Coaster Game Opinions

A similar theme holds true with both of my home parks; Fantasy Island of Grand Island, NY, and Darien Lake of Darien, NY. Neither is to the extent that you described, nor are they similar to what is present in El Grande, however; Fantasy Island features approximately half of the park being very visible from the 190 (interstate), with the other half being somewhat visible from the main roads near the park. As for Darien Lake, while driving to the parking lot entrance you're greeted with the sight of The Ride of Steel's lift hill and subsequent layout. In both cases it's a sort of "welcome to the park" before actually getting there.
Team CoasterTech

(Sep 2, 2017, 02:14 PM)The Coaster Creator Wrote: That's an interesting perspective I never get that with my home park.  I am at Dollywood about every weekend, and driving in you can see nothing of the park or what it has to offer.  Actually the first time we went I wondered if we had gotten lost.  This is the exact opposite of other places because in Orlando it is Mako and The Incredible Hulk towering over the interstate begging you to ride them.  Very interesting point about that and how it works Purvis

Ah yes Dollywood! I'm closer to Dollywood now than Orlando. I'm near Chattanooga now. I love the Gatlinburg area and surrounding areas. Beautiful up that way!

(Sep 2, 2017, 02:37 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: A similar theme holds true with both of my home parks; Fantasy Island of Grand Island, NY, and Darien Lake of Darien, NY. Neither is to the extent that you described, nor are they similar to what is present in El Grande, however; Fantasy Island features approximately half of the park being very visible from the 190 (interstate), with the other half being somewhat visible from the main roads near the park. As for Darien Lake, while driving to the parking lot entrance you're greeted with the sight of The Ride of Steel's lift hill and subsequent layout. In both cases it's a sort of "welcome to the park" before actually getting there.

I love that feeling you get when driving into a park! Seeing those looming lift hills put me in a great mood!
Real late reply, Purvis. I can really get that feel of driving alongside a towering roller coaster. Say, the likeness for me when my family drives to the toll gates to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and being able to see Apollo's Chariot (and Tempesto) running. It is really sick to see, especially for the fact that you are about to be on those rides.

I thank you for your kind words on El Grande. Though, have a new look at Qabr, that roadway behind Qabr, driving along that would also provide a real cool effect, seeing the train come out of an absolutely monsterous building and dipping away out of view. Provides a cool effect for drivers, and an even more epic effect on peeps in the park.

I am loving this project; it is coming along. Montanhoso, El Grande, and Qabr are ALL in the same park, just for your information. It will eventually be out. Stay tuned!
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
(Sep 6, 2017, 10:11 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Real late reply, Purvis. I can really get that feel of driving alongside a towering roller coaster. Say, the likeness for me when my family drives to the toll gates to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and being able to see Apollo's Chariot (and Tempesto) running. It is really sick to see, especially for the fact that you are about to be on those rides.

I thank you for your kind words on El Grande. Though, have a new look at Qabr, that roadway behind Qabr, driving along that would also provide a real cool effect, seeing the train come out of an absolutely monsterous building and dipping away out of view. Provides a cool effect for drivers, and an even more epic effect on peeps in the park.

I am loving this project; it is coming along. Montanhoso, El Grande, and Qabr are ALL in the same park, just for your information. It will eventually be out. Stay tuned!

Ah yes! I look forward to seeing it! I've never been to the Busch Gardens up there but I've been to the one in Tampa, they have awesome coasters!
I have always wanted to go to Busch Gardens Tampa. One, for merely having a love for my hometown park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and two, to not have to go to Disney World *again.*

Not to dis Disney World. but when you go there enough, it gets boring, and for me being eighteen, there is not very much there to intrigue me. I am sure that, when my eventual family is old enough, I will go back. (Saying this, and I have been to BGW at least ten times [which is five hours away from us]). Busch Gardens Tampa is always present on my bucket list of parks I want to visit (That list, albeit, is very very long). Some sick looking rides, and being a fan of roller coasters in general, I'd love to go.

With the impending travels to Carowinds (which is roughly two hours closer than BGW), I am fair for certain I am going to ride the heck out of all I can do whenever that day comes. This season pass allows for me to visit any and every CF park (cool!) as well as getting one free entry for this year. So, Carowinds it be.

My list of visits is really....really long.
My favorite of the RCT games is absolutely RCT3, I can make an ok coaster in RCT3, but I am not at all great with the original. However, I know that could change I downloaded RCT3 of steam about a year ago, but I didn't play until this December and the first time I played RCTC or RCT2 was in January so I am all very new to this community.

Even though I have a bias for RCT3 I don't think at least until now it has affected the way I voted on anything in the built it contest
[Image: Youtube_Banner_2.png]
(Sep 7, 2017, 01:10 AM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: I have always wanted to go to Busch Gardens Tampa. One, for merely having a love for my hometown park, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and two, to not have to go to Disney World *again.*

Not to dis Disney World. but when you go there enough, it gets boring, and for me being eighteen, there is not very much there to intrigue me. I am sure that, when my eventual family is old enough, I will go back. (Saying this, and I have been to BGW at least ten times [which is five hours away from us]). Busch Gardens Tampa is always present on my bucket list of parks I want to visit (That list, albeit, is very very long). Some sick looking rides, and being a fan of roller coasters in general, I'd love to go.

With the impending travels to Carowinds (which is roughly two hours closer than BGW), I am fair for certain I am going to ride the heck out of all I can do whenever that day comes. This season pass allows for me to visit any and every CF park (cool!) as well as getting one free entry for this year. So, Carowinds it be.

My list of visits is really....really long.

I just love that the Busch parks push the extremes on rides. Disney is great and even Universal has some great rides but BG stays current and continues to add more and more coasters. They still struggle with the Seaworld parks because of all the controversy, but they keep their Busch Gardens parks rolling along. We need to eventually have Justin organize a rctgo reunion/park meet and all of us go visit a park and gopro the whole thing!

(Sep 7, 2017, 03:08 AM)Antonov-225 Wrote: My favorite of the RCT games is absolutely RCT3, I can make an ok coaster in RCT3, but I am not at all great with the original. However, I know that could change I downloaded RCT3 of steam about a year ago, but I didn't play until this December and the first time I played RCTC or RCT2 was in January so I am all very new to this community.  

Even though I have a bias for RCT3 I don't think at least until now it has affected the way I voted on anything in the built it contest

There's just so many options with rct3 and with cs sets in general, I think that's what keeps my interest with that particular version of the game.
@PurvisBrad - I think the biggest problem with ever doing that is the fact that most of the users on site are children. There are plenty of us that are in college or older of course, but there are many children. Also, for those of us that reside in Europe, that would be rather costly (I didn't mean to imply I'm from Europe, I'm American).
Team CoasterTech

RCT3 is definitely the best one. With PC being a close second
I'd have to disagree. Planet Coaster is far better simply for it being much more modernized. Though, it is rather unfair that RCT3 was made in 2004, and Planet Coaster over a decade later, but consider that RCTW was supposed to be RCT3's counterpart. It. failed. miserably.

I won't diss RCT3, it is a great game for its time, but compare it with more modern theme park game Planet Coaster, it is going to lose. If we are talking CS sets, RCT3 wins on all accounts, though.