Brookwood Gardens (RCT2)

Brookwood Gardens is home to many transport rides, including two sets of double-tracked trams. On the east side of the park, we have the Eastern Tram Lines. This is the northern entrance to the Eastern Tram Lines, which is located directly across from Old Mill Mishap and is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the park entrance. We know the log ride is due north, but what is that other water ride due east..?

[Image: UxJJjhL.jpg]
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Great project Terry! Smile
[Image: HnAiYLa.png]
Thanks, NieSch! You'll enjoy this update because this is the part of the park where most guests purchase their balloons.

One of the many things that the Eastern Tram Lines run past on their scenic longitudinal park tour is one of Brookwood Gardens' many illustrious food courts. The food apparently tastes like cardboard with corn syrup, but the buildings are nice to look at.

[Image: 5PW94Ye.jpg]

Not quite as interesting without scenery, but you can see the variety of food guests may choose from when entering a food court like this one. What you can't see is the B grade signs posted on each shop wall, which is upsetting to the Brookwood Gardens staff because this is the first year they've ever received a grade that high.

[Image: MB21bs3.jpg]

A few rides can easily be seen in these aerial photos: Crazy Carousel, which is actually a fairly sane carousel, and the House of Distortion, which is much crazier than the Crazy Carousel. The executives at Brookwood Gardens realized this, and they considered renaming it "Rational Carousel" to reflect its mental stability rather than mislabel it as out of its mind, but ultimately decided after several inconclusive votes that the new name didn't have the same ring to it.

And what's this.... another glimpse of a water ride? Or just a camera trick to fool fervent viewers?
¡Viva Mexico!
I love the narration you give for this tour we're on, great job with both it and the park itself m8
Team CoasterTech

Glad you like the narration! The CEO is paying one dollar above minimum wage per year to be the spokesperson of Brookwood Gardens. Since I'm also the CEO, it's all I can afford to pay, so I'm also glad you like the park!

Groundskeeper's Garage is a gentle car ride where riders cruise through an arboretum in miniature 1930's-style convertibles.

[Image: 4lOnxEY.jpg]

[Image: 7Tb3Odn.jpg]

For the first years of operation, the cars were gasoline-powered, similar to Disneyland's Autopia, but they weren't manufactured very well and would frequently stall and overheat, causing road rage between riders. Since the ride opened in the late 1950s, road rage consisted of "Goose it or get bent, knucklehead!" followed by the old one-two, so the park management eventually swapped the gasoline power with electric power and changed the ride to move at a fixed speed around the track. It is the oldest of four fixed-speed car rides in the park.

The Brookwood Express track can be seen in these images, as can the Eastern Tram Lines, along with the aforementioned House of Distortion, which can ironically be used as a reference point in relation to the previous screenshots.
You can even spot a glimpse of a go-kart track if you look closely enough.
¡Viva Mexico!
Rider 1- "Goose it or get bent, knucklehead! I'll give ya the old one-two if ya don't haul yer keester outta here!"
Rider2 - "Hey, hey just don't worry about it my engine seems to be a little overheated. Now listen yous just gonna keep yer trap shut back there or my friends'l come clean up the "mess" k pally?"

My image of usual confrontations on the Groundskeeper's Garage in the 50's
Team CoasterTech

That's a pretty accurate representation of what riding Groundskeeper's Garage was like in its early days. No other amusement park ride generated as much animosity between riders as that one did, and the language and hostility were almost inexplicable, considering that most of the riders were children.

Jungle Adventure, the second oldest water ride in the park, takes place in--you guessed it--a jungle.

[Image: S6nULcz.jpg]

[Image: CDXmMz3.jpg]

"Jungle Adventure" was not the original name of the ride, but after a passenger died on the ride of unrelated causes, park management felt the name "Watery Grave" was no longer appropriate. The donut shop in the food court across from the ride entrance was closed by the health department as a result following the incident, but reopened two months later after posting an FDA warning and agreeing to eliminate their policy of throwing old, discarded donuts back into the fryer.

When the following photograph was released, conspiracy theorists were all over it. Many who were on low-resolution monitors believed that the light-blue figure at the very bottom of the image near the center was an out-of-this-world visitor. 

[Image: AMQGSyl.jpg]

These viewers were advised to view the image in higher resolution and zoom in on the mysterious figure. When it was revealed that the "extraterrestrial" was just the top of a fountain obscuring a person's entire body except for his head, most of the theories quickly died down. Giorgio Tsoukalos still isn't 100% convinced.
¡Viva Mexico!
And thus the next generation of the mafia was born thanks to Groundskeeper's Garage xD

Great park, is that a looping coaster I see in one of the pics though?
Team CoasterTech

That would explain all the dark-haired men in suits entering the small building to the left of the station. Usually only mobsters enter buildings that don't have doors.
The answer to your question can be found in the Brookwood Gardens teaser.

The location of this fictitious park is Oklahoma, near the Wichita Mountains.

One thing many people in Oklahoma enjoy is go-kart racing, and Overdrive Junction was the first motor speedway built in Brookwood Gardens. A second go-kart track was built on the other side of the park in the late 90s.

[Image: 4CkD5V8.jpg]

[Image: FblJ9O2.jpg]

[Image: 6dFNrss.jpg]

Riders have been known to leap from their karts to try and land on the trains that pass underneath the speedway, despite a rule specifically prohibiting it. Some riders leap onto the train tracks when there isn't even a train in sight, which has baffled park management for decades. The covers added to the train cars in 2002 have deterred most of the leapers, although some zealous thrill seekers still jump. Since the covers are made of woven polypropylene with small springs attached, those who land on the train now will bounce off and faceplant into a tree or the fake city hall building.

These mischievous patrons haven't given up yet. Although there is also a rule specifically prohibiting guests from bringing cookies onto the speedway, nobody really checks riders' pockets for cookies anymore, so when a train passes, they throw their cookie and see if they can land it in the train. While some train passengers don't mind baked oatmeal raisin to the back of the head, most of them find it quite irritating, so now all cookies sold in Brookwood Gardens are soft-baked to maximize air resistance and increase the possibility of mid-air disintegration.
¡Viva Mexico!
Anyone plant coins on the rails to de-rail it? That'd quite a terrible thing to happen in an amusement park I must say... This narration is quite good Biggrin
Team CoasterTech