NEWS Theme Park Studio on Kickstarter

(Apr 18, 2013, 08:52 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Theme Park Studio have created a stunning logo. The RCT3 logo was a let-down. Notwithstanding this I've seen lots of conflicting information covering many facets of Theme Park Studio so before I part with any money I'm adopting a let-them-release-it and then a wait-and-see attitude.

Really? I thought the TPS logo was basically a copy, but of course higher quality with a few changes.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Huh............
Better start begging my parents.
Does anyone know what the maximum map size is going to be for Theme Park Studio? I know TPS isn’t going to have a grid but what is it’s equivalent maximum map size going to be? Just wondering if a lack of grid isn't going to disguise a small map size .....
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

Ohhhhhh nooooooooo, no grid!!!!!!!!!!! I love using the grid in rct3!!!!!! Frown
Tell me about it! Confused How is one supposed to place things accurately in the game without a grid? And I wonder how landscaping is going to work without a grid.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I have no idea! I think you just place it wherever, and you cant tell if it's in the right spot or not.
I'm sitting here reading this thinking:

You've got to be kidding me... the whole idea in RCT3 is to place things WITHOUT having it look like it's aligned on a grid. No grid = good thing.
(Apr 16, 2013, 05:53 PM)Justin Wrote:
(Apr 16, 2013, 05:05 PM)rccoa coasters Wrote: Will people be able to upload their creations from theme park studio to RCTgo?

I plan on adding that ability, yes. Smile

That's good to hear Smile

(Apr 20, 2013, 07:24 AM)AndrewKramer Wrote: I have no idea! I think you just place it wherever, and you cant tell if it's in the right spot or not.

Oh no. This would be bad for me. I get all obsessive compulsive about these things lol. Everything (that I create) needs to be perfectly aligned otherwise I won't like it.

But other than OCD, some form of coordinates system should be set in place, or pixel-based coordinate system. Maybe, for example, in the details box of the ride you're placing, they could have something like X and Y axis, so you can compare it with the axis of something you want to place next to it Smile

(Apr 23, 2013, 07:51 AM)iateyourtoothpaste Wrote:
(Apr 16, 2013, 05:53 PM)Justin Wrote: I plan on adding that ability, yes. Smile

That's good to hear Smile

(Apr 20, 2013, 07:24 AM)AndrewKramer Wrote: I have no idea! I think you just place it wherever, and you cant tell if it's in the right spot or not.

Oh no. This would be bad for me. I get all obsessive compulsive about these things lol. Everything (that I create) needs to be perfectly aligned otherwise I won't like it.

But other than OCD, some form of coordinates system should be set in place, or pixel-based coordinate system. Maybe, for example, in the details box of the ride you're placing, they could have something like X and Y axis, so you can compare it with the axis of something you want to place next to it Smile

I just had another idea. I developed an app a few years back that allowed my clients to drag and drop stuff on a window. There was no Grid system in place at all. Then they wanted to be able to align things next to one another easily, so I implemented a "Snap-to" feature, whereby an object being dragged would snap-to another object on the window with about 5pixel padding. I don't see why this would be any problem for this game. I just hope that they've given some thought to this.
Good idea. Biggrin
[Image: 528178_509529172430197_169075770_n.png]
My Website: ✏ RCTgoMatthew
Are you struggling with, RCTgo, RCT1,2,3, NoLimits, Thrillville or Thrillville: Off The Rails?
Just PM me about the things you want sorting out and I will be willing to help you.
Both of toothpaste's comments that I've read remind me of Photoshop. Snapping and brushes.