Who Still Plays RCT3 in 2019?

(Jun 29, 2019, 04:06 AM)Riverwillows Wrote: I have for years. Just wish there were some more new stuff.

I wish there was an easier way to make Custiom Scenery.

(Jun 29, 2019, 04:06 AM)Riverwillows Wrote: I have for years. Just wish there were some more new stuff.

I think you have to have a picture of what the path will look like such as a Jpg or stones or cement etc. and then follow the instructions that come with it.  I haven't had the time to mess with it, but when I get the time I'd like to make some special paths.
What would reallly be cool, retsarge, is if you could make paths to match the vanilla queues. Someone already did the Adventure path, and it'd be cool to have that for the other queues. Especially the halloween one. (hint hint)!
Can anyone tutor/help me with Path Creator?
(Jun 29, 2019, 09:01 PM)Riverwillows Wrote: What would reallly be cool, retsarge, is if you could make paths to match the vanilla queues. Someone already did the Adventure path, and it'd be cool to have that for the other queues. Especially the halloween one. (hint hint)!

I will see what I can do, It sounds like a lot of fun.
Smile I still do every day!. I have purchased RCT World. But I really, really don't like it. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is soooo much better.
I think they should have just improved on this game instead of going off on a tangent and creating a totally different game. Only thing that bothers me is the fireworks. I could never figure out how to change the direction the fireworks go. I can change the one arrow but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to lay that second arrow down to get the fireworks to go across the screen instead of just upwards. Like in Captain Blackhearts Cove in RCT3 Soaked. The very first scenario in Soaked.

Can anyone help me with this? The tutorial doesn't say anything about how to re-direct the fireworks. And in the 2 expansions I have seen no tutorial whatsoever regarding fireworks. Just the added lasers and water jets. It is driving me batty trying everything I can think of but nothing seems to get that darn second arrow to lay down. LOL

Believe it or not I am 65 years young and I still play this every day. I even finally uploaded a Winter/Christmas scene. I believe it is really cool. I have put a sled trail in and the sleds actually have the appearance of "Skidding" around the curve at the bottom. I even used the Hover Board and made a Snow Board jump, just like a ski jump but with a Snowboard. I have mostly all of the vehicles "Driving" on the roads I have made. There are crosswalks and stop lights (With the timer track on the vehicle tracks that have that option.) Too bad I could not use the timer tracks for all of the vehicles so they could stop at the traffic lights/intersections.

I of course was limited by what the authors of these most wonderful MODs have created. KUDOS! to all of them. I have so many mods that it takes around 10 minutes for my (I think) awesome system to load. I have a self configured system.

Intel Quad core processor running at 3GHz
Nvidia GT 680 Video card
16 GB Memory
Creative SB Recon sound card
3TB Hard Drive
Blue Ray Disc Burner

I just wish I was half as smart as some of you out there. Shy, Imageneer John and a whole lot more of you! I just love all of the MODs. Please keep up the good work. I really, really, appreciate all of the long hours and hard work you guys have put into these mods. Especially the scripting. If I could afford to, I would donate a whole lot of money for your hard work. And I sure hope that everyone that can afford it are doing this.

Thank you all from the bottom of this old heart!

(May 10, 2019, 03:18 PM)Darknight97 Wrote: I play both as well. Currently working on a Universal Studios Florida Recreation in Rct3.

Tongue All right! My family and I go to Universal Studios every October or November. We just love it. The Hulk, The Mummy etc. are just amazing rides. We like going in October for Halloween. It is just awesome after hours. Yes, it costs extra to come back that night, but man! It is so worth it. If you have never done this, my advice is GO FOR IT! I promise, you will not regret it.

I can't wait to download your park.
First to Terminator3d3700 I am 74 years young and have tried both of the others and I am with you, Atari  needs to improve on RCT3 instead of going off on another tangent. 
Riverwillows  If I can find a addon to Sketchup I should be able to do what you would like, make  paths to match the vanilla ques, but when my computer crashed a year ago I lost the addon that I had and can't seem to be able to find in on line anywhere.  I'm still looking though.  Fear not I don't give up.
Retsarge
(Jul 20, 2019, 12:12 PM)terminator3d3700 Wrote: Smile I still do every day!. I have purchased RCT World. But I really, really don't like it. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is soooo much better.
I think they should have just improved on this game instead of going off on a tangent and creating a totally different game. Only thing that bothers me is the fireworks. I could never figure out how to change the direction the fireworks go. I can change the one arrow but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to lay that second arrow down to get the fireworks to go across the screen instead of just upwards. Like in Captain Blackhearts Cove in RCT3 Soaked. The very first scenario in Soaked.

