Will there be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4?

(Sep 3, 2013, 04:51 PM)TheFireKing Wrote:
(Aug 28, 2013, 12:16 PM)Silvarret Wrote: Sequal for the entire series, but indeed a re-tread of RCT3 if it isn't a spin-off, since it's the most game of the franchise.

And spin-offs are games such as ThrillVille and RCT3DS, stuff which we don't want Angry

Eh, some spin-offs are good (Generalizing much? Lol), but I'll agree with you in this case, a spin-off of RCT3 could only lead to disaster. Besides, isn't there already another roller coaster game Frontier made? I could've sworn there was one for a phone or something. However, i think it was marketed without the RCT3 name. Same concept though. *Cough, cough, spin-off*

And RCT3DS? Don't even get me started...

I wasn't generalizing spin-offs in general, but spin-offs of pretty RCT3 are unecessary.

And I think the game you're thinking of was Coaster Crazy.
All we need is somebody to lean on.
(Sep 4, 2013, 10:53 AM)Silvarret Wrote:
(Sep 3, 2013, 04:51 PM)TheFireKing Wrote: Eh, some spin-offs are good (Generalizing much? Lol), but I'll agree with you in this case, a spin-off of RCT3 could only lead to disaster. Besides, isn't there already another roller coaster game Frontier made? I could've sworn there was one for a phone or something. However, i think it was marketed without the RCT3 name. Same concept though. *Cough, cough, spin-off*

And RCT3DS? Don't even get me started...

I wasn't generalizing spin-offs in general, but spin-offs of pretty RCT3 are unecessary.

And I think the game you're thinking of was Coaster Crazy.

Oh, my bad, misinterpreted that...

And Yeah! Thats the one! Never played it. Don't think I will. If its anything Frontier's last attempt at a touch screen roller coaster game then I most certainly will not.
Don't stall, don't stall, don't stall...
It stalled....

~TFK

Frontier attempted a touch-screen roller coaster game!? How was that played, did the players drag and drop complete structures, rides, coasters and other park components from the menus directly onto the landscape?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I know Disney put out an interactive amusement park game as well that I didnt purchase. Being a Disney family we really would enjoy having more character options for park cast member points as part of the game. Be nice to have an option to put in photo location that could take snap shot of costumed cast member and peeps. Be nice to have more options on the peeps to make more realisitc character similiar to sims for family shots.
Yeh that would be nice. It's possible to set photo spots in RCT3. I haven't tried it but as far as I know they are photos of the scenery, not of the guests or entertainers - yeah that would be great!
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Sep 5, 2013, 04:04 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Frontier attempted a touch-screen roller coaster game!? How was that played, did the players drag and drop complete structures, rides, coasters and other park components from the menus directly onto the landscape?

Wish I could tell you how it played, but like I said, I haven't played it. My phone still runs on Gingerbread, and I couldn't find it on the Android 2.3 market, so, until I get a new phone I won't know.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it had a smiliar GUI as to RCT3, but witl larger icons. As for how it was placed, designs were made, or how buildings were created, I can only see limitations. It was released to negative reviews, so I assume it was a disappointment. The whole concept of a touch screen version of RCT3 just seems impossible, or at least a long way out. There are just so many different components of the game.

Silvarret was right, nothing good could possibly come from an RCT3 spin-off, and so far nothing has. Long live Roller Coaster Tycoon 3!
It stalled....

~TFK

(Sep 5, 2013, 04:42 PM)TheFireKing Wrote: .....The whole concept of a touch screen version of RCT3 just seems impossible, or at least a long way out. There are just so many different components of the game......

This is true. It would be the difference between typing someone an email using your computer keyboard, and sending the same amount of text through SMS on a 12-key touch pad mobile phone.

(Sep 5, 2013, 05:38 PM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote:
(Sep 5, 2013, 04:42 PM)TheFireKing Wrote: .....The whole concept of a touch screen version of RCT3 just seems impossible, or at least a long way out. There are just so many different components of the game......

This is true. It would be the difference between typing someone an email using your computer keyboard, and sending the same amount of text through SMS on a 12-key touch pad mobile phone.

It would still be cool if it did work though! Maaybe someday we will have the capability to make something like that. Smile
It stalled....

~TFK

Here's a decent gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjwBrWbcBo

As you see, not all that horrible, it has some potential and it can be a fun game when you're bored.
That being said however, even though the mechanics seem to allow realistic coasters and a lot of proper customization possibilities, the game is incredibly unrealistic with peeps flying out of cars and deadly elements and so it's not of interest to anyone trying to build a realistic coaster or make a nice park.
All we need is somebody to lean on.
(Sep 7, 2013, 03:59 AM)Silvarret Wrote: Here's a decent gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RjwBrWbcBo

As you see, not all that horrible, it has some potential and it can be a fun game when you're bored.
That being said however, even though the mechanics seem to allow realistic coasters and a lot of proper customization possibilities, the game is incredibly unrealistic with peeps flying out of cars and deadly elements and so it's not of interest to anyone trying to build a realistic coaster or make a nice park.

It could be worse I guess.
It stalled....

~TFK