RCT3 Custom Scenery No :svd for :sid

(Sep 12, 2012, 03:55 PM)Blu Wrote: Hey this thread was posted on my birthday! Tongue

Happy birthday Blu!
Lol okay...
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Any fix for mac users?
Normally the "No :svd for :sid" error has two options why it happens and it doesnt matter if PC or MAC user:

1) wrong installed CS
2) corrupted CS (can happens sometimes infact of the packed files in a download)

Solutions:

1) check the readme again and check the folder again if everything is on the right place
2) simple download the file again, perhaps from a different site

BUT:
It seems that some CS sets are crashes more often on MAC systems than on PC's.
Why this happens isn't really clarified.
So all MAC users need some luck that a CSO works fine and without any problems.
I dont know if there is list somewhere, where all the not working cs sets are listed.

Remember, most of the time its a wrong installed CS-Set if this error appears!
And most it is the double folder problem (cso folder in each other and than the two importent ovl-files)
That allways happens if you use win-zip, that creates two folders with the same name in each other.
And if you put these folders right into the themed directory, than RCT3 cant find the ovl-files and gives this nice "No :svd for :sid" message.

Lg Cheleste
My Feedback can hurt like a
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4698]
(Apr 24, 2013, 02:26 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: Yeah. I hate Sid. HE CAN'T GET ENOUGH SVD!!! IF HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SVD HE FREEZES YOUR GAME!!!

AAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Tongue HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH same AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH
^
k. nice bump.
(Jun 23, 2015, 05:54 PM)Drew_ Wrote: ^
k. nice bump.

This thread has been bumped so much, it doesn't matter anymore...
Amusement Park/Roller Coaster Builder

I have some great rides made, and I post great roller coaster news!

Favorite steel coaster: Fury 325 at Carowinds
Favorite wood coaster: Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer.
Longest Line: 4 Hours for Millennium Force :P
HELP! Anytime I use custom scenery its says no :svd for sv something like that. HAve a mac book pro
(Oct 5, 2015, 04:33 PM)Stratocaster48 Wrote: HELP! Anytime I use custom scenery its says no :svd for sv something like that. HAve a mac book pro

I would start with this general link for tutorials on YouTube (people using Mac)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=RCT+3+Mac
(Apr 24, 2013, 01:01 PM)Mr.Bluebear Wrote: Try follow this method:
1. Download your custom scenery
2. Save it to the desktop
3. When extracting the WinRar file, instead of clicking the third option "Extract To," click the second option "Extract here"
4. Test it on RCT3. It should work with no error

I try it...and it worked....From Youtube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agykqHQEMTg

Don't help... . sorry .. anything else?