Sky editing

Hey,

Does anyone know how you can edit or mod the sky in rct3, so the sky will look more realistic?

Thanks in advance,

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

You can make a sky dome using CS, or you can use some after effects.

In RCT3, use Dasmatze's Background Boxes and place a box around the part of the shot you want to replace. If you are using anti-aliasing, choose a color that is most opposite from the skyline. If you're not, it shouldn't matter what color you use.

After you take your screenshot, you should have a regular picture with a solid colored sky. Now use Photoshop (If you want to know how to get it, PM me), and open the picture. In the menu bar, click Select > Color Range. Then click on the color of the picture that you want as the sky, and change the fuzziness until you get the right result. Then click okay.

Now you will have a perfect selection of the sky. Unlock the background layer and then click the delete button. Then you'll have a grid behind your picture. Go on the internet and find a replacement sky that best fits your image.

Right click and copy the image and paste it into Photoshop. Move the sky layer behind the original, and save it as an image (I prefer PNG). Then you're all done!
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Thank you man! That helps alot Biggrin

Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

I don't understand how I add new sky....

Could you please explain it in a other way or something....
I'm a bit stuck when I've done the fuzziness..

Check out my stuff

I'll show you how to make this:

[Image: hTPbkr3.jpg]

Video Tutorial:

Awesome picture! But it doesn't really help Frown

Check out my stuff

I'm putting together a video in which I posted that picture as the result.

Alright, it's ready.
I've been wondering why someone would want to do this but looking at the picture http://i.imgur.com/hTPbkr3.jpg I see it really does make a difference. I'm completely happy with the skies as they appear in RCT3 but this is something I just might try.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.