Fox Studios World, my second RCT2 park

Welcome to Fox Studios World

Well it's been on my shelf for a long time now, and it's finally time to get started on it (again).

As far as I know, there has been no RCT movie themed park using the (20th Century) Fox brand, so I consider it the first time it is being done. I have great plans for this park, and can't wait to get deep into its design. This will be my second ever custom park attempt.

Here are a few details on what I have planned:

Themed Areas:
Star Wars Galaxy - A section of park themed to the original Star Wars trilogy (I am not a fan of the newer trilogy). My planned signature ride will be a flying rollercoaster going through the Death Star trenches much like the climactic moments in Episode 4: A New Hope (the original Star Wars movie).
Thrill Sector - This area of the park will house the bulk of the thrill rides, including my most fondest idea, Behind Enemy Lines, a propelled inverted coaster that is launched off an aircraft carrier runnings its course over the lake and edging the mountainous terrain.
Old Tyme Exposition - A non-movie themed area mainly dedicated to traditional carnival and fairground rides.
Ice Age: Chill Zone- My kid's section of park themed to the popular Ice Age computer animated movie and its sequel.
Robot City - A second kid's section themed to my favourite computer animated movie, Robots.

So far, I've only got one screen shot to show you It's of the front of the park hotel, which will be used as one of the park entry points for peeps. As you can see, it's very early in the design process, and I'm still fooling around with the roadway, turnaround, and the parking lot. Even though it's still very much an "early draft", I thought I'd let everyone know what I'm working on, and see it from images of it from the very beginning.

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY SCREENSHOTS, or click on the banner below to visit my website.

While there, please take a moment to do the quick web poll on the website, which helps me focus on which RCT sites I should focus on.

Feedback is welcome.
[Image: forumbanner.gif]
Time for an update.

I've done some re-working of the hotel and surrounding area. I definitely think it is an improvement. In one screenshot is an overall image of the area. You can see the partially completed hotel. It uses a two-tone brown pattern with green segments (I may get rid of the green). To the upper-right of the image is the designated wheelchair parking spots. There is a large turnaround in the middle, with a walkway that gives peeps access from the edge of the screen into the park through the hotel main entrance. On the other side of the hotel is the main parking lot, which has been completely re-worked. I wanted to put some cars in various spots but it just didn't work well with the zero clearance feature.

The second screenshot is a closeup of the hotel. You can see more details such as the garden path, and the mini-waterfall.

Although the hotel is not complete, I think the area (roads, parking lot, turnaround, hotel) is much improved. I hope to have the area done in the next week.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY SCREENSHOTS, or click on my signature banner below to visit my website.

Couple of notes:
1. I know it is a slight inconvenience to go to my site in order to see the screenshots, but I post on numerous sites, so it is a lot easier for me to do it this way.
2. If you haven't done my quick little web poll on my site, please do so as it helps me figure out which RCT sites to focus on.

Feedback is appreciated.
Wow, the hotel is looking really nice already! Smile Very realistic. Great job!
@ Belloman: Thanks for the encouragement.

Got some progress to report:

I have added 3 new screenshots showing the progress I've made in the past few weeks.

First Screenshot (09251)
An overview of the entire resort area. The parking lot, resort itself are done. I've added a swimming pool (complete with deep end, diving board, and umbrella covers), set of 3 tennis courts, and a climbing wall (still tweaking that to make it look better).

Second Screenshot (09252)
A close-up of the park entrance. I tried to create a giant park sign that is reminiscent of the movie logo. I'm still working on it, as I find the sign too simple. It's far from finished.

Third Screenshot (09253)

Also far from finished, I'm putting in a kiss n' ride section for peeps to be dropped off. This will also be one of the entry points for peeps to come onto the grid.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SCREENSHOTS, or click on my banner signature below.

Feedback is appreciated.
It's been a long hiatus, but I have finally returned to resume where I left off. I'm almost done the parking lot, but I'm at an impasse over something. Need your opinions on something.

[Image: 0304091.jpg]
In this screenshot, the green area has some standard foliage on it... makes it look nicer then just plain land.

[Image: 0304092.jpg]
In this screenshot, instead of foliage there are billboard signs of different movie titles. This is significant because one of the themed areas of the park will have these exact billboards at the entrance to each ride corresponding to the movie names.

Which way should I go? This will be the strip of land against the main roadway where the entrance to the parking lot is.
You should definitely go with the first, with the trees. Having the billboards just doesn't look right, in my opinion.
Trees. This looks awesome! The park is very realistic.
I agree with Belloman, and this is not bad for RCT2
It's been a long time, but I never gave up on getting this park done. However, a combination of waiting for some custom scenery to be made for me, coupled with becoming a new father, and my job going on strike (visit www.saveourparamedics.com to help me out), the game simply had to wait.

Anyway... on to some screenshots. Unlike past practice, I am posting each screenshot in my posts themselves. Feedback is appreciated, as I try to make this park better then my first.

PARK OVERVIEW
[Image: 0807091.jpg]
Easily seen is the parking lot, the roadway, including the entrance into the park, and the Gated Fox Hotel and Condo Resort. Along the roadway are signs of various movie titles that will be used in the park. Also visible is the kiss n' ride, and a portion of the park itself that is very much under construction.

THE GATED FOX HOTEL AND CONDO RESORT
[Image: 0807092.jpg]
This facility welcomes guests who plan on visiting the theme park or not, although it does feature its own exclusive entrance into the park. Such outdoor resort activities include tennis, swimming, picnic areas, and mountain wall climbing.

PARK ENTRANCE
[Image: 0807093.jpg]
The park entrance has different services, including guest services, group sales, separate men and women washrooms, and the ticket booths. As said above, the portion you can see that is of the park itself has just begun.

These screenshots are also available at ThirstyDeer Online! - my lil' personal RCT2 site.

Feedback welcome!

On a side note, my website has been updated, including new information about the park.
Here is a bit of an update. I put a lot of work into every little part of the park (even if the results don't seem to show it), so even when time goes by without updates, and I don't have a large one to post after all that time, it doesn't mean I haven't been working long and hard on getting this park done. I just want to get it done right.

On to the screen shots...

[Image: 0821091.jpg]

BOULEVARD PLAZA
On the outside, these buildings appear to be separate from each other. However, on the inside, they are all inter-connected, and are home to many licensed food stalls such as McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, and Popcorn, as well as restrooms and an ATM machine. My goal with these buildings was to have them themed similarly, but also have each of them a bit unique from each other.

Next screen shot...

[Image: 0821092.jpg]

KINGSWOOD AMPHITHEATER AND PRIVATE FUNCTIONS AREA
Similar to the amphitheater I designed in my earlier attempt at FSW, this one is a relatively simple layout. It is named after my home park's private area (Canada's Wonderland). Beyond the amphitheater is the private functions area, including stage and audience, and covered eating area.

As always, these screen shots, other updates and information, including my other custom RCT2 park download is located at ThirstyDeer Online! - my own lil' RCT2 site.

There won't be anything new posts from me over the next few weeks as I am heading to Europe to visit the in-laws... yay :-)