RCT2 Hard Hat Area

Gone are the days of building a coaster in four hours and then immediately submitting it into Build It.

Since I switched to OpenRCT2 earlier this year, my projects have become significantly more detailed and thus require far more time to build. The upside to this long construction time is that I can actually show the gradual progress, which I intend to do with all of my current and future large-scale projects. Or at least like 30% of them.

The current coaster in development is a landscape-oriented B&M Hyper built somewhere in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. "Sierra Nevada Coaster" sounded better than the other names I had originally come up with.

[Image: mZcVhZg.jpg]

This one uses quarter-tile land blocks almost excessively. 
You can see how haphazard the landscape appears without scenery:

[Image: NeyJKO0.jpg]

And a closer shot of the creek-in-progress:

[Image: nd5HAZS.jpg]

More will be revealed when more of it is actually built.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Wow. I am really impressed and quite excited to see where this goes! It looks amazing as it stands right now. Are we looking at another design entry? Wink
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
This is why I hardly ever enter Build-it's.
User Thread: https://forums.rctgo.com/thread-23653-po...#pid133975
Im working on some coasters that may give the RCT2 players a run for their money
You know, you might get a little more respect and recognition if you had a avatar pic. When I see someone without a picture, I instantly go past it.

Just a little pro-tip courtesy of Maverick360!
Add me on any of these sites!

Steam:
XGN | Maverick360
Discord: Maverick360 #6799
Gmail: [email protected]
Youtube: Maverick360
When I said "long construction time", this was not meant as an understatement. Building with land blocks seriously takes forever.

At the beginning of Year 89, this is the current state of the map...

[Image: hmVqU3V.jpg]

Almost all of the guide paths have been "peeled off" of the custom path tiles beneath them, with the exception of a few ride paths that are still in use as placeholders.

(this is what it looked with the functional part of the footpaths visible):

[Image: zx8rA5K.jpg]

The terrain in this corner of the map is ideally what it will look like throughout the rest of the map:

[Image: uQ9w3GB.jpg]

Development has also begun on smaller rides and attractions. After all, B&M Hypers tend to have height limits.

[Image: WJiVhXH.jpg]

As for foliage, that's at least 100 more years away.
¡Viva Mexico!
Once again, there's some incredible work here. I can't wait to see this finished, Terry! Even if it takes 200 more ingame years! Wink
It very well might take 200 more ingame years at this rate. It's already 100 years in, and only about 1/3 of the terraforming is done. And that doesn't even take foliage into consideration.

However, before any more large-scale landscaping is done, architecture is the top priority.

Here are some buildings--a fancy burger place, a restroom, and a souvenir shop--built in the mountain contemporary style that will be used throughout the park:

[Image: VhRd4E7.jpg]

"Be sure to get my good side" -- Restroom 2

[Image: ocqW7gj.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Lovely, just lovely. I want to go to these building so bad. Once again, excellent work Terry.
4 Build it Wins!!! Thanks to everyone who voted for me!!!
Current Project: Learn how to use Parkitect
I can't deny it. This is very very good and you're the second fastest, if not, you've finally claimed the 'Fastest Improver' award from me. Simply amazing work, Terry! Your work has gotten to an even more sophisticated level, I can't keep up! 

Keep it up!