Theme Park Builder 3D, made by RCT Community Members- Free!

Im Skeptical if this is going to work out building a theme park game as big as RCT3 and in 3D, its gonna be tough.
can you control the rides?
good question can you?
[Image: 2yowokk.jpg]
yeah can you? And another good question is will you be able to walk around in your park?:?
These are my favorite bands...

1.Chevelle
2.Slipknot
3.Dethklok
4.Godsmack
5.Lamb of God
6.The Agony Scene
7.Hemlock
8.AC/DC

ROCK ON!
I have always wanted to be able to do that.
[Image: 2yowokk.jpg]
Actually RCT3X it is not necessarily me. This game belongs to you, your friends, many of whom are making it a reality. My main part in this is strictly to help get it started. When my friend Ken, disappeared there were many questions left open. I actually stopped using RCT3 a long time ago, because it could not yield a park accurately because of its limitations so I was actually approached by DoctorJ and others, otherwise this old guy posting this topic post this evening, would have been long gone from the platform as I have many other tasks to keep busy with. But they (your friends) approached me as asking to help get this going, so I became a part of this new community which you also are a part of and own as does everyone here. I suppose an explanation is in order here so I shall endeavor to explain this.

RCT3 is owned by a corporate publisher. If that publisher elects to kill model importation and halt the RCT platform they can. Will that happen, I suspect not right now, and honestly I hope it doesn't happen as RCT has brought a lot of fun to many folks. TPB3D on the other hand is not owned by a corporation. Actually you own it, I own it in fact everyone does, and whatever they put into it, they get out of it. This is significantly important. It means that your future game is owned by you and nobody can take that away from you or anyone else. I know there were doubts and I can understand these greatly as what happened with Coaster Madness. Unfortunately No Limits and Virtual Rides while high quality have remained limited and more to simulations and Thrillville which I was greatly hoping would be RCT4 has turned out to be the differing platform it became and is. TV nor RCT are TPB3D. Our game is also a simulation first with gaming elements as Atari's game RCT platform is a game first with simulation following.

Currently there are over 100 rides in the pipeline and we have several thousand rides planned, but that is just the start of this. Imagine a tool in TPB3D that let you take parts from one ride, import theming and make whole new rides with settings, from all of the existing rides? It becomes endless and the FRCS aka. the "Flat Ride Construction Set" does just this. It is a brilliant concept originally from DoctorJ who first coded the first ridemaker utility for RCT2 along with Buggy and the Amazing Earl from early RCT historic days which I was glad to call them my friends back then and now.

Some of the many rides can be found at the current wiki that we maintain and the FRCS alpha code is about to be released to a first group, pending some code fixes. March or April 2009 should see the FRCS safely in your hands and those of your many friends. Many other program base coding is also nailed down and other coders and modelers are organized and on standby to help make it all come together.

I want to stress that this is not my game. Yes I have been involved, but many others far grander than I have made this for you all and I encourage you all to join your friends. You own this, it is yours to make it better, not mine. Yes I rally people and participate and I have had a lot to do with this, but I don't and never will own this. It belongs to everybody has from the start and as it becomes more of a reality will continue to do so. I invite you RCT3X to see what is happening. It truly is magical, but from all of us together. I hope at sometime in the future as this gels even more, you and your many friends will join with us all and perhaps open other forums for TPB3D as it happens and come have fun with us. We are in exciting times and I am only glad to see this happen. If others enjoy it, that is all that matters to me.

If you want me to come to a topic and post news updates I would consider it an honor and hope to keep you informed. Anyhow, I thank you for these valuable resources you have provided and hope they will continue to serve the growing community and your patrons as well...I am honored!
(Jun 5, 2007, 09:03 PM)rct3darkrideguy Wrote: Im Skeptical if this is going to work out building a theme park game as big as RCT3 and in 3D, its gonna be tough.

Originally Frontier had about 30 plus participant professionals making the game. We have collectively more than double that as far as talents go including more coders too. A lot of base code actually is already written for the community game with the FRCS to be the first released game module depending on what the coders decide for stable coding. Later possibly by years end we may have the alpha landscaping completed and if not by then, early 2010 is a better candidate. Bear in mind as mentioned that many other smaller coding aspects are also being done as well as the major modules to the game itself.

(Jan 2, 2008, 06:18 AM)Tidgytod Wrote: can you control the rides?

Most definitely yes. This will be permitted in a future enhanced FRCS "Flat Ride Construction Set" sequencer. Don't forget we will also have what is called the RRCs or "Race Ride Construction Set" as the coding people proposed. That will cover bumper cars, go cars, bumper boats etc and allow you to drive your vehicles in 3D.

(Apr 13, 2008, 07:40 PM)chevelleROCKER_18B Wrote: yeah can you? And another good question is will you be able to walk around in your park?:?

Yes you will be able to walk around in your park including people cams. We prefer the term people to peep which reminds one of a marshmallow Easter sugar coated chicken. And so we will have People Cams. If your mods want to set up a TPB3D topic, I will with others try to provide not only the game information, but up to date news and photos so you can be updated as to what is happening. We are about to pass 100 ride models, many of whose parts can be mixed and matched in the FRCS and later the RRCS and TRCS "Track Ride Construction Set."

But again it is up to the moderators if they want this information posted and any news and updates.
Well my thanks to the mods for allowing me to bring the news so I will post today's latest news and photo as well. Here goes...

