Newport Pleasure Gardens - Contest Begins (9-12-11)

Haha thanks guys. I know they say to play for yourself, but it's hard to keep going unless you have motivation. I really do appreciate and care about everything you say Smile
----------------------

Prizes Announced!
1. Choice of any track file used in Newport Pleasure Gardens, including accompanying scenery (supports, station) for exclusive use
2. Two free questions to ask me about NPG (questions about the future are allowed, within reason)
3. An exclusive first look at the next NPG coaster (those of you that may have seen it.... will see the next one)

Now, even though that prizes have been announced, questions will not begin until Monday. I'll post another trivia fact today and two on Friday. Be prepared for full game instructions on Monday once the contest officially starts!

Trivia Fact #8
Did you know... Crawfish Island River Excursion (CIRE) and the Autobahn are the only two attractions from the original Newport Pleasure Gardens that made it into the version you see now? Both have been expanded and updated since the move. Additionally, CIRE was originally going to be located where Rotor and the other flats are now? I spent forever trying to get it to fit - eventually, I just moved it across the midway! The A-frame entrance to the Autobahn was always part of the plan as well; I actually decided to build the ride so I could make an A-frame building!

Stay tuned...!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
-----------------

Here's how it's gonna go. I'll post two more trivia facts today, and the question period on Monday. At that point, you'll be able to accumulate points and if you do well enough, you may win one of the prizes listed above! I'll post full game instructions on Monday.

Trivia Fact #9
Did you know... Rising Smoke was originally going to be fully enclosed? I couldn't decide between giving it a western façade or building it completely indoors. Eventually, I decided that the paratrooper would look best in the natural setting.

Trivia Fact #10
Did you know... Robert Clarke was never supposed to die? I knew I needed to add something to the storyline, and originally Robert Clarke was supposed to get better in time to bring the park back into popularity in Season 7. I decided it would be more dramatic to kill him off, even though in my original plans he was supposed to eventually leave the park and start on a new venture...

Keep an eye on this thread on Monday for the chance to win one of the three great prizes!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
[Image: RGhkT.png]

The Trivia Contest Begins!

Instructions
Every day for the next three weeks, I will be posting a trivia question in this thread. Your job is to answer it. Anything in the thread is fair game for questions, including information in the trivia facts, general park updates, comment responses, and this thread on other forums (SGW, RCTLounge, RCTGo). You may look for the answer or helpful information in my thread on another site, but you can only accumulate points on one site. That is, if you answer one question here, and another question on another site the next day, I will only count your answers on the site you posted on first. For every question that you answer, you will get one point. You must answer by posting in this thread, and each question is only valid for that day. For example, if I were playing I could not come back tomorrow and try to answer today's question. If you answer every question correctly each day, you can earn a maximum of 15 points. The higher the points you get, the more likely you are to win one of the following prizes:

1. Choice of any track file used in Newport Pleasure Gardens, including accompanying scenery (supports, station) for exclusive use
2. Two free questions to ask me about NPG (questions about the future are allowed, within reason)
3. An exclusive first look at the next NPG coaster (those of you that may have seen it.... will see the next one)

The top three players on each forum will have their choice of these prizes, with each winning player choosing in order of his/her ranking. I will be keeping an ongoing list of players and their point tallies in this post.

If anybody has questions, feel free to PM me or post them here. These questions will not be easy, but all the info you will need will be in one of the three threads. Hopefully this will be more fun than confusing!

Question #1
Where did current CFO Jean Lemon work before coming to work with Newport Pleasure Gardens?

By the way...if you follow me on Twitter (@gci2011), you may find the occasional hint...
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
A note to all...

I will no longer be posting Newport Pleasure Gardens here at RCTgo. I appreciate your support, and the park can still be found at Shyguy's World and RCTLounge in the future.

Thank you.
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
well guess this is really the real end here on rctgo well Goodbye for Newport Pleasure Gardens see you on RctLounge
USA Fun And Blast Is great Company to plan and design any Park so if any parks need an buyer then USA Fun And Blast is there to help.
Thats a shame, one of the few "great" parks this is and it would be nice if it could stay. You could always copy and paste the posts just to keep us in the loop Smile
Thanks guys. Biotec: I know, but I've already been copying and pasting. It's just so slow over here. Besides, all anyone has to do is hop over to SGW or RCTLounge to catch up!
gci2011's RCT3 Projects

Other Projects
Looks Great, Amazing Park
(Sep 21, 2011, 07:44 PM)gci2011 Wrote: Thanks guys. Biotec: I know, but I've already been copying and pasting. It's just so slow over here. Besides, all anyone has to do is hop over to SGW or RCTLounge to catch up!
You may be twisting my arm already to make me join SGW or RCTLounge! Smile