Frozen Meltdown - Update 7/11/06 Post #35

FROZEN MELTDOWN
A double four-way duelling eight track extended stand-up intertwining hybrid coaster

Here it is, my eagerly awaited new duelling coaster! You may remember my Fury of the Storm coaster, which was a six-way dueller. I stopped making that because I had gotten bored of using too many rocks, and the fire particles were causing too much lag. So, here's what's different about the new one:

- Eight tracks, rather than six, in two sets of four, making a double four-way dueller sort of thing.
- Two different themes this time: the hellish theme from Fury of the Storm, as well as a snowy/cold theme. Four tracks will be snow themed, four will be fire themed (I got the idea from last weeks BOTF challenge).
- More terraforming, rather than using rockworx, so there should be less lag.
- Stand-up coaster cars, adding extra excitement to the ride.
- I MIGHT make it in multiple sandboxes, so there will hardly be any lag. Depends how big I choose to make it.
- A new logo in a similar style of the DragonForce logo.
- It will just be much better. Trust me, it will.

Anyway, here are some early screenshots of the lift hills:

[Image: shot0006fu8.jpg]

[Image: shot0007rl9.jpg]

[Image: shot0008yl4.jpg]

So far, I haven't done much, but it's taken me a while to do that. For each track on the lift hill I havee used four different tracks: extended (which the train will run on), multi-dimension above (for the catwalks), multi-dimension below (to make it look more impressive) and the corkscrew track (because it looked good).

Expect more to come soon...

For the poll I've included, it is to choose the song for the ride when I make the video. DON'T VOTE UNLESS YOU HAVE HEARD THE SONGS! They are all by DragonForce, and I've narrowed it down to these ones, but I am undecided of which one to use. So I want you to vote (those who have heard them) for which would be best for this ride.

Whichever I use will affect the entire outcome of the video, so choose carefully.

EDIT: Oh, and sorry if parts of this post make no sense. I originally posted it on the Atari Forums, and copied it onto here.
[Image: nfnukesigzr4.png]
looking good Mr Floater
^ Don't call me that.

Anyway, come on people, have a look, and et voting for which song to use! (only if you've heard them though)
Wow, that looks great. What font did you use for that logo, please can I have the link?

:grin:
[Image: newsig.gif]
Click here to visit my blog! If you haven't already then why not visit RCT3Madness
This looks absolutely killer!
I can't wait for the video.
:woot:
Also, I had an idea... since some of us
are not familliar with the music,
(I know I'm outta the loop.)
:cry:
Why not make a video with all the songs?
THEN
we could vote for the best?
Thanks Drayton! Although for the logo I couldn't find a DragonForce style font so I drew it myself, then scanned it in to edit it. I'm quite pleased you thought it was an actual font, but I'm sorry to say that it isn't.

Anyway, remember to vote on the poll!

EDIT: Wolfman, I can't make five videos. The camera movements, fireworks and everything, even the coaster, will be in time with the music. So there shall only be one. And it will take months.
Didn't think of that. Oh well, I can't vote then. Sorry.

But the coaster is nuts! I love it. You did a great job on the logo too I might add.
(patiently salvating for the video to be uploaded.)
Well, at least you haven't voted. There's been people on the Atari forums who have been voting even when they haven't heard any of the songs, which is annoying. I will be adding the votes together at the end though, and so far with them combined (and the ones on Shaun's forums) I think Fury of the Storm and The Flame of Youth are in joint first, with Soldier of the Wadteland close behind.
This coaster is 2000 times better than Fury of the Storm. I like the buildings you have used and the Scenery to.
[Image: image.png]
New Disney Expansion pack, is it true
I'm a bit of a revolution Deathsquad Fan myself, although....I love Valley of the damned and Through the fire and Flames!

Also have you seen Dragonforce at the Warped Tour....they were strawberry awesome!

Anyway on with the coasterinnnnnnnng (Now with added Nn's)

:grin:
[Image: newsig.gif]
Click here to visit my blog! If you haven't already then why not visit RCT3Madness