Vote for your favorite track! Round 282

[Image: buildit.png]

Round 282 Voting

It's time for another round of voting for RCTgo's Build It! Competition. Four more great entries are up for voting - below are the name and screenshot of each. It's now time for you to vote for your favorite track!

Let's have a great round!

#1: The Phoenix at Knoebels Amusement Resort

[Image: 5ab2c0eec8977.png]

#2: Red Alert

[Image: 5ab36f60e0ad8.jpg]

#3: The Tornado

[Image: 5abcc7deba895.png]

#4: Alpinista

[Image: 5abd4b947a3e6.png]

Voting is now open!

Voting will remain open until Tuesday, April 10
Vote goes to Phoenix. That is one real good recreation!
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
oh man this is an interesting one, still very undecided

The Phoenix - I know this is a recreation, and its hard to judge recreations in this competition cause they're actually real and dont have all this crazy theming that we can imagine, but overall its well done, except for the glaring amount of green space in the middle of the coaster, it feels like you just forgot to add trees there? But it's nothing that special, but a recreation so I won't give it to much flack for being bland

Red Alert - This one is interesting, it look pretty well done for what is there, its a bit jolting of a track at times but I think that's just the way the coaster itself is designed cause of small cars. My problem with this one is that there's nothing really around the ride, it's kind of Niesch style where it's just the ride, the scenery it interacts with and nothing else, and no offense Niesch and to this creation but that's definitely the biggest flaw here. Also love the music in the POV btw, it works really well

The Tornado - Ah, a classic example of how screwed up RCT3's ratings are, 21 inversions and a less than 9 intensity, really wish this had a POV, cause it feels like the kind of thing I'd build for fun just for a crazy ride like 5 years ago, but there's no scenery so this is most definitely not getting my vote

Alpinista - This is a solid ride, but I feel like we've been plagued recently with build it entries that belong in parks as good additions but don't stand out themselves, like there's not much wrong with this ride, landscaping, foliage, track layout, station, tiny bit of castle/log cabin theme, its all there, the waterfalls is a nice touch, but there's just nothing that stands out as talent about this coaster

My vote is in between Red Alert and Alpinista
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

I am a bit biased because I spent many a summer at Knoebel's Grove and Phoenix was one of the first roller coasters I ever went on. It is one of my favorite coasters ever.

It's a recreation yes, but it is a very faithful recreation. If I stare at it long enough, I feel like I'm right there; in the park, staring up at this great coaster.
(Apr 3, 2018, 09:39 AM)naveisawesome Wrote: oh man this is an interesting one, still very undecided

The Phoenix - I know this is a recreation, and its hard to judge recreations in this competition cause they're actually real and dont have all this crazy theming that we can imagine, but overall its well done, except for the glaring amount of green space in the middle of the coaster, it feels like you just forgot to add trees there? But it's nothing that special, but a recreation so I won't give it to much flack for being bland

Red Alert - This one is interesting, it look pretty well done for what is there, its a bit jolting of a track at times but I think that's just the way the coaster itself is designed cause of small cars. My problem with this one is that there's nothing really around the ride, it's kind of Niesch style where it's just the ride, the scenery it interacts with and nothing else, and no offense Niesch and to this creation but that's definitely the biggest flaw here. Also love the music in the POV btw, it works really well

The Tornado - Ah, a classic example of how screwed up RCT3's ratings are, 21 inversions and a less than 9 intensity, really wish this had a POV, cause it feels like the kind of thing I'd build for fun just for a crazy ride like 5 years ago, but there's no scenery so this is most definitely not getting my vote

Alpinista - This is a solid ride, but I feel like we've been plagued recently with build it entries that belong in parks as good additions but don't stand out themselves, like there's not much wrong with this ride, landscaping, foliage, track layout, station, tiny bit of castle/log cabin theme, its all there, the waterfalls is a nice touch, but there's just nothing that stands out as talent about this coaster

My vote is in between Red Alert and Alpinista

Just pointing out that Phoenix actually has no trees inside of its layout and therefore it is nearly perfectly accurate.  This is just me being an uber fan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOHIIEOam_8
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
The Phoenix - Never been to Knoebels Amusement Resort, so hard to judge. Not the hardest recreation ever, but based on images I found on Google indeed a quite accurate one. Good job!

Red Alert - Lighting is very well done I must say. Scenery quite decent too. Lacks terraforming though. Overall a nice little coaster.

The Tornado - Lacks terraforming, theming and a realistic layout. My least favourite of the 4 entries to be honest.

Alpinista - Nice layout that goes well with the landscape and scenery. Lovely colour scheme and authentic feel to it. Great work!

Voted for Apinista!
And here we have yet another bad showing from the RCT3 crowd... I know you guys can do better, I've seen it. Anyways:

The Phoenix: While I've never been to Knoebels, a quick Google search shows that this is a faithful recreation - and a good one at that. There's nothing else here for me to really comment on, boring American realism is just that, boring American realism. (fortunately I know how to appreciate it)

Red Alert: I'm still trying to figure out what the theme of this is supposed to be, is it set in some sort of factory? Some sci-fi building? I have no idea, but regardless the ride isn't too great (even by wild mouse standards), and the scenery needs a lot of work. In a finished build we shouldn't be able to see the endless nothingness surrounding the ride, even if you don't fill it up with completed structures just plop facades down that will block our view and contribute to the overall aesthetic.

The Tornado: This is a great recreation of 'Burnt Spaghetti: The Ride', if I may say so myself. In the future I suggest you take a look at past entries into Build-It! before entering something like this, most entries of this quality tend to become memes.

Alpinista: I was wondering when this would turn up, I was just hoping it would when it was in a more finished state.

My vote is going to The Phoenix, as it's the only truly finished project here. If Alpinista were more finished it'd have a shot, but as for you RCT3 players you should head back to the drawing board. I really hope we see some quality RCT3's out of the next couple rounds.
Team CoasterTech

ok fair I've looked it up, yes there's green space, and although its accurate its still not very impressive to me, it gives the coaster an excuse but not anything actually notable, that's my problem with recreations, real life coasters are pretty boring at times so yeah you can be accurate but you cant show off talent of building with them
[Image: ZCL35lY.jpg]

red alert gets my vote
The only one I could really vote for was phoenix.