RCT2 Hard Hat Area

The Jamaican RMC is now available for download!

https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/obeah-a...iver.19158

Arizona's Oasis, meanwhile, has reached year 160, so the public should have some idea of where the (privately invested) construction dollars are going.

Rattler has received the most attention recently, and though its environment is still unfinished, it is now fully supported (the second coaster in the park to achieve this distinction).

The station is already looking less like a generic coaster station and more like an aptly-themed coaster station.

Construction is also underway in KidZone, with a couple buildings in place and a few dainty supports on the E&F Miler.

A few structures have also sprung up in Sunset Plaza (the main entrance area), such as the carousel...

...the Oasis Skyline front station...

...this restroom with a draft problem (foreground: Dogg Station hot dogs and a clocktower that will be raised in due time)...

...and the unapologetically bulky arcade (featuring Bump 'n' Splash and Pinnacle Peak Plunge in the background).

Aside from a slight retooling of the lazy river, the water park has remained completely untouched for over 100 years.

You may not be able to see the dust from this distance, but it's there. I guarantee you it's there.
[Image: 7sFmb4x.jpg]
¡Viva Mexico!
Terry this all looks fantastic. Glad to see a better look at this project!
I haven't been building much in the past 6 months--Arizona's Oasis is basically on hold--but a few new things have sprung up during this period. The best time to start a new project is when you have an existing project to avoid, so here are some coasters that may or may not be finished before the end of the year.

The Oregon Coast woodie has not been abandoned. If I finish just one project in 2020, this will be it.

My unfinished NEDC (New Element District of Columbia) entry, set on a terraformed planet with 1950s sci-fi motifs. This contest involved taking a premade layout and building its surroundings, so unlike the other coasters here, I did not build this track. 

This Mack Launch coaster has been sitting here for a while, but I haven't fully abandoned it yet. There's a chance that I could turn it into something somewhat interesting.

If I can find the time to finish those, I also recently built this massive Invert... with a vertical drop?!?!

And though I will definitely not finish this any time soon, here's a much-too-early look at to my next project... a map so big, not even the farthest zoom level can capture the entire thing (though the park itself will fit into the green area).

¡Viva Mexico!
Looks like you have some good projects to work on in the near future! Especially like the NE District of Columbia project.
Resuming regularly scheduled programming!
Three years minus ten days since my last post, and this thread has become a museum of old, abandoned projects.

Since the Raspberry Acres era, I've found much less time to build, but I have completed a handful of small projects--mostly single-coaster maps--since my previous update. They just don't happen to be any that have appeared in this thread at any point.

With a single exception...

Quote:The Oregon Coast woodie has not been abandoned. If I finish just one project in 2020, this will be it.

And I did! This fine hunk o' wood found its way to a completed state in September of 2020, which is ridiculous to think about because if you had asked me about it, I would have probably replied, "oh yeah, I finished that maybe a year ago". I correctly predicted that it would literally be the only project I finished during that particular year.

As for larger parks, I've started a few maps over the past three years that I do intend to finish before I'm 30, which is two years and two days away from today, so the deadline I've given myself actually requires some sort of time commitment for once. Much like Raspberry Acres, none of the following three will use any custom content.

Six Flags Las Vegas
My first attempt at a Six Flags build of any kind, this map will feature classic SF themed areas built with nothing but Chris Sawyer's scenery pieces and rides. Should be completed by the end of 2023, but it has taken me over two years just to get this far, so it will depend on how much RCT time I find this year. I'll pull an Oregon's Palisade and say that if I finish just one project in 2023, this will be it.

Lake Flange
More of an "un-theme park", this gritty little small-town map began as an exercise in cramming rides together realistically in a difficult landscape without sacrificing aesthetics. The goal I've set is to feature 25 rides (at least 20 of them actually guest-accessible) and still retain the atmosphere of a quiet, small-town park. Should appear sometime in the first half of 2024.

Unnamed California coastal map
Another exercise in building parks in unusual but realistic landscapes, this cliffside adventure is too early in its development to even have a name. Unlike the others, however, this one will feature interactive surroundings such as traffic, businesses, and houses. As many parks on California's coast are crammed into very small spaces, this one aims to capture the atmosphere of this setting without actually building any part of the park itself on the beach. I don't anticipate finishing this in 2024 since other projects will inevitably pop up, and this could take up to 200 years, but I hope to bring it fully to life no later than Christmas 2025.

However, even with all these new maps in the works, there is one park that I could not abandon after so many (almost two) years of sporadic work...

Arizona's Oasis
On hold for over two years because I couldn't get it to look right, I finally overhauled the entire map last year and restarted fresh with more breathing room and a new color palette, changing some coaster layouts completely and leaving others almost identical. As this map will use mostly custom scenery, much of which is quarter-tile and smaller, I will be well into my thirties by the time this is finished, but it will be worth it to finally see this vision from 2018 finally alive and moving like a real park.

More updates to come this year. No more three-year gaps from hereon out.
¡Viva Mexico!