Waldafur - Round 272 Winner

@Vanellope - So get better, learn from the past. These are options you have at your disposal, if you stop complaining about it and just do it you'd have both entered and won by now.
Team CoasterTech

Well done Antonov, your coaster was a lovely entry. The strong point for me is a lovely setting where everything looked like it belonged. Well done, and richly deserved.

As an aside I've only been here a few weeks but I'm a little perturbed at the talk surrounding winning / losing / voting on Build It.

It's clear there are two things you cannot control - the perspective of the voters and the quality of the other entries. You can control the quality of your entry - make it the best you possibly can.

To enter Build It, one should not 'expect' a win but they should feel their coaster stacks up to other comparable entries and should see it as a wonderful opportunity for constructive criticism which whether they accept or reject, hopefully they reflect on it.

Part of me wishes there was something more newbie friendly, but even then we'd hear the same concerns. Build It is meant to be good, it's meant to be 'wow'.

I'd suggest developing creators could start a thread in the forums showing their wip and asking for feedback which would cover people like me (hey, I've managed to connect all these track pieces) to wonderful creators who are just on the cusp of Build It quality.

Although some people are already ready - just like Antonov. What a wonderful introduction from you!
This looks like it would be hard to beat though
Well, knowing how the mental state of the past couple rounds with RCT3 in 'em, I would say that you are correct. We have not had very many spectacular RCT3 entries in a while, unfortunately.

Waldafur and RealCoasterTrack's stuff are the best we have at this moment. Hopefully that will change for the better, perhaps.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Just because it's hard to beat doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't try. Complaining about how you aren't good enough at present isn't going to change anything.
Team CoasterTech

(Sep 16, 2017, 11:24 PM)BlazingEmpireHD Wrote: Well, knowing how the mental state of the past couple rounds with RCT3 in 'em, I would say that you are correct. We have not had very many spectacular RCT3 entries in a while, unfortunately.

Waldafur and RealCoasterTrack's stuff are the best we have at this moment. Hopefully that will change for the better, perhaps.
It is quite a shame there aren't many legendary RCT3 players left still playing I hope to see some new amazing faces in the RCT3 world soon! Personally, I don't think RCT3 will ever completely die at least not in me, but the community certanly isn't in its golden ages anymore
[Image: Youtube_Banner_2.png]
(Sep 17, 2017, 04:04 AM)Antonov-225 Wrote: It is quite a shame there aren't many legendary RCT3 players left still playing I hope to see some new amazing faces in the RCT3 world soon! Personally, I don't think RCT3 will ever completely die at least not in me, but the community certanly isn't in its golden ages anymore

Many RCT3 players moved to Planet Coaster, so that's probably why RCT3 is kinda dying. Also, I would like to do more RCT3 stuff, I only did one NCS coaster that won Build-It! However, because of my studies, I don't really have time to spend time for a RCT3 Youtube serie. Probably the best thing I should do is just to build my park without showing it on Youtube if I want to see progress on it.
Trying to make an inspiring park or coaster.
(Sep 17, 2017, 02:01 PM)SupraTheHedgehog Wrote:
(Sep 17, 2017, 04:04 AM)Antonov-225 Wrote: It is quite a shame there aren't many legendary RCT3 players left still playing I hope to see some new amazing faces in the RCT3 world soon! Personally, I don't think RCT3 will ever completely die at least not in me, but the community certanly isn't in its golden ages anymore

Many RCT3 players moved to Planet Coaster, so that's probably why RCT3 is kinda dying. Also, I would like to do more RCT3 stuff, I only did one NCS coaster that won Build-It! However, because of my studies, I don't really have time to spend time for a RCT3 Youtube serie. Probably the best thing I should do is just to build my park without showing it on Youtube if I want to see progress on it.
Yeah, it does take forever to make RCT3 projects, and it takes forever to make the video, I spent a couple days recording Waldafur and 5+ months making the project since April where it was getting to around 5 fps which made it extremely stressful and exhausting which meant at times it felt like a chore and the only reason I kept going was because of Silvercrest 1 year old plus videos for inspiration so I can definitely see why into everyone would be able to as much dedication as me into a project in RCT3 which I feel like what has caused the down lower quality from a lot of recent projects and there hasn't been to many people to look up to recently which could have also had a part in the recent downfall in RCT3.
[Image: Youtube_Banner_2.png]
(Sep 16, 2017, 11:51 PM)ChrisMDB Wrote: Just because it's hard to beat doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't try. Complaining about how you aren't good enough at present isn't going to change anything.

VERY wise advice that holds true for all aspects of life and not just "The Build It! Competition".
If one ONLY goes against those equal to or below your level...that is where you'll stay. Going against those better than you gives one the incentive to improve!

CONGRATULATIONS Antonov-225!!!!!
I kind of have to agree with Chris here. One of the best things you can do is try, and if you try harder and harder with each criticism, you will eventually get to the point where you will win. All you have to do is put in the effort for that goal. Can you do it?
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!