NEWS Theme Park Studio on Kickstarter

Yes, toothpaste's comments are reminiscent of Photoshop, aren't they? My graphics card comes with a feature allowing windows to be snapped to various grids. I've never found the need to use it, though. And if TPS are planning a pixel or XY snap in place of a grid, surely they realize placing something using a grid is much quicker than calculating an alternative.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

How about a grid, where you can place it on the lines, with snapping an option, so if you want precise placing, it won't be really annoying. Or you can select a place with no snapping or anything, and you can make mini-grids in the squares if you want to place tiles of objects. Also, the ability to rotate the object in degrees to your liking would be nice. Then if you click on an existing object, like RCT3 it shows the options. RCT3 has colors and the delete button, but this game you can edit the degrees, change the position, or duplicate it too. And when your placing objects, you can draw a path along the ground with something like Photoshop's pen tool, and repeat the object along the line with a box to change the amount of scatter. That'd be great for making hedges or some other kind of landscaping. Also, I like the idea of a brush tool, where there are tick-boxes next to each object in the scenery list, and you can select some and press the brush button. Then have options for scatter, variation, size, and how much of each object you want using a slider.

Okay, well, most people wouldn't need all this stuff, so you can turn on or off advanced editing in the options panel, so you don't have to look at all that mess if you don't want. But me being me, I like to get everything to the extreme, and if it takes a little learning skills, I'll say Challenge Accepted.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
(Apr 24, 2013, 05:08 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: How about a grid, where you can place it on the lines, with snapping an option, so if you want precise placing, it won't be really annoying. Or you can select a place with no snapping or anything, and you can make mini-grids in the squares if you want to place tiles of objects. Also, the ability to rotate the object in degrees to your liking would be nice. Then if you click on an existing object, like RCT3 it shows the options. RCT3 has colors and the delete button, but this game you can edit the degrees, change the position, or duplicate it too. And when your placing objects, you can draw a path along the ground with something like Photoshop's pen tool, and repeat the object along the line with a box to change the amount of scatter. That'd be great for making hedges or some other kind of landscaping. Also, I like the idea of a brush tool, where there are tick-boxes next to each object in the scenery list, and you can select some and press the brush button. Then have options for scatter, variation, size, and how much of each object you want using a slider.

Okay, well, most people wouldn't need all this stuff, so you can turn on or off advanced editing in the options panel, so you don't have to look at all that mess if you don't want. But me being me, I like to get everything to the extreme, and if it takes a little learning skills, I'll say Challenge Accepted.

I think this would be ideal. Grid + optional snapping would be awesome. After having RCT3 for so long without any updates for ages I really would love to see as many options as possible.
(Apr 24, 2013, 05:08 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: How about a grid, where you can place it on the lines, with snapping an option, so if you want precise placing, it won't be really annoying. Or you can select a place with no snapping or anything, and you can make mini-grids in the squares if you want to place tiles of objects. Also, the ability to rotate the object in degrees to your liking would be nice. Then if you click on an existing object, like RCT3 it shows the options. RCT3 has colors and the delete button, but this game you can edit the degrees, change the position, or duplicate it too. And when your placing objects, you can draw a path along the ground with something like Photoshop's pen tool, and repeat the object along the line with a box to change the amount of scatter. That'd be great for making hedges or some other kind of landscaping. Also, I like the idea of a brush tool, where there are tick-boxes next to each object in the scenery list, and you can select some and press the brush button. Then have options for scatter, variation, size, and how much of each object you want using a slider.

Brilliant! If I didn't use all this stuff all of the time I would certainly use most of this stuff most of the time. Challenge accepted.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

[Image: Theme_Park_Studio_Logo_small_er.jpg]

B&M Inverted Coaster

[Image: Render-01_small.jpg]

[Image: render02_small.jpg]

[Image: render03_small.jpg]

[Image: Rendre_small.png]

[Image: Rendu02_small.png]
[Image: Theme_Park_Studio_Logo_small_er.jpg]

Intamin Hyper Coaster

[Image: intamin_01_small.jpg]

[Image: intamin_07_small.jpg]

[Image: intamin_08_small.jpg]
Drool over cars...

Rage over tracks...
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
[Image: null_zpsea2b211c.jpg]
I'm gonna back them!! That looks so amazing :O.... Even better than NoLimits...

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

[Image: Theme_Park_Studio_Logo_Square.jpg]

Theme Park Studio has funded! If you missed the opportunity on Kickstarter, you can still contribute/pre-order at funding.themeparkstudio.com.

Here's the final Kickstarter update. This includes a "first look" at the park guests; when Theme Park Studio ships, it will include a wide variety of guests.

Quote:Theme Park Studio is fully customizable. The sidewalk fences and path textures can be changed. You can create and import new textures. You can select any tree or object to be automatically added when the paths are designed.

One of our goals with Theme Park Studio is to make the game as easy or as advanced as you want it to be. The only limitation is your imagination!

[Image: screen13_small.jpg]

[Image: screen10_small.jpg]

[Image: screen9_small.jpg]

[Image: Screen4_small.jpg]

[Image: Screen1_small.jpg]