Can anyone help me with this? The tutorial doesn't say anything about how to re-direct the fireworks. And in the 2 expansions I have seen no tutorial whatsoever regarding fireworks. Just the added lasers and water jets. It is driving me batty trying everything I can think of but nothing seems to get that darn second arrow to lay down. LOL

Believe it or not I am 65 years young and I still play this every day. I even finally uploaded a Winter/Christmas scene. I believe it is really cool. I have put a sled trail in and the sleds actually have the appearance of "Skidding" around the curve at the bottom. I even used the Hover Board and made a Snow Board jump, just like a ski jump but with a Snowboard. I have mostly all of the vehicles "Driving" on the roads I have made. There are crosswalks and stop lights (With the timer track on the vehicle tracks that have that option.) Too bad I could not use the timer tracks for all of the vehicles so they could stop at the traffic lights/intersections.

I of course was limited by what the authors of these most wonderful MODs have created. KUDOS! to all of them. I have so many mods that it takes around 10 minutes for my (I think) awesome system to load. I have a self configured system.

Intel Quad core processor running at 3GHz
Nvidia GT 680 Video card
16 GB Memory
Creative SB Recon sound card
3TB Hard Drive
Blue Ray Disc Burner

I just wish I was half as smart as some of you out there. Shy, Imageneer John and a whole lot more of you! I just love all of the MODs. Please keep up the good work. I really, really, appreciate all of the long hours and hard work you guys have put into these mods. Especially the scripting. If I could afford to, I would donate a whole lot of money for your hard work. And I sure hope that everyone that can afford it are doing this.

Thank you all from the bottom of this old heart!

(May 10, 2019, 03:18 PM)Darknight97 Wrote: I play both as well. Currently working on a Universal Studios Florida Recreation in Rct3.

Tongue All right! My family and I go to Universal Studios every October or November. We just love it. The Hulk, The Mummy etc. are just amazing rides. We like going in October for Halloween. It is just awesome after hours. Yes, it costs extra to come back that night, but man! It is so worth it. If you have never done this, my advice is GO FOR IT! I promise, you will not regret it.

I can't wait to download your park.
(Jun 30, 2019, 03:51 PM)Retsarge Wrote:
(Jun 29, 2019, 09:01 PM)Riverwillows Wrote: What would reallly be cool, retsarge, is if you could make paths to match the vanilla queues. Someone already did the Adventure path, and it'd be cool to have that for the other queues. Especially the halloween one. (hint hint)!

I will see what I can do, It sounds like a lot of fun.

Hi Retsarge,

I am guessing that your handle means you are a retired Sergeant? I also am a Retired SSG US Army. Retired in Jan 1994. If you are a retired Sergeant then I thank you and commend you for "Sticking" it out. I for one, don't care for the Vietnam Veterans, Don't get me wrong. Yes, most of them were drafted. This is why I don't particularly care for them. Most of them didn't want to be there and despised the government for drafting them. And,of-course, did not mean the words they said while taking the OATH to join the forces of this country.  But, by gum by golly, they sure take advantage now don't they. Free food on Veteran's day. It used to make me really mad when the American people spit on them and called them baby killers. I just wish that the movie "American Sniper" came out back then. Then the American people would have understood why women and children were killed. All those druggies back then really made me mad.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart to those Vietnam Veterans that took the oath seriously. Even in the days I was active duty I could tell the difference of a soldier that actually meant what he/she said while quoting the OATH, "I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard our country and our way of life. I AM PREPARED TO GIVE MY LIFE IN THEIR DEFENSE." How many men and now women actually mean this and are not just saying it because it is required to join the military services of this great country? When I joined in 1973 there was still a Womens' Army Corp. They disbanded and became part of the U.S. Army in 1974. That is why I did not say "an American fighting person"
(Jul 20, 2019, 12:48 PM)terminator3d3700 Wrote:
(Jun 30, 2019, 03:51 PM)Retsarge Wrote: I will see what I can do, It sounds like a lot of fun.

Hi Retsarge,

I am guessing that your handle means you are a retired Sergeant? I also am a Retired SSG US Army. Retired in Jan 1994. If you are a retired Sergeant then I thank you and commend you for "Sticking" it out. I for one, don't care for the Vietnam Veterans, Don't get me wrong. Yes, most of them were drafted. This is why I don't particularly care for them. Most of them didn't want to be there and despised the government for drafting them. And,of-course, did not mean the words they said while taking the OATH to join the forces of this country.  But, by gum by golly, they sure take advantage now don't they. Free food on Veteran's day. It used to make me really mad when the American people spit on them and called them baby killers. I just wish that the movie "American Sniper" came out back then. Then the American people would have understood why women and children were killed. All those druggies back then really made me mad.

