Poll: Not ready to upgrade yet? What to Do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Turn down the LOD options and/or geometry imposter distance.
8.00%
2 8.00%
Reduce the anti aliasing quality, or disable it.
4.00%
1 4.00%
Turn off reflective water.
16.00%
4 16.00%
Play the game only in day mode.
20.00%
5 20.00%
Disable the clouds and/or disable the background.
12.00%
3 12.00%
Disable 3-D trees and/or stop showing trees off map.
8.00%
2 8.00%
Start playing the game in fullscreen mode.
8.00%
2 8.00%
Reduce the number of rides and attractions.
8.00%
2 8.00%
Disable music for most or all the rides
4.00%
1 4.00%
None of the above – I rarely or never have this problem.
12.00%
3 12.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Huge Park? Headache Just as Big?

(Mar 16, 2013, 06:08 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: My laptop overheats and turns off if I use RCT3 on it for more than 8 minutes.

You can always buy a new one or maybe ask your friends if they have one that they can sell to you at a decent price or maybe even a free one they don't use anymore. I got this from a friend for free, they were throwing it out!
[Image: Ardy.png]
I'd rather get a new one with an awesome graphics card and Windows 8 touchscreen.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
I should really start using 2d trees on my map. The lag is getting atrocious.
(Mar 16, 2013, 08:37 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: I'd rather get a new one with an awesome graphics card and Windows 8 touchscreen.

But while you wait for that one, wouldn't you want a better one then what you have?
[Image: Ardy.png]
Well, no because for now I play RCT3 on my laptop that has plenty of space for about to circulate around inside.
(Mar 16, 2013, 08:38 PM)Ness64 Wrote: I should really start using 2d trees on my map. The lag is getting atrocious.

If your graphics card isn't all that bad one doesn't really notice the trees aren't 3-D unless you're really looking to see a difference. On another system a number of years ago if I switched to 2-D trees they looked obviously flat and floated above the map whenever I zoomed out. On that system Nocturnal House did the same thing whether trees were 2-D or 3-D.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Usually whenever my laptop overheats on RCT3 it's cause the fan is busted. Luckily I haven't had that problem with my current laptop, but then again if it starts burning too hot, I usually shut the game off and let the machine cool. I'm more concerned about the disc getting too messed up from constantly loading the game due to playing in short bursts.
Yes, handle that disk with kid gloves. I have two sets of RCT3 disks (Vanilla, Soaked and Wild x 2). To play the game I've been using the Wild disk from one set repeatedly until I noticed there were difficulties loading the game at times. On the day it wouldn't load at all I examined the disk and discovered a tiny crack off the center hole. The crack continued slightly into the silver data area of the disk. I figured the disk had just about had it anyway so I carefully used a drop of super glue on the center edge (the edge of the hole in the disk center), working it into the crack before the glue set, rubbing my fingernail along the crack to be sure it was as level as I could get it and taking care none of the glue got as far as the silver on the disk.

I thought I was down to only one disk but because of the glue (and maybe because the crack hadn't got too far) I have two disks again. You can be sure that I'm handling my disks carefully now!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I am VERY careful. I keep the disc in a case at all times unless I'm using it. I am thinking when I have the extra money maybe I should go to Atari's digital shop and just buy the download installer for RCT3 Platinum (the one I have) to be safe. I dunno if a digital copy is better or worse then a disc copy though...
I always keep a disk in my room and when I re-install RCT3 I get all my backed-up stuff and the No-CD crack. If you want me to send the crack to you so you don't have to put the disk in your computer I'll upload it.