Will there be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4?

You never know, the trademark is still owned by Chris Sawyer and if it manages to stay trendy. There could be another game. But, only time will tell.
[Image: cooltext119149321119276.png]
There won't be a Roller Coaster Tycoon 4.
At least not in the next 5 years.
I'm sure RCT3 afficionados far and wide are wondering how you would know Ninja it's 5 years and not 10? Tell us, tell us. Tongue Enquiring minds want to know.
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

RCT4 Y U NO COME OUT
And yes please enlighten us silvarret.
[Image: sig_zps84f84773.jpg]
I actually don't know for sure as I'm not an insider, but I know it as sure as the fact that Half-Life 3 won't come out any time soon.
I will enlighten you with my mind gloomy mind, k.

It's so incredibly unlikely. Games cost a lot of time and money to produce. At the moment Atari doesn't appear to feel like making an RCT4, and nobody was interested in the rights for the RCT series. And if Atari or another company would be interested to make the game, they should start incredibly soon if they'd want to release the game soon. And right now, RCT3 is probably not popular enough to make a sequel.
Not to mention the fact that spin-offs are also a thing, and I feel like there's almost a bigger chance of a spin-off being released than a number 4 in the series. If the current situation goes on, a sequel is unlikely. There's a lack of interest. More people need to show that they want an RCT4.

And I think that there's been enough of the regular RCT series. There's not more to add or improve. Sure, fans would like somewhat better graphics, an undo button would be nice, and there could be more campaigns, but in terms of gameplay and style, they seemingly drained it. If anything, a new game could possibly something entirely different, and not something that continues doing what all the RCT games did up to now.
All we need is somebody to lean on.
Yeh, and a copy and paste feature. So, when you say a sequel do you mean a re-tread of RCT3, like RCT2 was a re-tread of RCT1?

Ummm .. what's a spin-off?
PM's to this member account are not monitored. Please direct all questions/comments here.

I really wish a RC 4 would come out. It would be nice to add more park worker and entertainer options. I woul dlaos love to see a giant increase in the scenery options with inclusion of many options from this website. Also a merging of RC 4 and other tycoons systems for use in th epark or a expansion around property with limited features. Be nice if there was a city option for a park, zoo, sea world, prison and other systems to be interchanged.
(Aug 27, 2013, 08:47 AM)FlightToAtlantis Wrote: Yeh, and a copy and paste feature. So, when you say a sequel do you mean a re-tread of RCT3, like RCT2 was a re-tread of RCT1?

Ummm .. what's a spin-off?

Sequal for the entire series, but indeed a re-tread of RCT3 if it isn't a spin-off, since it's the most game of the franchise.

And spin-offs are games such as ThrillVille and RCT3DS, stuff which we don't want Angry
All we need is somebody to lean on.
(Aug 28, 2013, 12:16 PM)Silvarret Wrote: Sequal for the entire series, but indeed a re-tread of RCT3 if it isn't a spin-off, since it's the most game of the franchise.

And spin-offs are games such as ThrillVille and RCT3DS, stuff which we don't want Angry

Eh, some spin-offs are good (Generalizing much? Lol), but I'll agree with you in this case, a spin-off of RCT3 could only lead to disaster. Besides, isn't there already another roller coaster game Frontier made? I could've sworn there was one for a phone or something. However, i think it was marketed without the RCT3 name. Same concept though. *Cough, cough, spin-off*

And RCT3DS? Don't even get me started...
Don't stall, don't stall, don't stall...
It stalled....

~TFK

I don’t understand why they thought we needed RCT3D when RCT3 is already in 3D ….. duh!

The word is Chris Sawyer is bringing Transport Tycoon to mobile devices. There doesn’t seem to be anything concrete in the pipeline for anything further in RCT. I can only hope Chris is considering an RCT4 and that Transport Tycoon is an excuse to feel out the industry after the shamelessly callous way it treated him with RCT3.