Delightful Image of Balinese Rice Paddies

It can't be that hard to make? Just make some hills in good order and some sand and water and trees and done :P. But I don't know eh. I never tried..

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

(May 21, 2013, 09:15 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: So, there’s no irrigation? All the water in the paddies is from rain?

Of course. These rice paddies were invented, like, hundreds of thousands of years before plumbing.

(May 21, 2013, 09:15 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Is most of the Phillipines as beautiful and lush as this?

Counting the cities, not really, but the countryside is really as beautiful and lush as this, if a bit muddier due to typhoons (typhoons are hurricanes that happen in the Pacific Ocean). Some of our beaches, like El Nido and Boracay, are in many Top 10 lists for best beaches, with both having white sands that are slightly pinkish or yellowish in some areas. I visited Sta Cruz Island twice, another nice beach area in the Philippines, and I kinda wish someone would come quick and make RCT3 CS landscape textures that recreate the pinkish sand there.

There are many places this lush, though, and Bali, Indonesia, where the picture was taken, is famous as a tourist destination, if expensive.

If you do visit here in the Philippines someday (I think Philippine Airlines offers Los Angeles to Manila services), I would suggest hailing a taxi or using the metro rail system from the Airport to Pasay City, where you can visit Star City. There are, like, 4 coasters there, including an inverted Pinfari that pulls 4 g-forces and has a roll over. The legchoppers are ultra scary, though, so I didn't try it... yet.

(May 21, 2013, 05:18 PM)Riiickerttt Wrote: It can't be that hard to make? Just make some hills in good order and some sand and water and trees and done :P. But I don't know eh. I never tried..

You have to make flat areas in the hill for each paddy level, then you need some CS rice crops or grasses laid out in a nice and gap-free order to represent fully grown rice, and you have to put grasses to line out the edges, and I don't even know if someone bothered to make CS farmer animatronics carrying Nipa or Rattan baskets and getting rice crops from the ground. Probably not.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
I just mean it'd be really hard to make those type of curves on a steep hill. The closest thing I know of that could get you close to that is Weber's Boulders n' Brush. But the textures wouldn't really look right. They're mossy on top and rocky on the side.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Since May I've started a rice paddy workbench and just haven't gotten back to it. Here's another rice paddy image taken from Bing's main page a week or so ago:

[Image: hyq4.jpg]

It's called Longsheng Rice Terraces but I couldn't find out where it was. I think it's quite unearthly, yet restful at the same time.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.