TPB3D now has over 110 ride models from Jungle Cruise Boats to spider rides and even a double decker and grand carousel those courtesy of Gadget's efforts. The bulk of the main models are attributable to Star_Ranger4 as well as WCBourdeaux and many other ride modelers too.

The compiled Alpha-1 FRCS said to be in action now with a few coders tweaking the remaining coding for the application. Not too much is known as of to what rides have been imported into the FRCS but what we do know is that there are a few already and they appear to be working like the real deals folks...

Confirmed ride Chance Tumbler pieces are now imported into the FRCS for assembly.

[Image: latest.png]

In fact with Belgabor and The_Cook coding this, they have nabbed many models for the game. Also known to be in the FRCS alpha-1 candidate is the Eli Scrambler parts. Remember you will be able to assemble parts from any ride group thus making your own brand new rides and then compiling and saving them for later. Theoretically over 800,000 rides can be completed in combination's and the amount of rides greatly increases with each new rides part group added.
For those wanting to see what this Chance Tumbler ride looks like in real life here is the completed ride in the TPB3D repository.

[Image: Chance_Tumbler-SR4.jpg]

The Chance Tumbler is a historic flat ride in a sense because only a few were made and none currently exist. It is essentially a double "Skydiver" ride also made originally by Chance Morgan rides.

Chance "Skydiver" ride. Yes the ride can be made interactive with mouse or keyboard control by the FRCS Ridemaker who chooses those opens, which means while riding the car you will be able to spin it like on the real ride or the passenger online over the net riding with you will be able to spin your car. Yes like everything in TPB3D the game is net savvy and interaction across the net will be possible.

[Image: Chance_Skydiver-SR4.jpg]

Yes we have that ride as well, so you will be able to make a Chance Skydiver ride in the game, but that is just the start of creativity using the upcoming FRCS "Flat Ride Construction Set" module of the game. Rides never before created will be able to exist in your parks as well like the

Tri-Diver ride...
[Image: Tri-Diver-SR4.jpg]

If you don't like a Tri-Diver and three Skydiver wheels on the ride, why not go bigger with 4 wheels and make the Qui-Diver ride. The more passengers per ride circuit the more that gets moved and profits increase.

[Image: Qui-Diver-SR4.jpg]
What about tracked rides like boats for example? One of the main problems we had in TORCG (That Other Roller Coaster Game) as we refer to it, had an awful Steamboat. It was cute at a distance, but zoom in and it was just plain awful looking. To make matters worse, there was not track, so making a sceneic tracked ride in your amusement park required a frustrating work around that often worked only some of the time. We give you the in construction progress model of the Samuel Clemens. For those of you unfamiliar with real life names of famous people. Mr. Clemens fictional name was "Mark Twain," and unlike a famous amusement park who is sue happy over its monikers, our boat is named after the real person.

[Image: 800px-Steamboat_Rear_Paddlewheeler_Medium-aelk2004.jpg]

The Steamboat will be able to accommodate about a maximum of 450 passengers per ride circuit. It will have a track and the ride or park builder operator can toggle the track to allow intersecting of other tracks for other boats like for example a River Raft ride whose track crosses that of the Steamboat. Also, invisible tracks will be available too.

[Image: 678px-Boat_Small_Raft_W-Sail_aelk2004.jpg]

Yes that is our scale sizing model Alex on the ride. Every ride is scaled by the original modelers to Alex or his girlfriend Flo aka. Florence.

One final note on the Samuel Clemens Steamboat. It will also have moving passenger zones. That means the ride also will have functioning restrooms and snack or souvenir shops on the ride so customers can relax for longer excursions. This steamboat is the mid sized one. A much large "River Queen" is expected that will have shops, restrooms, a sit-in restaurant or giant ball room or a small internal theater that will allow users to put together a sequenced animated show using the Stage Band sequencer and apply dialog sound or music etc. Smoke, lights, explosions will all be included in the sequencer tool box for that ride.

For those who don't like the Midwest theme how about the Jungle Boats? The Jungle Queen will handle 45 passengers per boat ride circuit.

[Image: 800px-Boat_Jungle_Queen-aelk2004.jpg]

If you don't like this style Jungle Cruise boat we will have the more Modern Retro style from the late 1960's through to present day. This type of Jungle cruise boat allows for about 35 passengers per ride circuit. This could be a slightly smaller Jungle Queen

[Image: 800px-Boat_Jungle_Cruise_-_Modern-aelk2004.jpg]

Finally, if these two styles won't do, there are boats similar to what Busch Gardens and Six Flags have used which were the original Retro styles from the late 1950's thru the mid 1970's as history shows us. These boats hold about 25 passengers per ride circuit.

[Image: 800px-Boat_Jungle_Cruise_-_Retro-aelk2004.jpg]

Tracked rides while in place modelwise will be the last things coded in the game. The TRCS "Tracked Ride Construction Set" will allow the ride builders to make these rides available to all the park builders out there. Like their counterpart FRCS Ridemakers, the TRCS Ridemakers will give us all the tracked rides for the game.
Brill. Cant wait to see more Smile
[Image: jag100banner.gif]
Bear in mind this was purposefully a slower project so we can have the time to nail it down properly. I know that a little over 2 years have past, but your many friends have really worked hard at making this a reality and I can report that the FRCS is compiled being tested still by coders and that it does spawn rides across the net between the server and client of the software. That means when you visit a park with a specific ride, you will be able to save it into your own rides folder, allowing you to when you build your own park, also have that ride available.

The FRCS will allow you to mix and match Flat Ride parts to create never before imagined flat rides. In addition you will be able to import themed parts to create themed versions of the rides.