. It reminds me of some modern architecture which I don't see to often in this game. Keep up the great work.
Smile
(Jun 17, 2016, 04:26 AM)aecrouch7413 Wrote: I like how you are using in game scenery and custom scenery items in your park. It reminds me of some modern architecture which I don't see to often in this game. Keep up the great work.
Smile

I wanted to minimalize CS in this build, but of course got carried away again.

Here are some high-rises from other builds that are 100% in-game scenery...

[Image: 15cn72a.jpg]

[Image: 2wrjgxg.jpg]

[Image: 2lk2v4l.jpg]

Here are a few from the almost finished new hotel...

[Image: vi03k2.jpg]

[Image: f4jri8.jpg]

[Image: 28b6zap.jpg]

[Image: xcjfww.jpg]

[Image: 2z4fn9f.jpg]

[Image: 1eazc6.jpg]

[Image: 20z753q.jpg]
[Image: bijcso.jpg]

And that's about where we're at now, it still needs quite a few things done.

Thanks for the tips and replies guys, I appreciate them!

Thx Smile
I have been through several versions of the above park, three to be precise, and here is the third version.

[Image: a305lh.jpg]

(It's also the pic I use as a screen saver.)

I call this one "Superama" and it has a few important differences from the previous versions.

[Image: 2q0vnk7.jpg]

No, this is not the Hubble Deep Space Survey, it's the park from afar and one thing you can see in this pic is how large the park actually is.

[Image: fmujph.jpg]

About 25 times bigger than what you see in the previous pics.

This park was sort of designed to see how dense I could make things and how many people I could accommodate, hoping that the software didn't lock up at some point like a few other parks I have built that were very heavy with custom scenery.

And it topped out at 2185 peeps and still ran pretty well, that is good news.

I put the kiddie and gentle rides in the middle section of the park, with thrill rides all around.

[Image: 11w3eox.jpg]

In the distance you can see three waterfalls.

[Image: x6rf6.jpg]

Beneath that waterfall is a large swimming pool.

[Image: 2iqdgy8.jpg]

I always wanted a pool with a waterfall in it and didn't know it was possible in this game.

[Image: 2pzz3gn.jpg]

Next I'll see how much custom scenery I can put in before it bogs the system down.

[Image: rk0dq1.jpg]

Thx Smile
Nicely done. I really like the night pictures.