Tropico Shores

oh ..............................................
[Image: ek5uf.jpg]
Try #2
Thread Coming Soon!
The layouts are different from each other. This picture will help show where they differ.
Option A and the first part of the layout are the red track.
Option B is the purple track.
[Image: Shot0163.jpg]
Thanks for all of the replies guys! I'll try to get the next update up tomorrow. I still have a lot of landscaping to do near one of the coasters and I want It to be unveiled fully themed. Anyways, I'll keep you posted!
i like the colors how they are in the picture.
[Image: AMUDExV.png]
Update 5-I'm Searching for a Bird of Paradise (12/31/11)
Thanks to everyone who participated by choosing a layout! The winner by only a single vote is... Option A!

Now, onto the next coaster in the park. It's taken me the longest to build of all of the park's coasters, and I can hardly wait to show it to you guys. The foliage around it is not quite complete yet, but it should be soon. So then, let's get to the pictures!
[Image: Shot0168.jpg]
This is the station and exit path of the new coaster, which is called Bird of Paradise. It is the largest/tallest coaster in the park, and is located next to the parking lot. This gives guests somewhat of a view of the ride before they enter the park.

[Image: Shot0165.jpg]
The lift hill of the massive coaster. It even has lights, but you'll have to wait until a later update to see what the park looks like at night.

[Image: Shot0172.jpg]
Upon finishing it's trip up the lift hill, Bird of Paradise takes a massive drop leading into the first inversion of the ride.

[Image: Shot0175.jpg]
When it exits the loop, the train circles through a large helix before heading down the track towards the next element.

[Image: Shot0176.jpg]
Bird of Paradise then flies into a cobra roll which wraps around neatly the lift hill of the coaster.

[Image: Shot0177.jpg]
After a twist, the train dips down into a high speed helix before rising up again to the MCBR.

[Image: Shot0169.jpg]
As the ride nears it's end riders are treated to interlocking corkscrews before turning around, and speeding into the brake run.

[Image: Shot0178.jpg]
An above view of Bird of Paradise.

[Image: Shot0164.jpg]
As you can see with this overview, the path layout is finished and buildings will soon be added to the park. I will also be working to gear the park up for nighttime viewing.

Current Progress
Entrance Area-22%
Back Area-70%
Side Area-40%
Boardwalk-55%
Parking Lot-80%
Landscaping/Foliage-11%
It's good.
[Image: ek5uf.jpg]
Try #2
Thread Coming Soon!
now it seems to make all the other coasters wimpy...
Just a little teaser...
[Image: Shot0182.jpg]
its really cool when you have lights and darkness. i love coasters that way!
i see ness, you are online as i post this.
Hello again. It's been what? Two months? Well, I have done little work except for the sporadic going into the game and cleaning some things up. But, I have been inspired as of late so I opened the game up again and got some work done cleaning up some of the area around Bird of Paradise, but unfortunately, I have little to show for it.

I've finally got around to doing BoPs MCBR. Had to re-route the queue and I want to try to work the queue out in a different way, but I'm happy with it.
[Image: Shot0185.jpg]

I've also done landscaping in the area behind and around BoPs first inversion.
[Image: Shot0186.jpg]

Now it's time for a little bit of trivia.
-Tropico Shores, or at least the ride lineup of Tropico Shores, is based loosely on the ride lineup of my home park. Of course, most of the tracked rides have many differences but they each drew inspiration from a ride in this park. Many of the rides have also remained near their respective positions in the park with some slight alterations. Try guessing the park. I'll reveal hints as I update the park in the future.
The girder supports look a little small for the loop in the last picture, but I guess it's better than the ingame ones Tongue