I apologize from the bottom of my heart to those Vietnam Veterans that took the oath seriously. Even in the days I was active duty I could tell the difference of a soldier that actually meant what he/she said while quoting the OATH, "I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard our country and our way of life. I AM PREPARED TO GIVE MY LIFE IN THEIR DEFENSE." How many men and now women actually mean this and are not just saying it because it is required to join the military services of this great country? When I joined in 1973 there was still a Womens' Army Corp. They disbanded and became part of the U.S. Army in 1974. That is why I did not say "an American fighting person"

yes, your right I'm a retired Master Sergeant in the USAF Security Police.  I was in active duty during the Vietnam war, but didn't serve in country.  I wias with the B-52's on Guam that were bombing the DMZ In 1964.  I'm not a combat vet, and the only time I was shot at was right here in the U.S on a Titan II Missile site in Arizona.  I was called a lot of names back then and I am proud of the guys and gals that were true to the colors.  It makes me happy to see how our troops are treated now.  Thanks for your service and If I can be of any help let me know.

retsarge
(Jul 21, 2019, 02:37 PM)Retsarge Wrote:
(Jul 20, 2019, 12:48 PM)terminator3d3700 Wrote: Hi Retsarge,

yes, your right I'm a retired Master Sergeant in the USAF Security Police.  I was in active duty during the Vietnam war, but didn't serve in country.  I wias with the B-52's on Guam that were bombing the DMZ In 1964.  I'm not a combat vet, and the only time I was shot at was right here in the U.S on a Titan II Missile site in Arizona.  I was called a lot of names back then and I am proud of the guys and gals that were true to the colors.  It makes me happy to see how our troops are treated now.  Thanks for your service and If I can be of any help let me know.

retsarge
I am happy to see your response. I also served during Vietnam. I only had go through 4 weeks of combat training.  We only went through the combat portion of training because we were supposed to go to Vietnam. We did weapons and combat tactics. Not all of the other stuff like how to march and all of that. But, by the time we finished our training the war was over.

Back to the game. What I would like help with is how to get the fireworks to go across the screen instead of just up. I think the fireworks in the first scenario of Soaked, Captain Blackhearts cove are just so cool. Just like a real battle. But I cannot get the fireworks to do this. I have tried everything I can think of. I just can't get that second arrow to lay down. LOL

Any help you can give would be ery much appreciated.
(May 15, 2019, 03:30 PM)Maddox121 Wrote: Get it on steam... or just pirate.

Frown Please do not take this the wrong way but I personally don't like people that Pirate games or anything else. The people that designed and developed these games work hard and long hours. I believe that they deserve their money.  I hate the Torrent sites for this. Do you not work hard for your money? How would you like it if someone else pirated your money?

Just think about it for a while. You expect your paycheck but your boss says he is sorry but some else got it. There are many dishonest people out there. They are the reason that prices go up. Too much stealing so the businesses need to make up that loss by increasing prices.

Once again I apologize. This doesn't mean it IS you. But, even to suggest pirating is dishonest.

I say this because I once was one of those people that pirated. Back in the day when I was 17 and 18 years old I thought it was "Cool" to get games and other software without paying for it. I am an old Commodore 64 owner. "Fast Hack-em" was the bomb back then.  Just about everyone I knew used it. I have long since realized that I was actually stealing someone's pay. Someone that worked hard and very long hours without their family.

Sorry to sound so dramatic. But, in reality, this is true.
Yes, I do. I'm probably one of the people in the small minority that still plays this game from time to time. What I didn't understand when the game released is why so many people hated the game. Honestly, the hate that this game got from the original fans of the rct series was unnecessary. What's even more surprising is that people on steam are still posting reviews about this game! I was very genuinely surprised! A common compliant I hear about this game is that it's dated. While that is somewhat true, I strongly disagree with this. The waterfalls still look amazing, the fireworks look phenomenal, the water still looks incredibly realistic and the animals animations still look smooth. The only thing that hasn't aged well is the peeps. Everything else still looks good for an almost 15 year old game. I read a couple of posts above that he or she would like to see new content for the game. I definitely agree! New content would add a breath of fresh air to the game and would probably kick off a new life for rct3. I know 2 creators that are still making content for this game and it's amazing! I have planet coaster but every time I play for almost a half an hour, the game crashes on me. I probably need a new computer. Biggrin  Anyways, yeah, the small percentage of us that still play this amazing game are still hanging in there!