NEWS Theme Park Studio on Kickstarter

WHOA! those peeps actually don't look like a person drawn by me!!! LOL
I don't know if just me, maybe you can work some magic with editing, but the screenshots don't seem very lively. I mean there's lots of detail and all, but I like something more like this:

[Image: Shot0965_zps8f243259.png]
[Image: Shot0966_zps01b75044.png]

Or maybe something a little more dramatic:

[Image: station.jpg]

So far, as many cool features as they have added, the realsim, the detail, you can still get in RCT3, even if you have to pay the cost of a not-as-smooth layout. I just don't know if I'm convinced yet.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Excellent station, realistic park and great image, Alex http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content/n74...tation.jpg . That's the quantity of vegetation I eventually want to have in my parks but they keep clogging before I get there.

Theme Park Studio screenshots don’t look quite on. You said it when you said they lack liveliness. They all look hazy and on top of this there is still not enough information available on this game ….. and now I’m hearing people talk about pre-ordering it!!! And we don’t even know what sort of system it needs!?

What I would like is a park a minimum of 1,000x1,000 tiles and a game engine that can handle all the CS I can put in the park. I would also like to have (all at the same time) hundreds of stalls and coasters in the park, dozens of enclosures containing hundreds of animals, the ability to have 50,000 guests & 10,000 staff in the park, with reflective water, with day and night cycle, with shadows in the day cycle, with the highest LOD/geometry imposter settings set permanently that way and all with my existing system and without the game crashing once for any reason. I’ve said all that to say this: the only reason I will leave RCT3 is for another game that will take me closer to what I’ve just written.

True I can’t have that now with RCT3 but with RCT3 I can have this:

[Image: 3005marinatowers5.jpg]

[Image: marinatowersfirst05.jpg]

[Image: 02stationpoolrides.jpg]

[Image: concordiagardens02.jpg]

[Image: favoritescreenshot0018.jpg]

I seriously don’t think I’ll be able to do this in TPS, in which there’s also no sign of animals (either sea or land) or pools.

I know Theme Park Studio isn’t made by Atari or Chris Sawyer and that I shouldn’t expect it to be the same but that’s exactly my point. It’s not the same – what I’ve seen so far is a step backwards. in addition to which I would much rather play an RCT4 wannabe if it's simply a retread of RCT3 and I can use all my existing RCT stuff (or convert it) into this new arrival, and that means all rides and coasters, all scenery and structures. There is just no way I’m going to leave tons of painstakingly collected and lovingly created old familiar stuff behind in order to get TPS simply because TPS is new.

I’ll make a switch when I’m assured it will kick up my gaming experience, not a switch that’s going to kick it back.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(May 30, 2013, 10:11 PM)alexwohlbruck Wrote: I don't know if just me, maybe you can work some magic with editing, but the screenshots don't seem very lively. I mean there's lots of detail and all, but I like something more like this:

[Image: Shot0965_zps8f243259.png]
[Image: Shot0966_zps01b75044.png]

Or maybe something a little more dramatic:

[Image: station.jpg]

So far, as many cool features as they have added, the realsim, the detail, you can still get in RCT3, even if you have to pay the cost of a not-as-smooth layout. I just don't know if I'm convinced yet.

You can't call this rct3 anymore...

[Image: MSPDLig.jpg]
Check out my stuff
Current projects: - Wooden duo coaster, tropical themed // B&M sitdown, jungle/desert themed

If you really try, you can get those results.
What I like about TPS is that you can draw your own shapes and use the presets for more complex stuff like inversions. It'll be easier to recreate B&M's smooth curved drops, like the one on Hair Raiser at Ocean Park, or the curvy hills of Intamin megacoasters like Expedition GeForce and Intimidator 305. Add to the fact that this is basically RCT3 with modeling-free custom scenery, better support structure, a coaster building method similar to Coaster Crazy (my favorite iOS game as of now, and made by the creators of RCT3) and more realism with the graphics and peep behavior, and I'm hooked.

Just one thing - the Intamin Super Pack in RCTLounge isn't done yet, but I'm afraid Parallax and the other CT makers must've spent years modeling every piece imaginable for every Intamin track available only for a piece-free, grid-free, flexible simulator to come along. Isn't that unfortunate?

And also - will they allow custom cars? As much as I love B&M and Mack cars, and as unpopular my opinion is, I love the X-Car and the X-Train. Plus I'm not sure if one of my other favorite trains - B&M Wing Rider - is included, but if it's not it's nice to see someone importing RCTman12's popular B&M Revamp set into the new game (if RCTman12 will give permission to import it - but I'm not sure if he is in RCTgo and I'm even less sure if he is even online in any RCT site).

And to answer many of the others' inquiries - I don't think TPS looks like RCT3 at all, especially when it comes to lighting. I'm not sure for pools, though. As for Flight's fountains - seeing from the videos it's pretty straightforward, if time-consuming, when it comes to the custom scenery (place a building block, shrink it, stretch it, attach it to another block, add textures...) and if you have at least the Gold edition ($30) they have a particle system... just not sure if the fountains can be as smooth as Ralfiveh's fountains or vPyro's waterjets.

And, finally, to alexwohlbruck - where do you get those water lilies and those lake/riverside plants? Impressive.
Scenarios Thread | Downloads Page | Videos Page
WIP: Rotten Candy Scenario (Mid 2015), NoLimits Intamin coaster, NoLimits Mack launched coaster
Need help? Click here, type out your problem, and send me a message.
(Jun 8, 2013, 07:51 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: ….. I don't think TPS looks like RCT3 at all, especially when it comes to lighting. I'm not sure for pools, though. As for Flight's fountains - seeing from the videos it's pretty straightforward, if time-consuming, when it comes to the custom scenery (place a building block, shrink it, stretch it, attach it to another block, add textures...) …..

Yeah, I’ve seen the videos where they place a block and stretch it into what’s needed. Yes, that’s very quick and it will be a fast way to deck out a park but with such convenience everyone's parks will end up looking similar. And I’ve seen Theme Park Studio’s dreadful western buildings. Apart from vegetation I can’t see this way of placing items improving the appearance of scenery.

I agree, the lighting between RCT3 and TPS is definitely different. And I don’t remember seeing any TPS night scenes …
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

(Jun 8, 2013, 07:51 AM)nerdygeekrct Wrote: And, finally, to alexwohlbruck - where do you get those water lilies and those lake/riverside plants? Impressive.

Well, one, that's not my picture.

But I know where they're from though.
Wow! The latest updates look great! I just hope they make the area around the park look like forest or a moving city (flying helicopters, cars, city noise, etc.).
[Image: Ardy.png]
A little over a month ago, they released a No-Limits 2 demo. There are flat rides and multiple roller coasters! If it comes out, TPS has no chance.